Now that they BELIEVE us, WHEN will we win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Why the sudden confidence in Man City?

They've lost to Man Utd (X2), Tottenham, Wolves (X2), Norwich and drew with Spurs and Palace.

None of those sides are elite.
It's a new season beginning now. They are fresh, have a deep squad and will likely win the rest of their games, except maybe when they meet us. And they have no pressure at all, as everyone has already dismissed their chances, including themselves. They'll just enjoy their games one by one. Our lads on the other side will have massive pressure to deal with if the first few results don't go our way.

But I trust Klopp to find the right mixture to deal with this and lead us to the title we deserve.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
It's a new season beginning now. They are fresh, have a deep squad and will likely win the rest of their games, except maybe when they meet us. And they have no pressure at all, as everyone has already dismissed their chances, including themselves. They'll just enjoy their games one by one. Our lads on the other side will have massive pressure to deal with if the first few results don't go our way.

But I trust Klopp to find the right mixture to deal with this and lead us to the title we deserve.
We need six points from nine games, or 0.67 points per match. We have accumulated 109 points from our last 38 league games, at a rate of 2.87 ppm.

Relax.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

What over the last two seasons has convinced you they have the kind of strength in mentality that you describe or that we are so weak in our mentality? What you suggest flies in the face of what we have seen from these teams for quite some time.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Yes but I dont see them losing at home.
This is where the bottom teams have lost their home advantage. They have no crowds cheering them on and making it horrible for away teams.
Yes, I heard that City's home attendance will increase during the lockdown as they are allowed more subs.

I suppose that they are the only team in the league that will make the home advantage count.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Does anyone else have that 1% of their brain that just won't stop making you think there's a chance we could blow this?

I know it sounds ridiculous but I just keep coming back to the thought that Everton have to beat us eventually, Palace games are always tough and then it's City at their place. Then all of a sudden the pressure becomes immense and the games come at an unrelenting pace.

When we beat United in mid January I felt like that was it, no catching us. Now here we are in mid June needing six points from 9 games and I can't yet convince myself 100% that it's ours.
I hear you. I couldn't sleep last night, woke up at 3:00 AM, you know when you suddenly jerk from a bad dream.. I shouldn't watched that Man City v Arsenal match. Man City looked like a well oiled machine and the 3 months off has not effected them. I had anxiety after that.

I am reading the upbeat posts here which is reassuring, the thing is, we have Everton and they always seem to make sure to give our team a hard time. I just do not want any injuries for our lads

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I hear you. I couldn't sleep last night, woke up at 3:00 AM, you know when you suddenly jerk from a bad dream.. I shouldn't watched that Man City v Arsenal match. Man City looked like a well oiled machine and the 3 months off has not effected them. I had anxiety after that.

I am reading the upbeat posts here which is reassuring, the thing is, we have Everton and they always seem to make sure to give our team a hard time. I just do not want any injuries for our lads

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

Didn't Arsenal make Brentford look that good though? How much was City being good and how much was it Arsenal being truly, shockingly, shite?

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Excellent article from the ever-thoughtful Jonathan Wilson:

The comments though. Jesus Christ.

One lad saying we lost three of our six and if we continue like that City could catch us.

Putting aside a few trivialities, like playing a reserve team in the FA Cup and Adrian gifting Athletico in a match which otherwise was one of our better performances of the season, no they can’t.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Unless Burnley beats City tomorrow we can win it now against City on July 2nd. We have to beat Palace first of course.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I'm expecting us to win it at home against Aston Villa on July 5th now. At least a nice kick off time at the weekend.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
5 more points won by us or dropped by City. City have Burnley and Chelsea don't they before us? And we have Palace? Is that right?

Plamen

5 more points won by us or dropped by City. City have Burnley and Chelsea don't they before us? And we have Palace? Is that right?
If City doesn't win tomorrow we win the league by beating Palace.If City beats Burnley and we beat Palace we can still become champions the next week.For that to happen Chelsea has to beat Man City on Thursday.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
If City doesn't win tomorrow we win the league by beating Palace.If City beats Burnley and we beat Palace we can still become champions the next week.For that to happen Chelsea has to beat Man City on Thursday.
Exactly. The article on the main and the skysports article don't even talk about that little affair come 3 days from Monday for them.
Chelsea will make them drop points and finish the season off for us...cause they like us so much.

redaderry

If City draw against Burnley and we beat Palace, we need another 2 points yes, 2 more draws or a win?
If City draw with Burnley @Maria, they will have 61 pts. We beat CP, then we will go 25 points clear of them again to 86 pts. ManC will only have 24 points max left to play for with 8 games left so we'll have won it.

Red over the water

If we beat Crystal Palace and Man City beat Burnley, a draw or win at the Etihad will see us crowned champions. Fitting if it happens there.

Maria

Ad-free Member
If City draw with Burnley @Maria, they will have 61 pts. We beat CP, then we will go 25 points clear of them again to 86 pts. ManC will only have 24 points max left to play for with 8 games left so we'll have won it.
This Maths and probability is doing my head. I wish Man City lose one game at least.

Amended spelling

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
If City draw against Burnley and we beat Palace, we need another 2 points yes, 2 more draws or a win?
If city draw against Burnley, and we beat palace on Wednesday.... then you @Maria are partying for rest of the season.

The mighty reds will be crowned premier league champions 2020, with still 7 game remaining... and will be given a guard of honour by Man City.

But as it stands right now, we need 5 points. 8 games left, just 5 points. That’s 5 draws and 3 losses.

This is assuming Man City win their remaining games. Which ain’t happening.

Maria

Ad-free Member
If city draw against Burnley, and we beat palace on Wednesday.... then you @Maria are partying for rest of the season.

The mighty reds will be crowned premier league champions 2020, with still 7 game remaining... and will be given a guard of honour by Man City.

But as it stands right now, we need 5 points. 8 games left, just 5 points. That’s 5 draws and 3 losses.

This is assuming Man City win their remaining games. Which ain’t happening.

I have waited so so long for this day, need to get my new Red LFC shirt out the wardrobe soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.