• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

big noyd

i grew up playing basketball and i remember the shooting guard sitting in front of me in spanish class and having an eastbay catalog inside his notebook opened to the basketball sneakers. i was never as much into it as them (their moms would get them the new jordans for $150, i knew better than to even ask), but it was a part of the culture

i'm now on the other end of the cultural disconnect i felt when i was flipping through channels and realized there wasn't a live english-language broadcast of champions league march madness, i guess

of course torres was a nike athlete with a great commercial in liverpool a decade ago, maybe people just pronounce an evil corporation's name differently in different parts of the world

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
The away training gear is rank. Its a washed out nothing colour.
Hopefully the 3rd kit training gear will be better.

WilfredBraha

Do they not sell "Vapor" versions of the keeper kits?

Not that I'm considering the "Vapor" shirt... just an observation because of the massive quality difference between the player shirts

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
.....is it wrong that every shirt being unique actually makes me warm to it a bit? In all fairness it does seem popular amongst lots of groups. Young, female, different ethnic backgrounds, different sexual orientations etc I'm hearing a lot of positive thoughts on it. As an old, fat, straight, white, male it doesn't look that nice to me but it'll probably enter into a guilty pleasure category for me. Many of our more "horrendous" away and 3rd kits under NB/Warrior I later found myself liking and wanting to wear with jeans more as a fashion thing, the 2013/14 & 2014/15 3rd kits in particular. So maybe this one when it grows on me a bit more might be the same. Out on the pitch couldn't take to those other two and doubt I'll warm to this one. As a t-shirt to wear out and about that happens to have an LFC tie in built into it? Maybe. Probably says more about my horrific fashion sense than anything else though.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think it’s alright as well. Never really understand the fume about kits.

As long as it isn’t blue, I’m alright.
I've got the replica they did of our original shirt from couple of years ago and to me its blue and white. I'm fine with blue its in our history and we are above that other side to the extent I don't care about them and their attempts to own a colour.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I've got the replica they did of our original shirt from couple of years ago and to me its blue and white. I'm fine with blue its in our history and we are above that other side to the extent I don't care about them and their attempts to own a colour.
It was basically the Blackburn shirt wasn’t it?

Hope in your heart

Admin
I think it’s alright as well. Never really understand the fume about kits.

As long as it isn’t blue, I’m alright.
Err... the away kit is blue, mate. With a bit of green, but the blue is predominant. Can't believe that we will have to endure this shit for almost every other game.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Err... the away kit is blue, mate. With a bit of green, but the blue is predominant. Can't believe that we will have to endure this shit for almost every other game.
Teal, more green than blue, the colour of the Liver Birds so an integral factor of our identity. Not that I'd have gone for it as a kit colour but we've had blues that are more blue than that in kits before.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Seen a load of players training in new Nike vests. Anyone know why these aren't for sale? I hate vests but could look good down the gym.

Hope in your heart

Admin
I think it’s clearly green. Turquoise at most. Is this one of those weird perception things?
Yeah, fair enough, turquoise. But when I look at the shirt in the whole, it comes across as blue for me. Probably a perception thing as you say...

Anyway, blue or green, it's shite. Did I state this already? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.