• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Now that they BELIEVE us, WHEN will we win the league?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
What would be a pig is to win it with City losing rather than us winning. I want the party after the match that we win, not on a day we don’t play. Of course that’s a problem that I’m very happy with :)
My 1st choice would be 3/1 points needed at Anfield - and major party to follow. Win it an Anfield
2nd choice - at an away ground. Goodison 1st, city 2nd.
3rd choice - win because of city losing.

Life is full of problems. I never thought I'd have this problem to deal with!

battleofspionkop

Can we still win it against Bournemouth? I hope we do, that's the game before Atleti, and I'd quite like to go to Anfield with us as Champions of England.
if city drop 6 points against west ham/leicester/man u, and we win our next 4 games, we'd be champions before the home CL game with Atleti. if we want to win it v Bournemouth (because of our win and not a city loss), we'd need city to lose to both west ham and leicester.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Could you imaging the mass walkout at the Emptihad (all 10 of them) if we were winning 2-0 with 10 minutes to go to win it?

We might see Guardiloa trying to sneak out with them
When you say all 10 of them, you mean the players?

With I presume only Sterling staying on, so that he can collect his match bonus - cos we know we there's only 1 greedy b********!

Alright Now

My 1st choice would be 3/1 points needed at Anfield - and major party to follow. Win it an Anfield
2nd choice - at an away ground. Goodison 1st, city 2nd.
3rd choice - win because of city losing.

Life is full of problems. I never thought I'd have this problem to deal with!
I believe your bigger problem is getting me a ticket, picking me up at Heathrow, preparing my room, and ordering Indian food (with low sodium). Please send me regular progress reports.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I just want the confirmation done with at Anfield, our home and amongst our fans. I don't really want to see the other rivals.

My family are getting ready for the preparation celebrations as if Liverpool FC are getting married, lol. Even my mum is getting out of bed for this, in her wheelchair.

Genius

The Somewhat Normal One
The last time Liverpool won a PL, i wasn't even born yet.

The year where I watched my first live Liverpool game at Anfield, we went on to our most dominant run ever and possibly winning the league in the most dominant fashion. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll be accepting your season tickets now please.

LaurazRed

The last time Liverpool won a PL, i wasn't even born yet.

The year where I watched my first live Liverpool game at Anfield, we went on to our most dominant run ever and possibly winning the league in the most dominant fashion. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll be accepting your season tickets now please.
You mean the First division, as everyone has always told us we've never won the PL, it's finally coming home.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Am I the only one feeling this is going to be a bit anti climatic when it comes around?

As amazing as it will be when it happens, I just dont see it reaching the euphoria of Istanbul or Madrid for me, given it's been nailed on for weeks now

Joe1972

Am I the only one feeling this is going to be a bit anti climatic when it comes around?

As amazing as it will be when it happens, I just dont see it reaching the euphoria of Istanbul or Madrid for me, given it's been nailed on for weeks now
Possibly, but for me it will the all the euphoria minus the gut wrenching nerves and dread.

jay90

thats totally normal. euphoria and relief is directly related to peril. even in cup finals, do you think city fans felt last year the way we did in 2006? there's no way we're gonna feel this year the way city did in 2012.
instead of one mad crazy celebration after one game, i've been celebrating for weeks hah

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

It’ll be different as the emotions will be more along the lines of, ‘ if it’s not today, it’ll be next week’ the players will still be in the zone of ‘one game at a time’ for the next week ( there might be only a two or three day break before they have to do it all again), but I think it’ll be remarkable still, different from anything else we’ve seen, but thirty years of build up, it’ll just be massive,

I

jaffod

I want it won at Anfield in a match we have to win, that way it will be no different to any other title win in our past. The rest of the weekend will be one long piss-up and it will be boss.
The best thing about winning it early will be the atmosphere surrounding all the remaining matches. Soak it up, wallow in it, be unbearable. It might be great winning it last game of the season for the relief of tension but when that's done you have 3 months of nothing and it's quickly forgotten about by some people, this way we have the chance to rub people's fucking noses in it for 2 months.

Up the fucking unbearable Reds!!

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I want it won at Anfield in a match we have to win, that way it will be no different to any other title win in our past. The rest of the weekend will be one long piss-up and it will be boss.
The best thing about winning it early will be the atmosphere surrounding all the remaining matches. Soak it up, wallow in it, be unbearable. It might be great winning it last game of the season for the relief of tension but when that's done you have 3 months of nothing and it's quickly forgotten about by some people, this way we have the chance to rub people's fucking noses in it for 2 months.

Up the fucking unbearable Reds!!
Actually, this.

Looking forward to witnessing copious amounts of unbearability