• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Now that they BELIEVE us, WHEN will we win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Is there any way of posting what's in the article. For some reason links to newspapers don't load on my devices.
Here is the full text.

I know it won’t be a popular opinion, especially on Merseyside, but the league season has to be declared void. It should go into the record books as an incomplete season with no overall winner.

Liverpool have run away with the league. But they have not won it yet. As you might say to your wife after having an affair during her cancer treatment, life isn’t fair.

You can’t start awarding trophies for incomplete seasons. It’s the kind of logic you’d expect from a woman or a gay.

What would happen if the league was only three games in? Would we still give Liverpool the title? Of course not. We should not play down how incredible Liverpool have been but their recent wobble, having dropped a massive three points, shows a 25 point lead can dissolve as quickly as a relationship with a daughter when you’ve shagged her best friend.

These are difficult times. But we have to remember this is just football. Like blaming your own marital indiscretions on your daughters alcoholism, it isn’t the most important thing to be concerned about now.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I said to a friend today, lets got to a bar of the 19th when we would have beat palace to win the league, sit in front off the TV, cheer twice, then go crazy after 90 mins to simulate winning the league... but then all bars got closed down today where I live.... Its like Xmas being postponed until Easter (or when father want into the garden, I heard a gun shot, and he said Xmas was cancelled because he shot Santa) , Im digressing...

Richard Keys article- its not the fact he wants to void the league but his comparisons to sexual acts thats worrying... not not worrying, I mean it makes me think he is a utter tosspot.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I said to a friend today, lets got to a bar of the 19th when we would have beat palace to win the league, sit in front off the TV, cheer twice, then go crazy after 90 mins to simulate winning the league... but then all bars got closed down today where I live.... Its like Xmas being postponed until Easter (or when father want into the garden, I heard a gun shot, and he said Xmas was cancelled because he shot Santa) , Im digressing...

Richard Keys article- its not the fact he wants to void the league but his comparisons to sexual acts thats worrying... not not worrying, I mean it makes me think he is a utter tosspot.

@Mascot88 I think @geebo took your post literally. :eek:

Here is the full text.

I know it won’t be a popular opinion, especially on Merseyside, but the league season has to be declared void. It should go into the record books as an incomplete season with no overall winner.

Liverpool have run away with the league. But they have not won it yet. As you might say to your wife after having an affair during her cancer treatment, life isn’t fair.

You can’t start awarding trophies for incomplete seasons. It’s the kind of logic you’d expect from a woman or a gay.

What would happen if the league was only three games in? Would we still give Liverpool the title? Of course not. We should not play down how incredible Liverpool have been but their recent wobble, having dropped a massive three points, shows a 25 point lead can dissolve as quickly as a relationship with a daughter when you’ve shagged her best friend.

These are difficult times. But we have to remember this is just football. Like blaming your own marital indiscretions on your daughters alcoholism, it isn’t the most important thing to be concerned about now.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Here is the full text.

The highlighted bit... wtf...

richieh10

This season has been fucking bonkers.

to think 3 weeks ago I was worried that winning the league at a canter would be an anti climax.
Then with the season in major doubt, today’s news has made sure that when it does happen I am going to go extra fucking bonkers!

just hope fans are in the stadium to see it happen

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
This season has thrown up some amazing highs for me, the two trophies, and the ever widening gap we've created between us and City culminating in an almost certain Premier league title win.

But now, I'm just meh.

BigJon

My Father taught me that when the ice Cream van was playing music it meant that they had run out of Ice Creams so dont bother them.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I think it’s going to be in front of empty seats now.
I'd take that right now - just get the league finished.

I have a feeling that all the European domestic leagues will be behind closed doors. And they might just cancel the champions league and europa altogether for this season - avoiding travel within Europe (cant see fans being allowed anyway, but just to protect players).

That would then mean that we will go into next season as Prem Champions, and still Champions of Europe.

[email protected]

I'd take that right now - just get the league finished.

I have a feeling that all the European domestic leagues will be behind closed doors. And they might just cancel the champions league and europa altogether for this season - avoiding travel within Europe (cant see fans being allowed anyway, but just to protect players).

That would then mean that we will go into next season as Prem Champions, and still Champions of Europe.
The clubs of Manchester will depart into the void if that happened. So in that case... make it so.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
As long as the current rules are in force, the season won’t restart. The authorities won’t allow us to win it properly until restrictions are lifted and pubs are open. September?

richieh10

Fuck my emotions are all over the place with this.
UEFA have got an agenda to get their competitions started on time next season but also to make sure next season isn’t delayed as this will impact on the recently moved Euros.

