Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

rab

Can't really complain about what Nike have produced for us when you see what they've delivered for Chelsea.

Blue shirt with slightly darker blue cuffs. Take the badge and the sponsors logo off and it's a Nike training top that you'd get for a tenner in Sports Direct.

And only made worse by the giant 3 logo on the front.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Did you get it from the club or somewhere else
Like Scott said the link is on previous page but just so theres no miss-understanding,i posted the official website statement that says the 2019/20 champions gear is sold out atm,i can't see this top on that site,the only pre-order i see on the official is this seasons top with a gold premier league badge on the sleeve and Champions 19-20 in gold on the back of the shirt,so whether its a New Balance special only,i'm not sure?? here's the link i got mine.

richieh10

Decent.

I can see me getting the shirt again, even though I only got it a few months back. FML slave to it
aint we

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I am surprised the NB is not making more kits to meet demands. Even though NB and LFC do not part in the best of terms, I thought that getting Nike to hold off until later so that NB continues to provide kit for LFC until the end of the extended season has been an amicable move by all parties. It feels like NB is cutting off the nose to spite the face.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lica-home-kits-selling-1-7million-shirts.html

petergriffin2020

I am surprised the NB is not making more kits to meet demands. Even though NB and LFC do not part in the best of terms, I thought that getting Nike to hold off until later so that NB continues to provide kit for LFC until the end of the extended season has been an amicable move by all parties. It feels like NB is cutting off the nose to spite the face.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lica-home-kits-selling-1-7million-shirts.html
I agree, particularly since the global demand for Liverpool kits is arguably the highest it’s ever been. If I’m NB, I might still be bitter, but if my kit deal expires the spring that the team wins the title, you bet I’m going to milk it for all it’s worth. That said, I imagine the dates and costs for production might have been forecasted pre-COVID given the court decision was made last fall, so perhaps they didn’t see it as worth it given changes in logistics. Still, I am a bit surprised as well.

As for the Nike shirts, I have the last 2 NB home shirts but you damn well bet I’m buying a Nike. Have a few from the Adidas days, I always thought they were sharp, and as a former Bostonian I liked the last 2 NB kits, but I’ve always wanted to see LFC in a Nike kit!

Last edited:

Alright Now

I just clicked on @CymruRed ’s link above and the kits are available albeit without numbers at the back. Even worse, the number for Thiago is not available yet.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I wonder if NB did not expect the demand to supply a Champions of England team, and has already completed retoolling their manufacturing for next season, and is no longer in the position to revert back in making more kit.

With this turn of an event, LFC is correct in switching supplier with much larger capacity and distribution, even though I really like what NB had come up with for the past few seasons.

Alright Now

I wonder if NB did not expect the demand to supply a Champions of England team, and has already completed retoolling their manufacturing for next season, and is no longer in the position to revert back in making more kit.

With this turn of an event, LFC is correct in switching supplier with much larger capacity and distribution, even though I really like what NB had come up with for the past few seasons.
Could also be that the virus has impacted supply chains globally.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I just clicked on @CymruRed ’s link above and the kits are available albeit without numbers at the back. Even worse, the number for Thiago is not available yet.
Yeah sorry, i should have mentioned NB aren't giving you the option to put a badge on the sleeve or put a name/number on the back of the shirt.

Sports Direct have 3 variants of our Premiership Champions shirt now (1,Champions type around the LFC Badge (stitched),2 Champions type in the center of the shirt between the NB/LFC Logo (printed) and 3,normal shirt with Champions 19-20 on back of the shirt),you can also get a name/number printed on the back of the first 2 shirts but still no badge for the sleeve.It's also £10 cheaper than NB (before adding a name/number).

richieh10

My feelings on this are that the shirt has been on sale for over a year. If you wanted the shirt there was ample opportunity to buy it. I came to the party late doors and got mine in Feb as wanted the World Club Champions Badge on it, in hindsight do I wish I held off and waiting to get the “champions shirt” -
Yes I probably do - but the club are going to milk the Champions 19-20 idea all over the Nike shirt too (rightfully so - its been 30 years) and Nike will 100% be pushing that agenda also.

