Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

richieh10

Has anybody ever had one of them elite versions of the shirt before?

what’s the major difference other than “that’s the one the players wear”

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I was looking at the price of LFC shirts, wth! £100 for the jersey and another one £70 and a pair of shorts are £60, that is more expensive than a premier league ticket of some clubs. Nike want to fleece the fans. I am really appalled and disappointed.

ETA: I don't even think the designs are all that, very bland and mediocre, the 3rd kit looks like a tea towel. I take my words back and eat humble pie, New Balance are streets ahead in classic design.

won it at-a-turk stadium

TIA Regular Simpsons quoter
ETA: I don't even think the designs are all that, very bland and mediocre, the 3rd kit looks like a tea towel. I take my words back and eat humble pie, New Balance are streets ahead in classic design.
10000%

There is nothing in that collection relatively appealing to me

Maybe the home shirt because its the "first" Nike kit. Other than that its bland

Even the jacket is a bit meh compared to the New Balance designs

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
The kit is good.

but it’s a heat pressed badge (although looks embroided on GK shirt)

Dunno if anybody has seen the barca away (or 3rd kit) designed by Nike that has a gold embroided badge - Nike have done a better job with that kit imo
Anfield Wrap says public sale will be embroiled. The player ones are heatpressed as it’s what they wanted.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
10000%

There is nothing in that collection relatively appealing to me

Maybe the home shirt because its the "first" Nike kit. Other than that its bland

Even the jacket is a bit meh compared to the New Balance designs
Don't you think the price is extortionate or are we paying for the worldwide prestigious tick?
I mean, who designs Nike shirts? I can tell you now, there are some talented local artists and talented school kids who could design better than the Nike guys/girl designers.

sorry, i need to have a moan.

Last edited:

auzziez

Back of a very successful season and with a huge huge fan following, the shirts were always going to sell out soon. No wonder Nike went for a safe bet with a simplistic design. Why would you want to ruin your first impression when there is no need to complicate things.
Expecting them to play around with the design in the next couple of years.

Same goes for the pricing. Why lower the price when you can sell out on a high. Those who are going to buy will buy anyway. The sales from this season should compensate for any dip in the sales when Nike start messing up with the design.

I am fairly pleased with the first team shirts. But the training gears are the ones that have caught my eye. They look fantastic. Looking forward to buying them if and when they are available in Indian stores.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
I was looking at the price of LFC shirts, wth! £100 for the jersey and another one £70 and a pair of shorts are £60, that is more expensive than a premier league ticket of some clubs. Nike want to fleece the fans. I am really appalled and disappointed.
Prices are going up all over the world for everything due to COVID Maria. The world economy took a 12% drop a read yesterday that's a very big drop and yet we want to sign new players, pay them premium salaries. Well, that money can't come alone from TV rights.

In my local here in the Hague the price of a pint went up from 6 euro's to 6.50 that's about 9%, I'm more worried about that. :LOL:

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Don't you think the price is extortionate or are we paying for the worldwide prestigious tick?
I mean, who designs Nike shirts? I can tell you now, there are some talented local artists and talented school kids who could design better than the Nike guys/girl designers.

sorry, i need to have a moan.
Unfortunately it's always been the case,shirts always go up in price,i don't think it's right but if we want to compete on the biggest stage then we have to pay what our rival fans pay,to get revenues into the club and compete with them.

As for this new shirt,i like it personally,it's minimal,clean cut and red,i don't get this dark red arguement,although i liked the NB kits and the dark red for a bit of a change,i don't think not being dark red is a reason for me not to buy the kit,it was never a colour we used in our history,even though i've just read that this new shirt is the same if not darker red as the last NB kit,looking at it first hand.

richieh10

Has anybody ordered yet?

i’m torn between champions 19-20 on the back or champions with the trophy on the back (what the players had on to lift to trophy

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Now that it’s 8/1, these are the advance samples I was given awhile back. Obviously the final version doesn’t have the Club World Cup badge, but everything else is spot on. My badges are embroidered instead of heat press.

I am using my son's photo hosting, not sure if this will show. I am old, folks.