• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieh10

Nice article on the site about kits.

just out of interest was there much backlash when Shanks introduced the all red kit in the 60s?

prior to that we played in white shorts and socks.

imagine the Nike kit comes out with Red shirt and white shorts/socks because Klopp fancied a change.

you can imagine the backlash to be massive, was this an issue 60 years ago does anybody know?

Gazmaninaus

Do they do this? I knew that they were bad enough, but are they that bad?
Yes they are. They are participating in the Islamic Muslim re training program which of course involves them working without pay for 16 hours+ a day. 7 days a week for Nike and companies like them. Even Apple has decided to move all production to India because it knows a backlash is coming.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Yes they are. They are participating in the Islamic Muslim re training program which of course involves them working without pay for 16 hours+ a day. 7 days a week for Nike and companies like them. Even Apple has decided to move all production to India because it knows a backlash is coming.
Well if this is true, then they are even worse than I thought. Soul- and heartless, profiteering from the suffering of human beings.

As far as I'm concerned, the club won't get a penny from me for shirts, unless they can convince me that the LFC shirts aren't produced that way.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
There is the news article about it:

Seems to suggest it's shoes, but yeah gruesome to say the least.

richieh10

You would think that if you were head of Nike you would want to distance yourself from that shit.

problem is that media will always twist stuff and put a slant on things - as a club we know about this more than most.

richieh10

You would think that if you were head of Nike you would want to distance yourself from that shit.

problem is that media will always twist stuff and put a slant on things - as a club we know about this more than most.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Just go over the stuck on badge with a needle and thread using the correct colours and it should look fine,can't be that difficult and will keep you busy during lock down.
I'd bet you learned how to sew by stitching up your own wounds Rambo style Jonsey. You could probably even sew a severed finger back on without anesthetic if it came to it.

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Nice article on the site about kits.

just out of interest was there much backlash when Shanks introduced the all red kit in the 60s?

prior to that we played in white shorts and socks.

imagine the Nike kit comes out with Red shirt and white shorts/socks because Klopp fancied a change.

you can imagine the backlash to be massive, was this an issue 60 years ago does anybody know?
@Dane do you know, mate?

WestTexasRed1970

TIA Regular
I despise Nike and these kits are just one example (3 examples) of why. They are awful. The home kit is boring and the other two? Sheesh. The only good thing about Nike is the money. But man are the other two bad. If they were done up by Warrior the fume would have melted the internet.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
What does Tell us never mean.

on the site now....£70!

the prices and design not gone down well on twitter. So much for Nike not giving us a template, as much I like the GK top it’s the same as Spurs and Barca’s.

training range is nice.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Never really got the fume about a kit, as long as its red thats about it..

I’m sure all the blerts I’ve seen whining about it on twitter are the ones saying FSG out for not signing Werner..

This is a capitalist football game, you need money to compete and that’s about the long and short of it.

I do like a lot of the other gear though, which we now get 20% from so I’ll do my bit by getting a few jackets.

richieh10

The kit is good.

but it’s a heat pressed badge (although looks embroided on GK shirt)

Dunno if anybody has seen the barca away (or 3rd kit) designed by Nike that has a gold embroided badge - Nike have done a better job with that kit imo

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
The standard kit detail (Nike badge) looks wank compared to the elite edition

The back shot makes the fabric look absolutely shit as well imho...

Last edited:

richieh10

The badge looks embroided there.

I’m so confused.

are they doing that elite shirt and the normal replica (fat bastard) shirt this year

Status
Not open for further replies.