• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC

rab

If you must have it today they'll cost you £70 but give it two weeks and Sports Direct will be selling them for £45. If the price is offensively high, just wait.

As for the marketing bollocks, they all come with them these days. It's the brand's thing not the club's so who really cares.

The shirt is red. It's got a liver bird on the chest and a Premier League Champions patch on the sleeve. And they're giving us a ton of cash for the privilege. Everything else is marketing guff or personal taste.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
The opening letter from Nike... :unsure:

Dear Liverpool,​
Thank You.​
It feels good to finally be together.​
It felt like at times it might never come true, but like you we don't listen to never.​
Like a football club from Liverpool was never meant to boss the world.​
But like us you don't just feed off doubt, you revel in it.​
We know that if it can't be done, it'll happen here.​
Because this is where miracles come for their big night out.​
Where impossible gets a clip round the ear.​
And when you hear never, it's already done.​
Tell Us Never.​
Yours,​
Nike.​

Red Armada

TIA Regular
The opening letter from Nike... :unsure:

Dear Liverpool,​
Thank You.​
It feels good to finally be together.​
It felt like at times it might never come true, but like you we don't listen to never.​
Like a football club from Liverpool was never meant to boss the world.​
But like us you don't just feed off doubt, you revel in it.​
We know that if it can't be done, it'll happen here.​
Because this is where miracles come for their big night out.​
Where impossible gets a clip round the ear.​
And when you hear never, it's already done.​
Tell Us Never.​
Yours,​
Nike.​

Cringeworthy bordering on nauseating. The slogan is bad enough, this is taking the piss.

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
Yeah, you look at them both and it’s shocking, one is almost like a knock off kit.

richieh10

I have to say I’m not impressed with the differences between the players “vapour” shirt and the supporters “stadium” shirt.

seems to be a big difference in quality there. The stadium shirt looks like a fake in comparison

richieh10

I try to ignore all the guff around kit launches, all the slogans.

even the players unboxing the kit although cool in some aspects was a bit cringey in others.
Would have been funny if say Millie just goes

Well it’s not as good as last years is it

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
So Nike went with the "Tell Us Never" and wrote a letter about it.

Not sure who their marketing team are, but how about "Rise Up" - the Liver Bird is back on its perch and this is where we will stay, or "A Sky full of Stars" - the theme to our trophy celebration - and we kick on. Or how about a take on their own slogan:

Dear Liverpool,

Congratulations, you just did it. Thank you, for partnering with us. Now, lets just do it, again.

Yours

Nike.

I actually like marketing slogans - especially if they connect with me. "This means more...." really connected... but this Nike stuff so far aint doing it for me. sadly.

richieh10

Thing which fucks me off with all this right...

I’m 34 years old but still get so excited when we reveal a new kit, announce a new signing etc.

the kit reveal takes me back to 1993/94 when my dad took me to the local sports shop which was in the local indoor market. No “big” sports stores in our town back then.

I really didn’t know too much about football back then but one of my mates in school had this football top. He was the envy of all the kids in my class, the boys at least.

black shirt with big yellow letters across the front

Sharp Viewcam

it was of course the United away kit.

not knowing anything about football but just being a typical kid I wanted that top. I told my dad that day and described the top to him, he took me straight to the market and bought me my first football kit.

It was beautiful. It wasn’t black with yellow detail.

it was this glorious red, with white and green trim, 3 Adidas stripes on each side and
carlsberg written across the front in this lovely wavy font. Where as I don’t remember the exact words my Dad said to me I remember it being along the lines of “this is the shirt for you”.

i remember wearing it and I was
Fowler, Mcmanaman, Rush. I would wear the shirt and straight away I felt I was at one with the players.

of course the years went on and I still passionately wore our shirt, Owen, Gerrard, Torres, Suarez, and the current crop, even though I wasn’t 7 or 8 any more and pretending to be them it gave me great pride to watch from a distance wearing the exact same shirt as my (our) heroes.

It makes me sad a bit that the shirt that is sold to the fans now is something less than what is actually worn by the guys on the pitch - of course unless you’re willing to stump up the extra money to have that.

somewhere along the way something sadly changed I feel.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Originally was going to go for the Vapor kit since I like to buy the "real" versions of apparel (I don't spend a lot of money but I like to treat myself when I do). However, upon seeing that the logos were silkscreened on I went "meh" — it used to be that you could tell a knock-off versus a legit football kit because with knockoffs the logos were often silkscreened on versus embroidered. I get that it's lighter so perhaps can understand why players might want it that way. Either way, the silkscreened logos and the alleged lack of durability didn't justify the extra $30+ versus the Stadium shirt, which is what I eventually went for — someone pointed out that the latter last longer in machine watching. Makes sense considering (at least as far as I'm aware) the players go through at least two kits for each game so it's not like they have to worry about it lasting, whereas we do not (barring exceptional circumstances where someone has a pipeline to the factory line).

In addition to the idea of buying the "authentic" item, I was also thinking I had to get the higher-end kit because I might want to kick around/run/etc. in it. However, at a certain point I went "the pros played around in cotton shirts for decades, I think I'll be fine. :ROFLMAO:"

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Doing simplistic maths here, if we sold half a million shirts this launch day for 100 each, thats 50mil quids and we get 10mil out of it? Like that? Not like post tax, or profits but pure sales?

richieh10

I don’t get these when they open. Sorry to be a pain but I’d like to see the differences. Are you able to post so they can be accessed?

rab

somewhere along the way something sadly changed I feel.
More a case that the requirements for pro athletes have changed as fabrics have changed.

Do fans really need ultra lightweight, breathable fabrics with high wicking properties?

I suspect it's been this way for quite some time and it's only in recent years that the actual player versions have been made available.

richieh10

Ye I know what you mean I just think that there is such a difference between the 2 versions of the shirt, it’s basically a different shirt.

the detailing on the players version looks really nice. The pattern woven into the fabric.

the stadium version just looks (granted i haven’t seen it in the flesh) a bit cheap and plain

richieh10

And if you’re spending that money on something I’d prefer it to be a genuine Liverpool shirt.

not something that just looks a Liverpool shirt.

even the infant kits are £60+ If your kids want their name on the back, which of course they all do - I can’t blame them I did the same when I was a kid.

2 kids = £120+ £70 (or £100) for mine.

The working mans game ey?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
So the site has sold out of Xl keepers tops. Thought Nike wouldn’t have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.