Ousmane Dembele (LW/RW) Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Thurgood

Dembele is so shit Barca should just write off what they invested in him and give him to us on a free before he wreaks any more damage on their team and prospects.

Am I doing this right?
I like your train of thought, Keep up the good work.

Fair enough, I've learned not to judge players off single performances and national tournaments such as the world cup. Each to their own.
I don't even need to judge him to say he isn't worth what he's payed by Barça. It's just ridiculous to pay a 20 year old what Barça are rumored to be paying him. No way is he 6 times the player TAA is!

Anfield rd Dreamer

I don't even need to judge him to say he isn't worth what he's payed by Barça. It's just ridiculous to pay a 20 year old what Barça are rumored to be paying him. No way is he 6 times the player TAA is!
Are any footballers worth what they're paid? Compared to other professions society needs more like nurses, junior doctors, firemen. Money in football is obscene full stop. Arguments about whether something is a bit obscene or a lot obscene are a bit pointless to me it's all immoral. Take that side out of it then you can make a logical discussion about wages versus worth with regards to how players help a club increase or maintain its revenues. Which are also obscene.

Are any footballers worth what they're paid? Compared to other professions society needs more like nurses, junior doctors, firemen. Money in football is obscene full stop. Arguments about whether something is a bit obscene or a lot obscene are a bit pointless to me it's all immoral. Take that side out of it then you can make a logical discussion about wages versus worth with regards to how players help a club increase or maintain its revenues. Which are also obscene.
LFC simply have a wage structure in place which gives a value to a player and his performances. Dembele explodes that structure.
This just means LFC would never be in for Dembele simple as.
I mentioned TAA because his performances for us triggered a clause in his contract that put him on the wage he gets. I just thought it was pertinent then perhaps it's not!

GaryBarlow99

Guillem Balague said that Barcelona would subsidise his wages if they got a decent loan fee. Paying him £150k a week and giving Barcelona a £20m loan fee with an option to buy would be a good solution but when it came to buying him he would probably want the £220k he is now so doubt it would be a goer.

Guillem Balague said that Barcelona would subsidise his wages if they got a decent loan fee. Paying him £150k a week and giving Barcelona a £20m loan fee with an option to buy would be a good solution but when it came to buying him he would probably want the £220k he is now so doubt it would be a goer.
It's still nowhere near our ball park. Which clubs pay £150k to a 21 year old?
I put this down to a Barça panic buy cock up that makes us buying Balotelli look sensible!

Every time Ive seen this lad play I think he looks bang average.
Barca know they have fucked up with this and totally over paid on an average player.
He said to have speed and at times shows it but that just puts him in a category with Walcott and a good number of other English wingers. Then again the other day I saw him chasing a ball and the defender (who had to turn) out sprinted him, I was a tad disappointed.

Cologne-Liverpool

No offence, but this is getting a bit ridiculous imo. If he's bang average who the fuck is left as even close to top class? Very few. Yeah, the reported wages that Barca pay for him are a bit ridiculous too and they took a massive bet with the transfer fee on an emerging young talent, fair enough. That is however what he is and when I watched him in the BL I thought he was among the most exciting young players I've seen in a very long time - yes a bit raw, but supreme quality, not just pace, but skills at the ball, brilliant vision and passes, at times miles above pretty much everyone else on the pitch.
Yeah he sucked in those France games so far and apparently has had his problems at Barca, there are legitimate questions about his attitude/character and there's a good point about us not going for him for that reason and obviously the wage structure. Maybe he'll never fully live up to his potential, entirely possible, has happened loads of time before, but bang average in terms of quality he is definitely not.

No offence, but this is getting a bit ridiculous imo. If he's bang average who the fuck is left as even close to top class? Very few. Yeah, the reported wages that Barca pay for him are a bit ridiculous too and they took a massive bet with the transfer fee on an emerging young talent, fair enough. That is however what he is and when I watched him in the BL I thought he was among the most exciting young players I've seen in a very long time - yes a bit raw, but supreme quality, not just pace, but skills at the ball, brilliant vision and passes, at times miles above pretty much everyone else on the pitch.
Yeah he sucked in those France games so far and apparently has had his problems at Barca, there are legitimate questions about his attitude/character and there's a good point about us not going for him for that reason and obviously the wage structure. Maybe he'll never fully live up to his potential, entirely possible, has happened loads of time before, but bang average in terms of quality he is definitely not.
An average top potential talent? :J
Walcott was that some time ago! lol

Yep. He's the French Theo Walcott, in a nutshell. I give up lol
Don't give up!
I read and learn and from his statistics you can appreciate he has something of vision. So did Walcott at that age. lol
I must stop with Walcott at least Dembele plays in matches at his 1st WC Walcott didn't. :wave:

Cologne-Liverpool

Don't give up!
I read and learn and from his statistics you can appreciate he has something of vision. So did Walcott at that age. lol
I must stop with Walcott at least Dembele plays in matches at his 1st WC Walcott didn't. :wave:
Yeah, but look at the shitty choices Deschamps has in offence, no achievement there, Walcott would have walked straight into that starting eleven.
This Dembele fella keeps fooling everyone around him.;-)

Anfield rd Dreamer

An average top potential talent? :J
Walcott was that some time ago! lol
Dembele is already one of the top 10 wingers on the planet. His "disappointing" season at Barca he was more productive than Mane was for us. And he wasn't exactly bang average was he? New league, new language, new culture, new everything. Hit a serious injury during the season and 20 years old. All that when being compared to Messi and Neymar (two of the best players on the planet) at every turn. If he was here he'd be competing with Firmino and Salah as one of our contenders for best player. Especially after having time to settle and work with Klopp. As such he should be paid as one of our best players regardless of age. Otherwise Milner should be our best paid player if it's on age.

