• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Nike kits for the win (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

And that’s why I won’t be buying any Nike Liverpool stuff. Clearly not this season.

Maybe when they decide to create something special, something worthy of this club.
Not surprised at all. They are frauds, and prove that once again. I'm like you and won't buy anything from them, but not only this season, and not only for that reason.

Edit: I realise that this stance will directly harm the club, especially given the strange deal they made with them (they obviously never heard of the saying that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush). But then again, the error to pair up with Nike is up to them. Now they have to live with that, and some fans like me won't touch these shirts with a bargepole.

Last edited:

richieh10

They sold out of the kit within something stupid like 3 hours of it going on sale.

the majority of people, me included couldn’t give a fuck about the template, every brand does it. If it’s got a Liverbird on it, that’s all that matters

rab

And that’s why I won’t be buying any Nike Liverpool stuff. Clearly not this season.

Maybe when they decide to create something special, something worthy of this club.
Last season's NB goalkeeper shirt was the same template used for Celtic's. In fact they used the same base template for the outfield shirts too.

Most manufacturers do it. Not sure it's worth getting worked up about.

[email protected]

Last season's NB goalkeeper shirt was the same template used for Celtic's. In fact they used the same base template for the outfield shirts too.

Most manufacturers do it. Not sure it's worth getting worked up about.
Apparently it is when it's Liverpool and Nike but not Liverpool and New Balance. There are literally had hundreds of professional football teams out there and they all have to have a shirt which at the end of the day, let's face it, are always going to have a lot in common because, well, it's a shirt.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Apparently it is when it's Liverpool and Nike but not Liverpool and New Balance. There are literally had hundreds of professional football teams out there and they all have to have a shirt which at the end of the day, let's face it, are always going to have a lot in common because, well, it's a shirt.
That is not the issue. It's about a senior director lying straight in the face of everyone by saying that they'd create a unique template for this club, and then doing the exact contrary. That's Nike for you.

richieh10

Maybe we should cancel the contract with them, turn down the multi millions the contract is worth as well as try some how to take back the global exposure that Nike has so far managed brilliantly.

we’d prob have to sell Salah, VVD, Mane, Trent, Bobby and Ali just to start with, Gini, Robbo, Gomez, Milner and Hendo too. We don’t need those, but fuck me we seriously need to get that original template so by any means possible let’s get that one over the line

but apparently there are some pretty decent players in the national league and league 2 we can bring on to replace them.

they’ll look great in that brand thats similar to Adidas but has 5 stripes instead of 3. We’ll get relegated but at least nobody in the world would have a shirt that has the same pattern as ours.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Everyone who has already received their stadium jersey, would you say it’s a little tighter than NB (not their elite) jersey last year? Just making sure I get the right fit for $100!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
That is not the issue. It's about a senior director lying straight in the face of everyone by saying that they'd create a unique template for this club, and then doing the exact contrary. That's Nike for you.
Well what was actually said was;

"We're ditching the templates. For the 2020 kits, Nike designers had 65 chassis options available to them across varying necklines, sleeves, cuffs, badge placement, etc. From hand-drawn prints to custom fonts, each team’s look will be its own."

Now you can stop reading after the first 4 words if you like and have a strop over it. Or you can see that with 65 'chassis' options and most of them probably considered more "outfield" looking than keeper style there was always a chance of another prominent Nike supplied kit using the same one. Add that yellow is an incredibly common choice for keeper tops and it was always a possibility.

richieh10

Problem is right.

If Nike have 65 Chassis, which I’m guessing is Nike talk for designs, they’ll have a process where they present those concept kits to the club.

i have no idea how many clubs Nike are the kit supplier for in world football, but at a guess let’s say 1000.

of the 65 designs they put to clubs, we may have said a firm no to 60 of those designs, leaving Nike to play with 5 designs. Now imagine that process happening for the majority of those clubs...

there is always going to be cross over

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Problem is right.

If Nike have 65 Chassis, which I’m guessing is Nike talk for designs, they’ll have a process where they present those concept kits to the club.

i have no idea how many clubs Nike are the kit supplier for in world football, but at a guess let’s say 1000.

of the 65 designs they put to clubs, we may have said a firm no to 60 of those designs, leaving Nike to play with 5 designs. Now imagine that process happening for the majority of those clubs...

there is always going to be cross over
I think if NB had as many teams as Nike, then we would have the same "issue" of kit clones.

One of my favourite LFC kits was with Adidas that had the 3 stripes on top right of shirt and then at bottom of shorts - could be the 92 season, there was a green away shirt. I remember seeing exactly the same shirt design in different colours for another European team but wasn't that fussed about it.

The same is true of current Adidas shirts - there are teams that have the same design etc. Its because both Adidas and Nike will have that many more teams, the cloning becomes more obvious. Not so much with the likes of say NB or PUMA etc..

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think if NB had as many teams as Nike, then we would have the same "issue" of kit clones.

One of my favourite LFC kits was with Adidas that had the 3 stripes on top right of shirt and then at bottom of shorts - could be the 92 season, there was a green away shirt. I remember seeing exactly the same shirt design in different colours for another European team but wasn't that fussed about it.

The same is true of current Adidas shirts - there are teams that have the same design etc. Its because both Adidas and Nike will have that many more teams, the cloning becomes more obvious. Not so much with the likes of say NB or PUMA etc..
Rab pointed it out above, it still happened under NB just for some reason people are only angry about it under Nike. Nike have given us a truly unique away kit that even then no 2 shirts are identical due to the patterns and the same people are angry about that as it doesn't look enough like a football kit. Well football kits aren't very imaginative and there will always be ones that look like other ones due to that.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member

I liked those kits,i had the red home and green away 3 stripe kits,i also really liked the exact same set up but in baby blue stripes and white on the Marseille kit.

I noticed a team playing in the MLS (i think) the other day and those 3 shoulder stripe kits have made a comeback,i can't remember which team it was.

EDIT: A quick check and Orlando,Dallas,Columbus,Miami and New York all have the 3 shoulder stripe kits.

Last edited:

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
As I found a local store, L&M Taylor Soccer, which will get the player's name and number, plus PL Champions shoulder patches, after a short debate in my head, I decided to get this year's kit. This is way better than paying the ripped off exchange rates, shipping & handling, and custom fees when I ordered from UK or US.

So, this morning, I went to the store. The staffs were very friendly. I checked out the sizes (unfortunately, the store does not have the home kit in Vapor). I am not slim by any means, but I do not have a pot belly neither. Large size kit fitted without any issue (I also had NB large size from last year).

I bought the kit on the spot. After another short debate in my head (yeah, a lot of talking to myself :LOL: ), I have decided to go with Hendo's name and number again, instead of TAA (may be in a couple of more years time). However, I will have to wait for the store to order player name & number, which will take 2-3 weeks. I will have the patches pressed on at the same time. Unfortunately, the store does not have the FIFA WCC gold patch for the front.

Comparing the NB kit from the last 2 years with this new Nike Stadium kit, IMHO, the NB material and overall craftsmanship is a grade or two better than the Nike kit. However, the strips on the side are actually different colour material and stitched on, rather than printed. That is a big plus in my view.

I am really looking forward to wearing the new kit for the new season (and also in 2-3 weeks time to get Hendo on the back of the kit, with the PL Champs on the sleeves).

FYI: The version of my home kit is made in Georgia.

richieh10

This is what happens when Pogba and Lingard have a “creative control” clause in their contracts.

yikes

Hope in your heart

Admin
Time to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.