• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Yeah, fair enough, turquoise. But when I look at the shirt in the whole, it comes across as blue for me. Probably a perception thing as you say...

Anyway, blue or green, it's shite. Did I state this already? ;)
I'm not a fan either but I suspect it's going to be one of those that grow on me. I'll probably become increasingly fond of it, hopefully after visits to Old Trafford and the Emirates. I can't see us wearing it against City at the Emptihad as it's not enough of a contrast.

I do like the fact that every shirt is unique.

rab

We wore last season's 'away' shirt just 5 times in the league and I thought that was one of the nicest we've had in recent memory.

I wouldn't get too worried about seeing this too often.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Well it looks really good in the rain with the teal looking really dark green almost black and the red looking crimson or maroon. Can we just arrange for it to be raining every time we play?

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Can anybody tell me why there’s a Liverpool Nike vapour top that’s £100. What’s the vapour all about that makes it so expensive?
This link will pretty much tell you the reasons behind the 2 different shirt types.

richieh10

This link will pretty much tell you the reasons behind the 2 different shirt types.

so in a nutshell - a vapourkit has the science to do with removing sweat from the body etc etc and is a good garment for doing physical activity in.

the stadium shirt is more of a shirt for wearing to games or down the pub when a game is in.

I’d be happy with that if the shirts actually looked the same.

look at the pictures of the shirts from behind and there are noticeable differences.

I’m ok with the fabric being different because of the need for athletes to be comfortable whilst sweating and to help performances but fuck me does the design of the garment really need to be that different???

MinniMo

If this thread has told me one thing, it's that the experts are correct - men are more colour blind than women.

The shirt is Turquoise, a colour in it's own right, same as Orange or Green are - both made from mixing colours together.

It is neither blue or green, it's turquoise, and it's beautiful because it's ours - - end of.

richieh10

Stop your whining, Richie! Just buy the damn thing!
i actually saw the shirt today in the flesh for the first time.

only the stadium version and my thoughts are even though it’s nice I was underwhelmed by how plain it was.

i think I prefer the detail on Vapour Shirt so I’ll decide when I see that in the flesh.

I’m not sure I’ve been whining - I’ve been in favour of both the home, away and if the rumours of the 3rd are true then that too.

just observations about the 2 versions of the kit

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
so in a nutshell - a vapourkit has the science to do with removing sweat from the body etc etc and is a good garment for doing physical activity in.

the stadium shirt is more of a shirt for wearing to games or down the pub when a game is in.

look at the pictures of the shirts from behind and there are noticeable differences.

I’m ok with the fabric being different because of the need for athletes to be comfortable whilst sweating and to help performances but fuck me does the design of the garment really need to be that different???
True, stadium version looks cheap compared to vapour. NB also had two different versions but they actually looked the same.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member

4 years ago when that article was written these Vapor shirts were for players only,they weren't made for general sale to fans so to be given the chance to own one now is a bonus,a pretty expensive one i agree but they aren't made to be mass produced like your normal kit because of the material costs and the general public not wanting to pay the £100 for it.

The Stadium shirt fabric is the same quality of football shirt if not better,than any other kit you've bought in your life time,so there is no quality issue in the less costing shirt,it's just as good as last seasons NB if not better.If this Vapor Kit wasn't made there would be no quality issue.

Apart from the badges not being stitched and the Vapor material design in the fabric,the designs are identical (apart from the Stadium shirt having a semi circle stitched on the back of the neck,which holds the size,country and nike logo on the inside) but like i said before,the Vapor mesh material has a pattern to it that you'd never be able to replicate on the Stadium shirt,unless you added another process to the shirt manufacturing which would probably bump up the £70 cost to about £80-90 for the normal shirt.

I still don't really understand what you want or expect from Nike or these kits,even after having all the information at hand,at the end of the day you can't have 2 totally different materials that look different,look identical and have 2 different costing materials where one is expensive and the other cheaper,yet pay the same for both.

richieh10

As I’ve stated I’m more than happy with the Nike shirts.They are nice.

i saw the stadium shirt today, and whereas
I didn’t try it on, just had a touch of it I certainly wasn’t disappointed by it - I wouldn’t say it was anything special however as you’ve mentioned.Maybe you are referring to it being worn.

my point however is that whereas I can understand different fabrics being used, I think they could have designed the shirt in the same way.

your point about the semi circle on the back.... there is no need for it on the vapour shirt, so I don’t see the need for it on the stadium shirt.

I’ve not seen the vapour shirt but from photos the pattern on the front looks raised and textured compared to other parts of the kit. Im not even saying that would need to be on the cheaper kit, it could however be designed using shading onto the stadium shirt, even if the textured feel to it isn’t used.

but please understand. I love Nike and what they‘ve done for our kits. (Look back at my previous posts) just disappointed at that one aspect of it.

It’s not a big deal but would love to see the both kits next to each other in the flesh and try them
On before deciding which one to buy.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
As I’ve stated I’m more than happy with the Nike shirts.They are nice.

i saw the stadium shirt today, and whereas
I didn’t try it on, just had a touch of it I certainly wasn’t disappointed by it - I wouldn’t say it was anything special however as you’ve mentioned.Maybe you are referring to it being worn.
The Stadium fabric may not be anything special but it's on par or better than any other football shirt thats been produced in the past,on a similar level to all the other mass produced football shirts that everyone normaly buys,the reason the Vapor shirt maybe better is for it's scientific fabric qualities and built for top elite players not for fans.

my point however is that whereas I can understand different fabrics being used, I think they could have designed the shirt in the same way.
The design of both shirts are identical mate,collar,sleeves,badges,stripes,sponsors they are all in the same place,it's not the design thats not the same,it's only the Fabric and logo's.

your point about the semi circle on the back.... there is no need for it on the vapour shirt, so I don’t see the need for it on the stadium shirt.
C'mon mate,you seriously can't be that picky,where a tiny semi-circle of stitching on the back of the Stadium shirt collar,makes or breaks a shirt???

I’ve not seen the vapour shirt but from photos the pattern on the front looks raised and textured compared to other parts of the kit. Im not even saying that would need to be on the cheaper kit, it could however be designed using shading onto the stadium shirt, even if the textured feel to it isn’t used.
The pattern you're seeing is the Vaporknit Fabric technology mate,its a raised textured mesh that can't just be replicated on a Stadium shirt for free, you'd need to print it on or have some kind of pattern to look like VaporKnit made into the fabric itself,which will add another process to the Stadium shirt and bump the price up to achieve the look.So it wouldn't really be cost effective for Nike or fans,they might aswell be done with the Stadium shirt and just sell £100 Vapors but price people out of buying a shirt altogether.

but please understand. I love Nike and what they‘ve done for our kits. (Look back at my previous posts) just disappointed at that one aspect of it.

It’s not a big deal but would love to see the both kits next to each other in the flesh and try them
On before deciding which one to buy.
On one hand you have the Elite top scientific shirt made for players only,with a high cost and on the other hand you have a top quality normal football shirt made for fans at a lesser more affordable cost.I understand what you're saying in a way but unfortunately you can't make 2 different looking shirt Fabrics look identical,without incurring an added cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.