Dembele is already one of the top 10 wingers on the planet. His "disappointing" season at Barca he was more productive than Mane was for us. And he wasn't exactly bang average was he? New league, new language, new culture, new everything. Hit a serious injury during the season and 20 years old. All that when being compared to Messi and Neymar (two of the best players on the planet) at every turn. If he was here he'd be competing with Firmino and Salah as one of our contenders for best player. Especially after having time to settle and work with Klopp. As such he should be paid as one of our best players regardless of age. Otherwise Milner should be our best paid player if it's on age.
Mané was pretty under par for a quite a while after he came back from his injury! I mean average what?
Average EPL player or average LFC player average world class player?
What I have seen of Dembele hasn't impressed top wages or not but as I said LFC wouldn't pay wages like that even for their top player, simpla as!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Mané was pretty under par for a quite a while after he came back from his injury! I mean average what?
Average EPL player or average LFC player average world class player?
What I have seen of Dembele hasn't impressed top wages or not but as I said LFC wouldn't pay wages like that even for their top player, simpla as!
150 we do 220 we don't yet but as revenue goes up so will the wages we pay. And "bang average" was the term you used which in my vocabulary is a way of saying shit.

150 we do 220 we don't yet but as revenue goes up so will the wages we pay. And "bang average" was the term you used which in my vocabulary is a way of saying shit.
That doesn't seem like me at all. Where did you see that?
Please don't make shit up just to try and make a point that is worthless!
After how LFC have haggled with young players over wages I think you need to wise up to what's going down at the club. I would be disappointed particularly for our young players if LFC even contemplated paying a 21 year old those sort of wages. Things need to seem fair or our youth academy will empty pretty swiftly imo. You just don't go around making exceptions like that.

SC LFC Fan

That doesn't seem like me at all. Where did you see that?
Please don't make shit up just to try and make a point that is worthless!
After how LFC have haggled with young players over wages I think you need to wise up to what's going down at the club. I would be disappointed particularly for our young players if LFC even contemplated paying a 21 year old those sort of wages. Things need to seem fair or our youth academy will empty pretty swiftly imo. You just don't go around making exceptions like that.
He didn't make it up, he just mis-attributed it to you. Cologne used it early in his discussion with you.

And his point about age is that we don't pay people based on age, we pay them based on their skill, potential, competition to sign them, etc. Do you think we would've paid Mbappe wages similar to Woodburn? Of course not, because he's on another level despite his age. Dembele is already very, very good. He's who Walcott wanted to be when he grew up. Doubt we sign him, doubt it's really even a good idea for us to sign him, but not at all because of his footballing ability.

He didn't make it up, he just mis-attributed it to you. Cologne used it early in his discussion with you.

And his point about age is that we don't pay people based on age, we pay them based on their skill, potential, competition to sign them, etc. Do you think we would've paid Mbappe wages similar to Woodburn? Of course not, because he's on another level despite his age. Dembele is already very, very good. He's who Walcott wanted to be when he grew up. Doubt we sign him, doubt it's really even a good idea for us to sign him, but not at all because of his footballing ability.
So he did make up as Cologne usage of it was not to say a player was shit. Don't interupt when you haven't a clue what your on about.

Anyone happy that LFC sign a 21 year old on 230k really needs to get a grip!

At 21 Walcott was that and didn't earn the highest wage at Arsenal!

Cologne-Liverpool

Now wait a second - actually Walshy07 introduced the term "bang average", I was referring to both Flobs and Walshy07's comments with my initial comment. Anyone still following?...Man, we really suck at this communication thing...;-)

Anfield rd Dreamer

So he did make up as Cologne usage of it was not to say a player was shit. Don't interupt when you haven't a clue what your on about.

I do apologise I didn't realise me confusing yours and Walshy's posts saying similar things would piss you off so much.

And we wouldn't be signing a 21 year old on those wages so why are you getting so angry? If anything were to happen itd likely be a two year loan with option to buy. So we'd be talking about a 23 year old with us for 2 years who we would likely only be activating the clause for if he's been a success. Would you feel better about a 23 year old being one of our top earners? Not sure why so hung up on age. Should be our best players paid the most regardless of age. By this time two years from now who knows how much success and money we have coming in. Can't possibly predict what wages we will be able to offer then or what wages a player will accept. No point making assumptions.

I do apologise I didn't realise me confusing yours and Walshy's posts saying similar things would piss you off so much.

And we wouldn't be signing a 21 year old on those wages so why are you getting so angry? If anything were to happen itd likely be a two year loan with option to buy. So we'd be talking about a 23 year old with us for 2 years who we would likely only be activating the clause for if he's been a success. Would you feel better about a 23 year old being one of our top earners? Not sure why so hung up on age. Should be our best players paid the most regardless of age. By this time two years from now who knows how much success and money we have coming in. Can't possibly predict what wages we will be able to offer then or what wages a player will accept. No point making assumptions.
lol

Right we don't know where the wage structures are going so it's fine to go around making up nonsense all the time. This silly season has always been silly! :well done:

Anfield rd Dreamer

lol

Right we don't know where the wage structures are going so it's fine to go around making up nonsense all the time. This silly season has always been silly! :well done:
Who is making up nonsense? You said we can't afford his wages, those in the rumour we can. Those you assume we would have to pay in the future (which may be wrong) nobody can know if we will be able to afford by then.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Give it up fella's, this guy and Shaqiri are ARD's Hills to Die On for this window.

No disparaging remarks on either player regardless of it being fact or opinion will go unchallenged!

SC LFC Fan

My bad for interrupting. I'll never try to clarify again. Continue on yelling with exclamations.

Status
Not open for further replies.