• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I was just questioning the shirt numbers Red_Jedi put up about breaking even at 1.5mill shirts and possibly selling 3 to 4 mill of them.I know there's a whole range of training gear and clothing to bump up the money.

I maybe getting my numbers from the wrong place but as far as i can see and find,we sold just over 1.6mill in 2018/19,Barcelona did 1.9mill,Bayern 2.5mill,RM 3.1mill,United broke the record with 3.25mill in 2018/19 season.

We sold 1.7mill shirts this season and that figure came out well before all the new "Champions" versions came out and people started buying another 1,so i wouldn't be suprised if we topped 2mill+.

It is a bit confusing, but the 2.9m shirt sales was from the NB vs Nike court case.... but it could be total units sold - including all the other gear etc? I think Nike were expecting to close in on 4m units and had capacity to do so - whereas NB were breaking their own records of 2.9m and their supply chain could not meet demand.

But these figures may not be exclusively "shirt" sales....

LFC wouldn't have moved to Nike if there wasn't a significant financial benefit - but what I've seen so far in terms of how the new kits look, I way preferred the NB stuff.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
The stripes are on mine too. Honestly it’s barely noticeable.
Fair, and I’ll probably be fine with it after I get used to it — just as a matter of principle (and because my favorite color is red) don’t like the idea of us being red and white anything; that’s for manure and Arsenal.

Edit: Come to think of it we’ve had white stripes on a number of our shirts through the years...including...well, this year. ;) Still think the Nike is more pronounced but I guess it’s tolerable.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Fair, and I’ll probably be fine with it after I get used to it — just as a matter of principle (and because my favorite color is red) don’t like the idea of us being red and white anything; that’s for manure and Arsenal.

Edit: Come to think of it we’ve had white stripes on a number of our shirts through the years...including...well, this year. ;) Still think the Nike is more pronounced but I guess it’s tolerable.
If there was one thing about the shirt I wasn’t wild about, it would be the shade of red they chose, I wish it was a little darker. I hate making a football shirt sound Haute Couture, just little nuances are important for me. I’ve always been a kit geek. The ‘faded copper‘ away shirt is beautifully unique. Love the bits of Liverpool incorporated in.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Now on Nike’s official website:

It'll be a nice and cool,light and airy shirt,if they are anything like the trainers,i've got a couple of pairs of Nike Vapormax trainers made of what looks like the same material,they are so light and cool,you can hardly feel them on your feet,it's like wearing a pair of socks.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
The photos on Kitman look like they have embroidered the badge, it also looks way better than I thought it did.
From the close ups on Nike.com the Nike tick and LFC logo look like a foam type of badge,probably heat/glued on,the Standard Chartered logo looks like a plastic print.I'd guess if your're going to iron it,do it inside out or that bastard is coming off lol

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Oddly enough the away one with the black badge seems to be embroidered so not sure why they haven't done it on the home, in fact I like it bar that.

Last edited:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Somebody mentioned a while back that the player version of the kit is heat pressed on but the fan version is embroided.

@Neukolln...
I was thinking that, hope so as I don't mind it otherwise, though that green does remind me of a rather shit period in our history. Also my first years as a Liverpool fan.

Maybe the players have been complaining about their nipples

Status
Not open for further replies.