Now that they BELIEVE us, WHEN will we win the league?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
One way or the other it will still happen. We will celebrate in our own silos, but the power of the web will keep us together.

When we get over this pandemic, there is going to be one humungous party that could last months and months.

It was just a year ago that I had booked my flights to Berlin and onto Madrid. We were also coming upto the last home game against Wolves. I was there, back of the Kop. Brighton took the lead against City, and we took the lead against Wolves. Delirium.

And it ended, but we had Madrid to look forward to. And that win against Barcelona - in folklore history forever and beyond. Our grandchildren will hear about it.

And so to this season, it will come. We will be crowned champions, just a case of when. And they all do believe us.

Last edited:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Today is the day we should’ve played Chelsea in the final home game of the season.. The day when the Premier League trophy would’ve been presented in front of a packed Anfield. The weather is perfect as well, a beautiful sunny day. I had this day all mapped out, months ago. I was going to leave the car at home and catch the bus, so I could have a couple of pints before the game. Arrive earlier than usual, so I could soak up what was going to be a carnival atmosphere around the stadium before watching the reds batter the Chavs, then lift the trophy for the first time in thirty years. Then continue the celebrations for long time into the night. But a magical day has been denied us through no fault of our own.
I’m going to leave it at that because I might go into a rant. So stay safe everyone and hopefully the football will be back sooner rather than later.
Me and my Nephews were of the same mind. Out for a brekky/brunch. Over to town to a pub. Early to the ground to get our badges from Paul the badge man. Go and say Our hellos at my Brother’s stone. Down to the hot chocolate stall to see Michelle and the girls (but with beer replacing the hot chocs). Go our separate ways to our seats, them in the front row of the Kop me in the Upper Main. Share out the whisky smuggled in my two hip flasks with all the lads that sit around me. Enjoy the game and the after match parade. Then back over the water to our local rugby club for a few more bevvies.

I’m sure that we’ll do it all either at the first game that we’re allowed back or when we lift number twenty.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Today is the day we should’ve played Chelsea in the final home game of the season.. The day when the Premier League trophy would’ve been presented in front of a packed Anfield. The weather is perfect as well, a beautiful sunny day. I had this day all mapped out, months ago. I was going to leave the car at home and catch the bus, so I could have a couple of pints before the game. Arrive earlier than usual, so I could soak up what was going to be a carnival atmosphere around the stadium before watching the reds batter the Chavs, then lift the trophy for the first time in thirty years. Then continue the celebrations for long time into the night. But a magical day has been denied us through no fault of our own.
I’m going to leave it at that because I might go into a rant. So stay safe everyone and hopefully the football will be back sooner rather than later.
Brought a fucking tear to my eye that did!

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I know we all wanted a parade and everything on the level of the Champions League triumph. Right now, i just want our club's name engraved on that EPL trophy with our club's colours on it. I just want 19th number on our wooden panel at Melwood made official, that will do me and I will be so happy. I have waited 30 years, who knows if we are alive next year.

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
Because of the way the government have mishandled the corona virus I am beginning to doubt that the it will be possible to complete the EPL season.
Yep, I think it’s game over now. The league is either abandoned or we’re awarded the title*.

vzok

Because of the way the government have mishandled the corona virus I am beginning to doubt that the it will be possible to complete the EPL season.
I’ve got my doubts about them carrying out next season.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
It is impossible for every single person in the EPL to be Coronavirus free. Let's see how Germany will do, they have had Covid19-positive players and immediately quarantined the player. Also, positive cases have been seen in Serie A as well. All the cases seem to hav been asymptomatic.They basically have to isolate and contain the virus as best they can and abide by the strict social distancing rules.

Last edited:

Dave-D

Think the safest and most sensible route is that of cancel season and then decide from there how teams get relegated etc with the teams who are relegated getting extra money next season to help cushion the blow.

It’s significantly safer than trying to play games behind closed door and if any relegated teams don’t like it well that’s unfortunate.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Let them award us the title and I don't care what they do reg the remaining games.

Engrave the f'ing thing and document it in the history books, alright.

I always follow the money though, so I'm certain the PL will want to meet their obligations to the broadcast sponsors...

richieh10

What happened was loads of people voted for party of incompetents led by a bafoonush chancer, and then when a crisis happened they didn’t know how to respond to it.
I was on more so about us being the best team ever, then the whole world pandemic thing stopping the season.