big noyd

these nike chelsea alternate kits look like pajamas

and apparently the new balance prototype away kits for us next year were a bright yellow, which means i could wear have worn them on the construction site like the toxic thunder and netherlands-looking third kits from recent years

our kits are gonna be worse, it is what it is

petergriffin2020

With the club shop apparently running out, thought it might be worth sharing — apologies if it’s already been mentioned — that I got my kit from SOCCER.com. I’m not sure if they only ship to the US or not, but I got Robertson on the back and Premier League badges on the arms and it’s a legit NB 19-20 home shirt. Again, could have been mentioned and they could well have run out, but I ordered mine about a week before we wrapped up the title.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Not sure how Nike could say that our kit will not be running off other templates. Right now, watching Chelsea in the away/3rd kit against Palace, the Chelsea baby blue kit has the same collar, same side stripe, etc. looked just like our leaked home kit for next year. :rolleyes:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Oh well. Is it a bit crap from a financial and fan pleasure point that we won the league in this situation? Sure. Plus what happened with NB at the court. Who knows what all happened behind the scenes. Does this surprise me? Not at all. They sometimes ran out of gear much earlier in the season. The Champions edition the club have made was pretty crap. But they 'had' to do something. I'm sure there are other, even better solutions from alternative LFC fan sites. Fans are creative, we made T-shirts last year after Madrid and will do it again for celebrating the league. Let's end this era, move onto Nike and use all these things as motivation to win it again properly next season!

richieh10

I wonder how much of this is down to NB not being big enough and prepared enough to deal with demand.

what I mean by this is of for example
If we already had Nike, a juggernaut, would they also have run out or would their sheer size and production rates compared to that of a smaller company like NB mean that would never happen.

An interesting scenario.
BTW does anybody know when the launch date for Nike is?

with the season ending late July and the new season probably starting at some point in September I guess I would imagine Aug 1st
Somewhere around then? Maybe even the day after the Newcastle game?

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I wonder how much of this is down to NB not being big enough and prepared enough to deal with demand.

what I mean by this is of for example
If we already had Nike, a juggernaut, would they also have run out or would their sheer size and production rates compared to that of a smaller company like NB mean that would never happen.

An interesting scenario.
BTW does anybody know when the launch date for Nike is?

with the season ending late July and the new season probably starting at some point in September I guess I would imagine Aug 1st
Somewhere around then? Maybe even the day after the Newcastle game?

I'd say it's probably down to a few things,firstly us selling out of the home shirt before the season ended,NB probably accounted for X-amount of shirts to be sold and made a few more just incase of extra demand,they made more to cover for pre-orders but then we went and won the league and needed shitloads more,i'd say they've probably thought,it's close to seasons end,we've broken our previous shirt sale record,sold over 1.7mill LFC shirts now Nike are almost taking over,fuck em!!

petergriffin2020

I feel like I've seen a number of our kits "leaked" and thought "yeah right" only for that exact design to be the one that comes out. With that in mind, I do have to wonder how much the actual Nike kits will differ from the leaked images. Obviously, the big question is how legit is the source of the leak, but you'd have to imagine that even if the "launch" is scheduled for August 1st that the design would be pretty well and truly set at this point, no? I mean, I guess they could change it just to throw fans off the paper trail, but that seems like a waste of time.

FWIW, there are Nike knock-offs already being sold. :ROFLMAO:

richieh10

@Neukolln already has the shirts, home and away from somebody I am assuming from Nike and according to him the home kit is the one with the weird looking back collar and the away is the mint green with the crazy looking pattern.

“I’ve already got the kits” sounds like such a twatty thing to say i’m inclined to believe that he is telling the truth - Who would bother lying about that.

I know this seasons kit has smashed records I just wonder with Nike joining the party and they’re obviously going to milk the Champions thing I wonder if next seasons shirt will eclipse this seasons?