• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Ones That Got Away

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
More realistic options, while I understand player for player trades rarely happen, sounded like Madrid were eager to offer us either Wesley Sniejder or Robben years back for Alonso. I'd have take either, especially Robben, he still had a lot of good years in him back then.
I’d have taken either for the simple reason that it was obvious to everyone (except Rafa) the money was going nowhere near the squad.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Pretty sure he's been mentioned already, but throws some light onto missing out on Ramsey:

I remember Ramsey being reliably linked with Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United and I'm pretty sure Everton were in the mix as well. That was well before Twitter trolls and ITKs. I can only imagine what could have been, a brilliant player who should have been a PL great but for injuries.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
We'd need a new thread, "players we've sold but shouldn't have!"

Beardsley
Fowler
Alonso
Mascherano
Suarez
Sterling
Souness
Beardsley was playing in the first professional football match I ever watched. I was a little boy when I went to watch him play with Whitecaps in NASL. My uncle had tickets to a lot of their games but apparently I had to miss Pele & Cosmos due to illness. Late 70's early 80s. Still have a pennant of when West Brom came to town