Ousmane Dembele (LW/RW) Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Your view of what loan with an option to buy is different from mine. And you may be right, but I wouldn't expect it to be loan where after the loan we get to name our price and you take it or leave it. I would think it would be agreed upon in advance or set with the market or something like that. Otherwise, what would make that any different than any other loan?
Seller usually dictate the transfer fees. So the take it or leave it point is quite irrelevant. A fee that you mentioned which agreed in advance only apply if the host club in this case Barcelona is looking to sell the player. They are not looking to sell so again not going to work. So this is no different to any loan deal.

SC LFC Fan

Seller usually dictate the transfer fees. So the take it or leave it point is quite irrelevant. A fee that you mentioned which agreed in advance only apply if the host club in this case Barcelona is looking to sell the player. They are not looking to sell so again not going to work. So this is no different to any loan deal.
The take it or leave it should've been in quotes as what Barcelona is saying in my post you quoted. As in, if it was actually a loan with an option to buy, it wouldn't be a loan and at the end they name their price so that you technically have an option. That's just a loan. And if they were to let him go, I 100% agree either a straight loan, or straight sell is more likely. But in the hypothetical that we negotiate an option to buy that's reasonable, I would love that and be 100% for it.

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
This is one of those ones that has me confused. Are we actually in the running for him or is the forum just running away with the idea of it?

Anyone like me still hoping against hope that Atletico are signing Lemar as a Griezmann replacement, since Griezmann will be moving to Barca (in a presser yesterday Griezmann stated he's made a decision but that yesterday was not the time to talk about it), and that therefore a move for Dembele is still on the cards?

One can dream... until, of course, one remembers that we are in for Shaqiri. :eh?:

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Anyone like me still hoping against hope that Atletico are signing Lemar as a Griezmann replacement, since Griezmann will be moving to Barca (in a presser yesterday Griezmann stated he's made a decision but that yesterday was not the time to talk about it), and that therefore a move for Dembele is still on the cards?

One can dream... until, of course, one remembers that we are in for Shaqiri. :eh?:
Doesn't Griezmann play mainly up front for Atletico? I don't think Lemar's arrival would affect him, really. He may still move of course, but my impression is Atletico have no idea what it is he's decided to do as yet.

Forgot to add that getting Lemar in as a replacement before selling Griezmann for an eye-watering sum is exactly the kind of canny business that Atletico would do.

If - IF - Barca buy Griezmann for aforementioned eye-watering sum, maybe Barca's tricky financial situation will lead to traction on this transfer.

See you after the World Cup, folks...

Mark Thurgood

As of July 1st Griezmann release clause of £88m is active. Just saying, for those concerned with eye watering £100m plus offers. Why wouldn’t clubs wait to get him cheaper. Anyway it’s a Dembele thread.

RedSeven

On the one road
As of July 1st Griezmann release clause of £88m is active. Just saying, for those concerned with eye watering £100m plus offers. Why wouldn’t clubs wait to get him cheaper. Anyway it’s a Dembele thread.
We should be offering that for him,if only to piss off and try up the price for Barca since they have no problem with pissing us off when trying to unsettle our players.

No, good point! Forgot to take that into account. Assumes he's worth more now, but that's likely.

Fingers crossed...

Mark Thurgood

We should be offering that for him,if only to piss off and try up the price for Barca since they have no problem with pissing us off when trying to unsettle our players.
Yes but unfortunately with a release if for example were to activate a £88m bid, then Atletico have to accept, BUT you won’t drive the bid up because that’s the price Barcelona and others would need to offer as a minimum in order to speak to his representatives.

UpTheReds

Would rather have Dembele as Griezmann for the way Liverpool plays. Dembele and Gelson Martins added to the 3 LFC has would be ridiculous. Could sub off Mane or Salah at 70 minutes and actually increase the pressure.

Last edited:

jackh1092

Whilst it rules out ever getting the chance of Dembele, LFC should take this as a positive in a way, shows you can get players to reject Barca if you try hard enough as Atletico have..

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Whilst it rules out ever getting the chance of Dembele, LFC should take this as a positive in a way, shows you can get players to reject Barca if you try hard enough as Atletico have..
If it means the club agreeing one of those "The Decision" shows, then I'd rather the player left and club pocket the money. If Atleti gave their permission for that bollocks then they should be ashamed of themselves.

HKReds

As in try hard enough to win a trophy :tongue:

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Even if they signed Griezmann, I would have been surprised if we loaned Dembele unless there was an affordable option to buy attached to it.

jackh1092

If it means the club agreeing one of those "The Decision" shows, then I'd rather the player left and club pocket the money. If Atleti gave their permission for that bollocks then they should be ashamed of themselves.
lol, wasnt really the point of the show, more what it means- their star, and a desired player of one of the big two, is staying put.

It would be a complete waste of money whatever the arrangements. Barça should pay someone to take Dembele off their hands like we should with Markovic and did with Aquilani.

GaryBarlow99

He's a good player who could be great but he is still raw and I think it is obvious he's not worth the money Barcelona paid for him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.