Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
I don't understand the fume at all. The teal away is maybe a bit unusual and not very "Liverpool", but everything else looks great.

Anyway, we do this every season, by a month into seeing them on the players everyone will be fine.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I don't understand the fume at all. The teal away is maybe a bit unusual and not very "Liverpool", but everything else looks great.

Anyway, we do this every season, by a month into seeing them on the players everyone will be fine.

The Teal is suposed to represent the colour of the Liver Birds ontop of the Liver Building.I'm not a huge fan of the colour or the pattern on the fabric.

I'd imagine the Black is the keeper shirt,which i think is fine,the Orange i'd say is the away 2nd kit,not a fan of orange either tbh,the home shirt isn't as good as what NB have given us but it's not a bad kit,i'll still buy it,hopefully Nike will learn over time,whats needed to make great LFC shirts,just like NB did.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
They are the official tops. I’m not so sure where this malaise is coming from. It feels forced. This years top looks like it was designed at a primary school. Oh, vertical lines? How revolutionary. And I’m not dissing this years top! That’s just me saying we could do this every year.

The new home and away are really nice. The home is exceptional. Clean and smart.

EDIT: @CymruRed has it right. The elements in the green away are pieces of Liverpool.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Red one will be just fine I feel. Those two GK ones will also be good. It's just that teal away one which will be pretty weird (and hoping that we don't wear it as much during next season). Plus there's the black/pink missing, that should be our 3rd away kit?

richieh10

I like them. Not arsed about the away but also felt that way about some of the “out there”
NB kits which grew on me.

the home one is lovely, reminds me of my first LFC shirt in 94

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
They're just reproducing the same boring stuff from before, probably feeling like they need to now that we're champions and fans still have to wait for Nike.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
This deal is postponed by a month,we are 2 weeks away from release and still not an official sniff of it,we'd have been able to to see it and pre-order it by now in previous years,are we only going to see it on August 1st?? WTF is going on.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
They need time to design an ABBA kit for you.

Cool,hopefully the 3rd kit is covered in reflective disco ball patches,big tassled shoulder pads with arseless chap style shorts,i'll be having Dancing Queen 1 on the back.

(Edit:for clarification,this and ABBA music is all jokes btw,i don't endorse the playing of their music or wearing arseless disco balls,now sheep and wellies,thats a different matter)

Last edited:

richieh10

I’ve always found the LFC branded gear
Looks nice but is pretty shit quality.

maybe Nike not being advertised yet due to a clause in the NB contract.

mid you’re NB you defo have something in your contract saying that another brand can’t advertise their LFC shirts until the last X amount of days of the NB contract.

there has always been a launch and a Pre release but isn’t that from same brand to same brand?

richieh10

Looking forward to release however The clubs
Success over the last 12-18 months wearing NB will
Always be remembered.

onto bigger and better things (hopefully)

petergriffin2020

2012: Miffed at first when we did away with the club crest on the shirts and just went with the bird.

2020: Eh, fuck it, when we win things I don't give a shit what we wear.

richieh10

To be honest other than the slightly crazy 3rd strips (and 3rd strips are supposed to be a bit bonkers) NB have easily been the best kit manufacturers I think we’ve had. Standard that we’re riding the crest of a wave but the move to the darker shade of red was awesome in my opinion, the Liverbird badge is more iconic (plus saved the club a shit ton of money) And Nike now have a lot to live up to.

they can come with their billions and their super stars (LeBron etc) but its what they produce for our players to wear is how they’ll ultimately be judged.

[email protected]

To be honest other than the slightly crazy 3rd strips (and 3rd strips are supposed to be a bit bonkers) NB have easily been the best kit manufacturers I think we’ve had. Standard that we’re riding the crest of a wave but the move to the darker shade of red was awesome in my opinion, the Liverbird badge is more iconic (plus saved the club a shit ton of money) And Nike now have a lot to live up to.

they can come with their billions and their super stars (LeBron etc) but its what they produce for our players to wear is how they’ll ultimately be judged.
I think it'll be the bottom line that they bring in, personally.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member

richieh10

Does anybody know if that champions badge is available on the back of the shirt? Noticed all the players were wearing it on their backs for the lift

Red over the water

I don’t like the teal around the collar on the home shirt. I’m a traditional white collar man. I like simple, good design, but simple. And quality. If there is no embroidery for the badge, that’s a step down in quality.

Anyway, bah humbug. I’m the least fashionable person out there, and truth be told, I don’t mind what they wear to win another title!

Gazmaninaus

I’m not wearing the Nike strip at all until they pull out of China and stop using the Uhgurs as slave labour.