• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieh10

Have to say, having watched the players unboxing their Nike shirts and paid more attention to it, there is SO much more detail on the shirt compared to the “stadium” version.

I’m a bit pissed off by it to be honest just HOW different they are.

I’ve always thought the main differences between the “players” and “supporters“ version was that the players version was fitted, (they’re athletes after all) and little features like the fabric being all advanced, moving sweat away from the body (and all that bollocks) and things like the badge being heat pressed instead of woven as it’s lighters etc.

having completely different patterns and designs of the shirt is complete bullshit if you ask me.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Have to say, having watched the players unboxing their Nike shirts and paid more attention to it, there is SO much more detail on the shirt compared to the “stadium” version.

I’m a bit pissed off by it to be honest just HOW different they are.

I’ve always thought the main differences between the “players” and “supporters“ version was that the players version was fitted, (they’re athletes after all) and little features like the fabric being all advanced, moving sweat away from the body (and all that bollocks) and things like the badge being heat pressed instead of woven as it’s lighters etc.

having completely different patterns and designs of the shirt is complete bullshit if you ask me.

Mate that pattern and design in the Vapor shirt,is the air holes and woven Vapor fabric,unless they printed that design on a normal stadium shirt (which would bump up the cost,adding an extra process to making the shirt),there's no way you can get both shirts looking identical.

The reason there are 2 differnet shirts is because of material costs, you buy a pair of Nike VaporMax trainers and you're paying £180 a pair,to make those trainers they use about the equivolent of about 2 sleeves of this new shirts worth of Nike Vapor Material.Plus how many people are going to pay £100 a shirt for the real thing,when theres also an option for £70,especially if you have to buy for kids aswell.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Mate that pattern and design in the Vapor shirt,is the air holes and woven Vapor fabric,unless they printed that design on a normal stadium shirt (which would bump up the cost,adding an extra process to making the shirt),there's no way you can get both shirts looking identical.

The reason there are 2 differnet shirts is because of material costs, you buy a pair of Nike VaporMax trainers and you're paying £180 a pair,to make those trainers they use about the equivolent of about 2 sleeves of this new shirts worth of Nike Vapor Material.Plus how many people are going to pay £100 a shirt for the real thing,when theres also an option for £70,especially if you have to buy for kids aswell.
It's also a lot more forgiving for the regular match going tubber.. It's designed to be used for actual sports, not sat eating a pie..

richieh10

i can appreciate your point however when Nike are paying what - less than a tenner to make each shirt I find it a bit of a piss take to charge £70 for what is basically a knock off version of “thee shirt”. But if you want the real McCoy then its £100.

don’t get me wrong, I’m probably not going to buy the £100 version (which is the nicer version of the 2) and therefore spending £70 on the lesser version is a probably a no go as well.

things may change when I see the shirts in the flesh however the idea isn’t floating my boat at the moment.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
You still cant buy a lot of the kit on the offal site - been over 24 hours.
Not moaning but I thought this is why we went Nike.

Zoran

The fleur-de-lis is a bit odd to see on a Liverpool FC... anything. I'd expect more to see that on a Real Madrid or Celtic badge.

The other bit is about the place where Shanks (and the other on the right Paisley's?) is from, right? Or something related to Scotland overall. Correct/teach me if I'm wrong.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
The fleur-de-lis is a bit odd to see on a Liverpool FC... anything. I'd expect more to see that on a Real Madrid or Celtic badge.

The other bit is about the place where Shanks (and the other on the right Paisley's?) is from, right? Or something related to Scotland overall. Correct/teach me if I'm wrong.
...Or New Orleans! :)

CymruRed

Ad-free Member

It's also a catholic religious symbol for the Holy Trinity,maybe it's a sign on the gates to welcome people to worship LFC,instead of the father,the son and the holy spirit,Anfield,Shankly and Paisley??

richieh10

Aren’t the emblems in the circles under the Liverbird in the centre the cross of St. Andrew (the Scottish flag) and a thistle which is the flower of Scotland?

i always assumed that’s what it was

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member

anyone bought one of these - they look snug - reckon I’d need a size up and XL??
I’m not fat but wide due to going gym. I think a Large would be skin tight and end up making look like a saveloy.

[email protected]

You still cant buy a lot of the kit on the offal site - been over 24 hours.
Not moaning but I thought this is why we went Nike.
Fans 'Nike are slave driving bastards'. Also fans, 'Bastards can't keep up with demand'. I don't think any kit manufacturer is ever going to make all of our fans happy at the same time.

To get to your comment, it's not the selling out that was NB's problem but getting stock levels back up. Nike will have it back in few more days, NB would have taken months and given that a large proportion of the benefit of our new contract is sales performance I'd say Nike is right on track to give us bumper revenues.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Fans 'Nike are slave driving bastards'. Also fans, 'Bastards can't keep up with demand'. I don't think any kit manufacturer is ever going to make all of our fans happy at the same time.

To get to your comment, it's not the selling out that was NB's problem but getting stock levels back up. Nike will have it back in few more days, NB would have taken months and given that a large proportion of the benefit of our new contract is sales performance I'd say Nike is right on track to give us bumper revenues.
New stock tomorrow....

big noyd

it's cynical corporate bullshit, ultimately

but i can't lie, that promo video is superb

if the liverpool edition air max i saw when they gave away the free shirt to the bloke in the psg kit is going to be available to the public, i might have to get involved

richieh10

it's cynical corporate bullshit, ultimately

but i can't lie, that promo video is superb

if the liverpool edition air max i saw when they gave away the free shirt to the bloke in the psg kit is going to be available to the public, i might have to get involved
What was that?

richieh10

By the way the kit officially goes on sale today.

i would imagine the club shop to be mental.

anybody in the queue to take some photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.