• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieh10

Well the options are we can buy the NikeVapour player and get Mbappe. He comes with more detail, press on badge and press on Nike Swoosh.

or we can go for the Nike Stadium version and get Troy Deeney. Sort of looks the similar, embroided badge and Nike tick. same quality? Questionable...

richieh10

Were the other sizes sold out?

If they are only selling small that would be a niche market given the real kits are tighter than usual
I’ve wondered about the fitting of the players version shirt.

according to the size guide on the website the sizing date the same.... I doubt that to be thecase tho. The players version looks more fitted.
Anybody have any experience if this?

Obanite

Full time coo
Don’t have anything particularly positive to say about a multinational corporation like Nike - or their sickly attempts to get pats on the back from locals.

But the new kit is dead nice. Slick, nice colouring. Don’t get the hate from some quarters.

richieh10

New stock of the Vapor shirt is expected on Thursday 6th August, according to the Nike website.

Would have been Christmas under New Balance, if at all.
i think you’re being a bit harsh on NB.

they sold out of the kit and got hammered... Nike have done the same and it’s all fine and dandy.

fact of the matter is for them to sell out in 12 hours shows that they’ve already drastically under estimated the force that is LFC

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
i think you’re being a bit harsh on NB.

they sold out of the kit and got hammered... Nike have done the same and it’s all fine and dandy.

fact of the matter is for them to sell out in 12 hours shows that they’ve already drastically under estimated the force that is LFC
Estimated by using the figures on past demand.... collated by NB and prejudiced by the availability to meet demand under NB. Nike will have more available within a week it really did used to take NB months before more would become available, which would then promptly sell out quickly again and be unavailable for months again.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Were the other sizes sold out?

If they are only selling small that would be a niche market given the real kits are tighter than usual

Yeah i wasn't really thinking about it at the time,i just assumed that because it was first day of the sale,it was also a pre-order,you should have been able to order all sizes of the Vapor shirt,not just the "Small" size that was left on offer after selling out,when the Stadium shirt had S,M,L,XL,XXL,XXXL,XXXXL still on offer.

By taking away all sizes sold out,they've lost sales,if they just kept them up,had people still pre-order the sold out sizes,they could have just emailed the customer and said there would be a delay,they'd also have a better knowledge of the number of shirts they need to make to keep up with demand.

Last edited:

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
What’s the fit like versus last years NB kit? Tighter, looser or same?
I'd imagine the Vapor kit will be a tight fit or i should say form fitting,if the Vapor material is anything like the shoes,then it's like a woven elasticated,stretchy fabric that'll kling to your frame.

The Stadium shirt looks a bit looser (although i haven't worn either yet,just judging by the photos).It looks like a Nike fabric,which in my opinion tends to be good quality,from previous clothing i've bought from them,i don't understand the quality issues some seem to have,that think it looks like a knock off in comparisson to the Elite Vapor shirt.

Tbh you can't please everyone all the time,i remember quite a few people slaughtering Warrior and NB when they first come into the club,cos they weren't big enough or a Nike or Adidas.I know most people don't like change but give it time and i can see Nike getting more things right over time,same as NB did.

Last edited:

rab

And if you’re spending that money on something I’d prefer it to be a genuine Liverpool shirt.

not something that just looks a Liverpool shirt.

even the infant kits are £60+ If your kids want their name on the back, which of course they all do - I can’t blame them I did the same when I was a kid.

2 kids = £120+ £70 (or £100) for mine.

The working mans game ey?
And yet we're all happy to take their £60-£70m a year for them to make our kit.

It's an extortionate amount of money for a football top. But tickets are extortionate and so is everything else in football. Would be great to see the club make a stand but then we'd all be up in arms when the money isn't there for the next transfer target.

RodM

I'd imagine the Vapor kit will be a tight fit or i should say form fitting,if the Vapor material is anything like the shoes,then it's like a woven elasticated,stretchy fabric that'll kling to your frame.
It sounds like a modern Rugby shirt. It's interesting if they are doing a players' shirt for technical reasons and a fans' shirt as a fashion item. I wonder whether consideration was made for the exact colour? I'm always reminded of that Shankly quote where he describes the psychological impact of switching to an all red kit.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Hmmm...think I’m going to wait then for the Vapor to come back in stock! I’m a smaller guy and the NB Elite jersey fit perfect on me!

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Found the pricing from Nike Canada site:

Vapour (Men) - Slim Fit....definitely not good for anyone with a beer gut (I guess it's so named because you should only inhale the alcohol, not drinking it so to stay a bit slimmer. :sneaky::giggle:):
$200 :eek: :cry::mad:
Stadium (Men) - Regular Fit...good for beer drinking footy fans, still would not look that great with beer gut, but not as bad as vapour.
$110 (a bit more acceptable than ordering from LFC Store), still $10 more than NB top.​

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
It sounds like a modern Rugby shirt. It's interesting if they are doing a players' shirt for technical reasons and a fans' shirt as a fashion item. I wonder whether consideration was made for the exact colour? I'm always reminded of that Shankly quote where he describes the psychological impact of switching to an all red kit.

I think Nike have said they wanted to go back to the original red (for style and a new start under them i guess) and the players wanted the logo's heat pressed,not stitched on the matchday shirts.At a guess i'd say the Elite Vapor shirt for the players is for technical reasons,light and breathable with some kind of anti-sweat system in it to stop it getting soaking wet and heavy,like other sports shirts in the recent past are designed to do.For that reason it's probably why it's £100 because this material is more expensive,so if you want to wear the real thing,you have to pay for it but thats always been the case in the past aswell,every other club wearing Nike kits this season are in the same boat,with 2 types of shirt,it's not just us.

The Stadium shirt is obviously using a different material but i wouldn't say it's a bad thing,it's a way of lowering cost and letting the masses get hold of the shirt,if they didn't make this one then how many people would pay the £100.In saying that though,i got this one (as the vapor was sold out) and with the name,number and badges on it,it still cost me £99.It's a lot of money but the way i look at it is,i'll probably not make it to Anfield this year,so what ever money i spend on shirts,atleast i'm supporting the club financially in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.