I am not into politics at all... don’t like them, don’t trust them, any of them but tbh I think Boris has done pretty much all that he could. I honestly don’t think any political party could have stopped this global pandemic.

fact of the matter is, even under lockdown there were were/are plenty of individual morons who are carrying on “as per normal” and probably unknowingly helped the spread of this virus.

like I said I am no fan of any politician but to put the blame at anyone’s door for this is a big reach!

BigJon

I was on more so about us being the best team ever, then the whole world pandemic thing stopping the season.

I am not into politics at all... don’t like them, don’t trust them, any of them but tbh I think Boris has done pretty much all that he could. I honestly don’t think any political party could have stopped this global pandemic.

fact of the matter is, even under lockdown there were were/are plenty of individual morons who are carrying on “as per normal” and probably unknowingly helped the spread of this virus.

like I said I am no fan of any politician but to put the blame at anyone’s door for this is a big reach!
I agree that to blame Boris as an individual is unfair. The blame lies with the whole fucking lot of them - compare this government's response to that of NZ, Taiwan, Germany, Australia, Singapore and on and on.

The British Government are all equally culpable, all equally inept, all equally guilty of presiding over a crisis that could have been handled in a manner that put saving lives as the first priority.

As it stands you can still today get off a plane in Heathrow and infect hundreds of people - without so much as a temperature check. Basic, basic health safeguards that this shambles of a government is only introducing now after 30000 people have died.

Nobody is blaming Johnson and his shitbag of a cabinet for starting the pandemic - but failing to protect the British people at even the most basic and fundamental of levels - Guilty as charged.

jaffod

Probably the most uninformed, naive post I've read on here since the pandemic took a grip. Liked by the lockdown-breaking Boris fanboy. There really is no fucking hope.

Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I hope football starts up soon, 'football topics are invested with politics and people are becoming nasty to each other.
Theres always a political angle to football, and always the potential for nastiness.
I think its fair enough to comment on disastrous governanance of situations, and the effect of decision making on normal life.
New Zealand handled the pandemic fairly well, an island nation who used geography to assist containment.
Britain and Ireland could have attempted the same, even scaled back, but didnt because of political or monetary reasons. Cheltenham being a case in point.
This effected growth of the virus, which impacted upon the title of this thread, hence political discussion.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Probably the most uninformed, naive post I've read on here since the pandemic took a grip. Liked by the lockdown-breaking Boris fanboy. There really is no fucking hope.
Well I'm still hopeful about going out for an ice cream later but it is very windy here so don't think I'll take the Porsche :)

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I think they will have to call it now. I dont see them playing again for a while as too unsafe.

richieh10

why exactly? Like I said I’m not into politics at all but am keen to know what you would have done differently? If you’re going to say “start the lockdown sooner, make the lockdown stricter” then I’d also be interested to know, if they are your views did you start your own individual “lockdown” before it became official?
Anybody who says that the lockdown should have started earlier, yet went to the A. Madrid game (as I did) then that seems pretty hypocritical to me.

could the government been faster acting - yes - however any prime minister, blue or red wouldn’t have done things differently

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
.... but tbh I think Boris has done pretty much all that he could.....
Dear god! I mean Jesus fucking Christ! Even the Tory supporting BBC has had to start questioning our actions as a country. We still aren't testing per population anywhere near the levels of some countries yet we've got the highest death toll! Voluntarily chose to initially follow the Herd Immunity approach, without any scientific certainty that you can become immune to it, even though it could lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths. Only backed down and went for lockdown approach due to pressure and did it nearly a month later than could have been done leading to thousands of unnecessary deaths. Im logging off I'm getting too angry.

richieh10

Let me also saying being from wales I’m glad our leaders have extended the lockdown for a further 3 weeks.

boris easing the measures and lockdown is a mistake

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I can't see it being restarted either , especially after receiving no direction whatsoever last night from Johnson.

Just declare us Champions and be done with it.
Unfortunately, LFC is mired in a broader conversation. Relegation in particular is a very difficult matter. Villa's game in hand that could put it out of the bottom 3 complicates things enormously.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Great to see the Bundesliga back. Will make the premier league look stupid if they dont get it on - seems like only some players are against it. No Bundesliga players have refused to play.

Lets hope that the Bundesliga is clear of any issues over the next couple of weeks, and that everything is in place for this to start again. Missing it too much.