• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Granted it was on Mail Online, but they were reporting that Liverpool will start wearing could be crowned Champions wearing Nike.

Hopefully the season will resume in a few weeks, but there is every chance of it going into June, and apparently our contract with Nike begins on the 1st June, so could Liverpool be lifting the Premier League Trophy in the new kit, or will we they be contracted to wear NB through the whole of season?

Surely not another date in court.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Granted it was on Mail Online, but they were reporting that Liverpool will start wearing could be crowned Champions wearing Nike.

Hopefully the season will resume in a few weeks, but there is every chance of it going into June, and apparently our contract with Nike begins on the 1st June, so could Liverpool be lifting the Premier League Trophy in the new kit, or will we they be contracted to wear NB through the whole of season?

Surely not another date in court.
That story initially came from The Athletic, I think?

Funnily enough, we're due a £2m bonus under our Nike Contract if we win the league. Presumably whilst Nike might try and claim entitlement to being the kit we wear from 1st June, we'd equally be able to claim that bonus? ;)

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
That story initially came from The Athletic, I think?

Funnily enough, we're due a £2m bonus under our Nike Contract if we win the league. Presumably whilst Nike might try and claim entitlement to being the kit we wear from 1st June, we'd equally be able to claim that bonus? ;)
It would be great to start this new relationship with a legal tussle:LOL:

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Even if it's real, these things always look better as the final product. Most people seemed to hate our orange kit when rumoured, but that one worked out okay.
It’s so ugly that it’s beautiful. I’ll take four.
I like it but i have terrible taste.
The more I look at it the more I really like it. I just can’t figure out what the pattern is. If it’s something specific related to the city or if it’s just a random pattern. And this is just a minor critique, and only because I’m a kit geek/snob, the crew collar is a little wide for my tastes. But that’s so minor. Either way I do really like it and think it will look sharp on the players.

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
The more I look at it the more I really like it. I just can’t figure out what the pattern is. If it’s something specific related to the city or if it’s just a random pattern. And this is just a minor critique, and only because I’m a kit geek/snob, the crew collar is a little wide for my tastes. But that’s so minor. Either way I do really like it and think it will look sharp on the players.
Shankly Gates possibly

Red over the water

And this is just a minor critique, and only because I’m a kit geek/snob, the crew collar is a little wide for my tastes. But that’s so minor. Either way I do really like it and think it will look sharp on the players.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it is to give the pumpkin-heads a bit more of a chance to get it on without ripping it? Make the crew collar a bit wider and a bit more stretchy, and Bob's yer uncle?

I also thought that the collar might not look as wide when the whole shirt is displayed?

Mind you, I know nothing about fashion or what looks good, as my wife can attest...

Commando

Ad-free Member
[/QUOTE]

Shankly Gates possibly
The same/similar pattern seems to be on the beige/grey textile being used as the background. It looks a bit like a flag to my untrained eye.

richieh10

That is a poor effort.

hope it’s fake.

could look better in real life I guess but wtf is that pattern all about.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Obviously home shirts should always be red, some detailing in white or yellow/gold is acceptable but not too much and I dont like it as much when it's both. The sponsorship and badge and detailing should all be matching.

For "away" shirts (2nd and 3rd) I only like a limited selection used. Grey/silver/white, yellow, green and black. Yet again these should be almost all or all that colour. Some detailing can be used here and there but yet again should really only be 1 colour matching sponsorship and badge etc! I've quite liked some shorts we've had that don't fit that but they just haven't really felt like ours.

I just like to have a sense of practical efficiency and grace to our kits. Not too busy or flashy. Although saying that some of the more busy and flashy ones in recent years are the ones that look best as street clothes with a pair of Jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.