• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
I take that on board.

PS - calling a £70 football shirt “the affordable one” is quite funny
Well i'd say £70 is more affordable than £100 but i don't set the price and i'd say Nike have a better view of the market than myself,last seasons NB wasn't far short of £70 either,infact they also had a £99 Elite shirt,which didn't really look any different either,which in some ways i'd be pissed off at,cos if i spent an extra £30+ on a shirt,i'd want it to stand the fuck out and look slightly different lol

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
I’m ok with the fabric being different because of the need for athletes to be comfortable whilst sweating and to help performances but fuck me does the design of the garment really need to be that different???
The one aspect of the "design" that did bother me was the fact that Stadium shirts have embroidered logos while Vapor has heat-pressed. While I do think embroidery is classier, I think equally there should be consistency in all kits. It's barely noticeable, and wasn't enough to prevent me from buying the "affordable" (lol) version but a minor gripe nonetheless.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
The one aspect of the "design" that did bother me was the fact that Stadium shirts have embroidered logos while Vapor has heat-pressed. While I do think embroidery is classier, I think equally there should be consistency in all kits. It's barely noticeable, and wasn't enough to prevent me from buying the "affordable" (lol) version but a minor gripe nonetheless.
See for me its one thing that blatantly differentiates who the shirts are for. The heat pressed badge, no matter how well done, just always seems like a cheap, naff, option that will eventually peel off with repeated wear/washing. But the players don't wear these shirts over and over and they supposedly feel slightly better than embroided badges which last forever despite repeated wear and washing and are much better for fans.

Zoran

After seeing it in two matches, not a fan of those two lazy stripes on the sides of the shirt and shorts. It's a solid shirt, but I'll look forward (or hope!) for better ones next season. Perhaps they wanted to enter in this story with a few fresh details. Maybe after a year or two they go back to something more traditional for us.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
The cap/hat by Nike with the mesh back half worn by the boss and Hendo looks really cheap, when compared with the quality one from NB.

In terms of the white strip on the side, like many others, I like the kit more without it (just like the NB 2017/18 kit, how I wished I bought one), but I am still fine with it (think of it more like a Puma brand). I am actually having more "difficulty" in getting used to the back of the collar (thicker white bits than the front, and the V).

I have not decided whether to pick one up yet (bought 1 each from the past 2 years)....and if I am going to get one, whether I have Hendo's # again, or someone else.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
After seeing it in two matches, not a fan of those two lazy stripes on the sides of the shirt and shorts. It's a solid shirt, but I'll look forward (or hope!) for better ones next season. Perhaps they wanted to enter in this story with a few fresh details. Maybe after a year or two they go back to something more traditional for us.
Couldn't agree more with you. I made that remark in the pre-season thread already, these stripes move the outfit from our usual all-red to a red-and-white one. I know that there have been outfits before which included white, but I for one have always preferred the ones with red only. That's something NB did really well during their time with us btw.

richieh10

The cap/hat by Nike with the mesh back half worn by the boss and Hendo looks really cheap, when compared with the quality one from NB.

In terms of the white strip on the side, like many others, I like the kit more without it (just like the NB 2017/18 kit, how I wished I bought one), but I am still fine with it (think of it more like a Puma brand). I am actually having more "difficulty" in getting used to the back of the collar (thicker white bits than the front, and the V).

I have not decided whether to pick one up yet (bought 1 each from the past 2 years)....and if I am going to get one, whether I have Hendo's # again, or someone else.
Check out the 49 brand hats.

much better

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Can anybody tell me how long the vapourknits have been sold out? Is Nike unable to produce what we said NB was struggling to keep up with?
It’s not even listed on our website and Nike only has size small in men’s. Wtf

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Can anybody tell me how long the vapourknits have been sold out? Is Nike unable to produce what we said NB was struggling to keep up with?
I think the 6th of August was a quick relisting of it online but since then it's been exactly how you've seen it.I think some of the reasons for a lack of online stock is down to stocking quite a few shops world wide with it,aswell as selling a lot quicker than what they actually planned for.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
We should not forget that Nike is probably just as affected by Covid as most other companies all over the world, distance and hygiene rules in production, delayed delivery times etc. So, imo, it is pretty unfair to compare them with New Balance in pre Covid times.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
For those picked up this year's kit with the Premier League Champions Patch, is it on both sleeves, or just on one side? If there is only one, which side is it on?

The reason I asked is because on the official LFC store, the picture showed patches on both sleeves. On Subside Sports (which I probably do not have to deal with DHL highway robbery), the patch is only on the right sleeve.

Much appreciated!

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
For those picked up this year's kit with the Premier League Champions Patch, is it on both sleeves, or just on one side? If there is only one, which side is it on?

The reason I asked is because on the official LFC store, the picture showed patches on both sleeves. On Subside Sports (which I probably do not have to deal with DHL highway robbery), the patch is only on the right sleeve.

Much appreciated!
I bought mine from the official club shop and paid for the World Club winners badge (center of your chest) and the Premier League Champions badge and they are on both sleeves.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I bought mine from the official club shop and paid for the World Club winners badge (center of your chest) and the Premier League Champions badge and they are on both sleeves.
Thanks!
I have posted the question to a local store in Toronto (L&M Taylor Soccer) and see if they also provide the patches.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Status
Not open for further replies.