• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattlesnake888

I read that same report, so our shirt sales are staying steady despite the club having some poor seasons until last year. Also with when all club merchandise is taken into account only United are ahead of us.

RMP

TIA First Team
AussieLad said:
Was thinking the same thing. Away and 3rd kits both look decent, home kit am not too sure about, but will wait untill I see it in the shops before making judgement
On a marketing level its done on purpose. People are gonna buy the home kit anyways but pegging it down while making better designs for the away and alternative kits increases sale for those.

anglian_red

It's the right choice of colours from the perspective of trying to sell shirts. The black one will sell like mad, much better than any flourescent yellow like we have now.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Rattlesnake888 said:
I read that same report, so our shirt sales are staying steady despite the club having some poor seasons until last year. Also with when all club merchandise is taken into account only United are ahead of us.
Err..no, not quite.

DEVGRU

Rattlesnake888 said:
Ok mate but can you share those figures that show our shirt sales are in decline?

Lots of other sites report our shirt and other official merchandise sales are going well
I always believe in common sense and sensible thinking.

And understanding the industry and what is going on in it.

And then making informed decisions from that.

Rattlesnake888

What??

You have absolutely nothing to back up your statements except your opinion. Fat Chops show me some data that backs up your claims that we are losing out due to not having Nike or Adidas as our kit supplier.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
From the only data shown on this thread it seems we have dropped in kit sales but then again that co-cided with our on the pitch form, I would be interested to see our kit sales last season and this summer.

Success and Champions League football especially breeds sales, the title race helped us in more than just more exposure on television.

DEVGRU

Rattlesnake888 said:
What??

You have absolutely nothing to back up your statements except your opinion. Fat Chops show me some data that backs up your claims that we are losing out due to not having Nike or Adidas as our kit supplier.
Some people certainly need a reality check.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
mattyhurst said:
From the only data shown on this thread it seems we have dropped in kit sales but then again that co-cided with our on the pitch form, I would be interested to see our kit sales last season and this summer.

Success and Champions League football especially breeds sales, the title race helped us in more than just more exposure on television.
Pitch form is only one of the issue, we do not have a very recognisable name in the team other than Gerrard, so it is not that shocking that our sales had dropped.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
lfc.eddie said:
Pitch form is only one of the issue, we do not have a very recognisable name in the team other than Gerrard, so it is not that shocking that our sales had dropped.
The drop was a few years ago, 2011-12 we were around 700k units. It moved upward from then, but I would guess Suarez shirts undersold compared to his level.

DEVGRU

I have to agree with Matty, Eddie and Arminius..

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
i actually took my NB ball turfs out for night practice last Weds which was just a 90min 1/2-field scrimmage.

fantastic turfs they are. hope they make them for football because my Adi Nitro are killing me

CraigREDMAN

They have signed a record kit deal. So it will be 3 new kits again next season. 1 gets my really excited. 3 is too much. Spend the money from this deal on a World class striker.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
New Balance is basically a rebranding of Warrior. Is it really a new deal?

Anyway, I don't think it quite works as you say in terms of funding transfers. It will be payments spread over the course of the deal and it's likely to be performance and incentive structured.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Is there a figure attached to the deal? Record breaking being bandied about but is it smoke and mirrors?

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
LFC signed a 6-year deal with Warrior, in 2016. New Balance are just taking over the deal now. It's worth £25m per year, but a LOT more in merchandising as LFC now control all non training/kit and thus get 100% themselves (unlike with adidas etc). The potential worth of the whole deal is £300m.

CraigREDMAN

Wow I am glad Zoran put this on. I actually like the red one. The white is nice and plain, traditional. Not keen on the other one. I always like us having a yellow one. Like this seasons. I now only get 1 each season. Wonder if these are the real deal.

calel9

TIA Squad Member
so if its 300 mill total, how many years is it from 2015/16?

5? 6?

I imagine its 6 which brings it to 50 mill a year which is double our current or am i just taking a simplistic veiw?

hate it when they dont release the details

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
It's not 300m that's just the rags making up a figure because the deal only includes kit and training gear so we can earn millions more from all other merchandise, but that's the same as our old deal

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Well our last deal was £ 25mil a year, so I would assume it would be between 6-10 year deal worth £ 300mil in total. While United got £ 75mil a year from their shirt deal if I am not mistaken, we will always be lower than theirs. Unfortunately.

marvy

hopefully our performance and winning a few cups, and hopefully the league, will snag us more sponsors and better deals. would love nothing better than to get a bigger than the turd.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I like the white jersey, that will be my pick for next season

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Express said that the NB deal "greatly outweighs" the 25mil per year Warrior deal. Not sure how accurate it is, meaning it could be higher, probably as close as the Arsenal 150m, 5 year deal with Puma? or maybe overtaking that? Says ours is 300mil but never stated the number of years. Assuming it is 10, its 30mil per year and that would put us on par with Arsenal but far far behind Man U

Kopreneur

TIA Youth Team
I'm not overly enthused about new balance, but if the money is good - it is alright with me.

The main issue is designing a good shirt, I know people will buy it anyway but the better they look the more units we'll sell.

We've had a few hits and quite a few misses too imho over recent years. Hope they get it right next season, but I'll buy one shirt anyway but get more if they actually look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.