Fuck UEFA

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Latest from the Echo is that the league will be finished over six week period starting in July.

I still don’t think that voiding is going to be an issue, as it would plunge a number of clubs including many in the premier league into financial crisis. Obligations to broadcaster, sponsors and players have to be met.

nikz200

This many people asking for a void season. Lets say they actually do push forward this void initiative, how will they compensate the teams who have already gone through near 3/4 of a season? Not to mention the extra compensation because of our league gap in terms of points. Will they give us the winners prize money ? Will they give us a 15-20 points reprieve at the start of the next season? Are they willing to do these things? I doubt it cause it would give us a advantage for next season. So ill say this, finish this season off the right way, let us play the next few games , we win the title if we win those games,give us the trophy, fuck off and come back next season once all this has fully settled. Sick and tired of listening to Rio Ferdinand , Richard Keyes and all these lot who keep saying "We feel bad for Liverpool, but this is more than football". No shit, we all know that you numpties , but there are ways to settle the season without having to risk peoples lives or anything like that. For months now the media have said we won the league and we won the league when every Liverpool fan knew that we haven't won it till we won it and now all these shitheads want to deny us because quote "Its bigger than football now" fuck off, the mancs would not take it lying down, they would hopping mad if they were even given the prospect of having to suck up the fact they have to swallow being not allowed a league title.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
This many people asking for a void season. Lets say they actually do push forward this void initiative, how will they compensate the teams who have already gone through near 3/4 of a season? Not to mention the extra compensation because of our league gap in terms of points. Will they give us the winners prize money ? Will they give us a 15-20 points reprieve at the start of the next season? Are they willing to do these things? I doubt it cause it would give us a advantage for next season. So ill say this, finish this season off the right way, let us play the next few games , we win the title if we win those games,give us the trophy, fuck off and come back next season once all this has fully settled. Sick and tired of listening to Rio Ferdinand , Richard Keyes and all these lot who keep saying "We feel bad for Liverpool, but this is more than football". No shit, we all know that you numpties , but there are ways to settle the season without having to risk peoples lives or anything like that. For months now the media have said we won the league and we won the league when every Liverpool fan knew that we haven't won it till we won it and now all these shitheads want to deny us because quote "Its bigger than football now" fuck off, the mancs would not take it lying down, they would hopping mad if they were even given the prospect of having to suck up the fact they have to swallow being not allowed a league title.
As I said the other day has anyone thought about the scenario where they void the league, Start again in August and this virus comes back in December- do we lose another season? That's why no matter how long it takes this season needs to be finished. Its going to affect next season but its easier to sort that out rather than end a season early. It not even a case of well if they void it lets give LFC the title as what about the bottom 3? top and bottom of Championship and the league below and the league below.....and so on.
A handful of clubs want it voided but all 60 odd clubs in leagues below the National league have wrote to the league asking to resume when safe and not void it. You just cant re-set the league back 12 months as you are rewarding teams that have failed in their objectives and taking away from teams that have done what they set out to do.

W00die

Ad-free Member
When the lockdown starts to end I assume it will be gradual. One thing they could do would be to start sport soon but play to empty stadiums. Have matches on every day & broadcast them so people get to see it (free if possible). Get teams to play twice a week to finish as soon as possible. Could start matches from midday until the evening to stagger them. Then have a short break before next season, which presumably might start later than normal.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
When the lockdown starts to end I assume it will be gradual. One thing they could do would be to start sport soon but play to empty stadiums. Have matches on every day & broadcast them so people get to see it (free if possible). Get teams to play twice a week to finish as soon as possible. Could start matches from midday until the evening to stagger them. Then have a short break before next season, which presumably might start later than normal.
That's literally what they are looking to do from reports, see the article above.

richieh10

I really do not want them to just give is the title.

mot needs to be won in my opinion.
I’m not sure I could cope with the shit heads chanting “you never won the league” at every opportunity.

the season has to be finished. Don’t care when, don’t care how... but it has to happen.
Sick of these twats with agendas saying void the season.

fuck off Harry Kane, so you can play in the champions league after being dumped out and with no chance of finishing top 4 this season. Wanker

Status
Not open for further replies.