Ousmane Dembele (LW/RW) Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC LFC Fan

Now wait a second - actually Walshy07 introduced the term "bang average", I was referring to both Flobs and Walshy07's comments with my initial comment. Anyone still following?...Man, we really suck at this communication thing...;-)
Ha! My bad again. I just knew I had read bang average and scrolling up saw yours!

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
Henderson was the only one playing football! :rolleyes:
Yep!
I haven't commented on him till now. The WC is where you'd expect a self respecting player to give it a go!
Like Henderson.....
If VAR was in force to make that call every time, sure.

It's a penalty. Defenders are used to getting away with it, but it's a penalty. Any brush he might have made with the ball was inconsequential for sure, not even clear he did touch it. Certainly didn't change the play if he did.

Only thing you can say is that he didn't have a play on the ball, but not sure that's part of it and also very hard to say that when he went from full speed run to on the ground.
Im not very good with technology so not sure if my quoting has worked.

Before i start this is my opinion. Nothing personal - I enjoy reading your posts whether i agree with them or not. My post may generalise some of your comments and I apologise if i have mis understood your posts.

My comment like Henderson was in response to you saying you have soley based your opinion of Dembele, from world cup games, where any self righting player would want to perform. Henderson by many a persons view including the media/pundits has performed well in the two games he has played. But your opinion is different, so we get the Henderson played well, rolls eyes emoji. Why not back this statement up with why you think the OPs comments were wrong?

Again to highlight my issue with this comment is that you sing Fekirs praises but based on his W/C performances why? Youve already written Dembele of from the same games - yes i get dembele has started more games etc but Loftus Cheek made an impression from his brief cameo in the first game.

Dembeles wages, why are Barca paying him so much? Well he was in demand coming off a good season and probably good wages from Dortmund. Maybe the higher wages were as a result of him forcing through the transfer.

Pogba, not long ago the worlds most expensive player. As a 23yr old earning £220k a week...you defended his performances for France but cost how many more times than Henderson, picks up how much more than him?

A quick question who had the better season... and how did you come to this opinion.

In the Shaqiri thread you mentioned how much he cost Stoke over his contract...how much has value has Sturridge provided for his wages over the last few seasons....

And to turn my point full circle how much did the world cup star Diouf con us out of....

As i say i enjoy your posts, contribution, points of view, you add a lot of value to the forum. However sometimes i think your opinions need a bit more substance. If anything it makes the debating side more interesting.

Again to reiterate, you add value to the forum, i just think by giving reasoning to your point of view you could offer so much more.

Im not very good with technology so not sure if my quoting has worked.

Before i start this is my opinion. Nothing personal - I enjoy reading your posts whether i agree with them or not. My post may generalise some of your comments and I apologise if i have mis understood your posts.

My comment like Henderson was in response to you saying you have soley based your opinion of Dembele, from world cup games, where any self righting player would want to perform. Henderson by many a persons view including the media/pundits has performed well in the two games he has played. But your opinion is different, so we get the Henderson played well, rolls eyes emoji. Why not back this statement up with why you think the OPs comments were wrong?

Again to highlight my issue with this comment is that you sing Fekirs praises but based on his W/C performances why? Youve already written Dembele of from the same games - yes i get dembele has started more games etc but Loftus Cheek made an impression from his brief cameo in the first game.

Dembeles wages, why are Barca paying him so much? Well he was in demand coming off a good season and probably good wages from Dortmund. Maybe the higher wages were as a result of him forcing through the transfer.

Pogba, not long ago the worlds most expensive player. As a 23yr old earning £220k a week...you defended his performances for France but cost how many more times than Henderson, picks up how much more than him?

A quick question who had the better season... and how did you come to this opinion.

In the Shaqiri thread you mentioned how much he cost Stoke over his contract...how much has value has Sturridge provided for his wages over the last few seasons....

And to turn my point full circle how much did the world cup star Diouf con us out of....

As i say i enjoy your posts, contribution, points of view, you add a lot of value to the forum. However sometimes i think your opinions need a bit more substance. If anything it makes the debating side more interesting.

Again to reiterate, you add value to the forum, i just think by giving reasoning to your point of view you could offer so much more.
I sometimes go into more detail but try to avoid it as it creates confusion and too easily taken out of context. Not the fault of others I just find it hard to put clearly what I mean so often end up making it too short without much explaination.

Lots of points to cover in your post.

1stly Henderson, the eyeroll was used to indicate who would have believed it considering Henderson gets so much criticism, it was directed at certain posters on the forum. I really do believe he was the only player playing football in that match. He covered everyones arses (well Walker was good as well outside some naive errors. Perhaps the wrong emoji to use but it was supposed to reflect on other posters opinions on him not on Henderson (I just assumed most posters on this forum know my opinions on Henderson (of course one can forget and a few don't know but I feel confident many on here would have understood that). As for the 'anglosaxon press I haven't a clue what they are saying about Henderson. I have only heard general comments here in France which after the 1st match where pretty much dismissive/writing them off with lots of eye rolling. ^^
Btw I know Henderson's game quite well having watched him for more than a few seasons now! Not as if I base things around him on one game.
Btw there was no OP to that comment it was out of the blue if I remember correctly.

Dembele is easy I have only noticed him at the WC (mainly due to this thread with some strange rumors about loaning him) so don't know what he has done before, from what I have seen in the world cup he isn't special. Even so my major point has always been consistent on this there is noway he is coming to LFC on those wages. Whether he is worth that or not I couldn't give a monkeys as he won't come to Anfield as simple as. I do bow to for example @Cologne-Liverpool 's greater knowledge of him (and never hid the fact I know little about Dembele except he came through the Rennes academy which I consider as a good one for producing defenders). Never did I write Dembele off due to his performances in the WC, I gave my impressions of him from the little I have seen. What's wrong with that?

Fekir I have known about from before his ACL, if Lacazette was mentioned so was Fekir they went hand in hand at Lyon like Mahrez and Vardy at Leicester during their title challenge (or even Andy Mutch and Steve Bull all those years ago ^^). I don't hide my admiration of Fekir nor Lemar for that matter. I would be pleased if either came to LFC a,d as LFC have made attempts at getting them I get the impression they are affordable and desired. So I have some knowledge of Fekir outside this WC (are you insinuating I don't as others have done?). Also my posts on Fekir don't hide what I think about him his strengths and weaknesses. My views on him can in no way be compared to those I have about Dembele!

You now start really confusing a lot of different things. I don't think I have mentioned Loftus Cheek and in any case I don't think LFC have been linked to him. How can you confuse so many threads together and end up with coherence. I haven't mentioned Fekir in a WC thread as far as I know apart from saying I don't think Deschamps will play him much. As said above I write Dembele off not from his performances but his wages. Barça can pay what they want and so can LFC where's the problem however if Barça are keen to loan Dembele out why?

Now we jump to Pogba and a question I don't know anything about and really don't care about, he's not coming to LFC either. Oh! somewhere i said I like Pogba and I do. Seen him with the French squad on many occasion and the guy has real talent in terms of skill, he's moody and nonchalant and I like to see that as long as it doesn't impede on his performances (which on occasion it has. Not sure I defended his performances for France but certainly commented on his improvement in the 2nd game. And we come back to Henderson the player I have defended the most on this forum (where did you get this idea that if I say I like a player it's to criticise Henderson?
Henderson is probably my favorite player at LFC certainly was after Gerrard left and is only being hauled in because Salah sprang out of nowhere.

Who had the better season? between who? Pogba and Henderson? You do realise I follow LFC and Henderson is my favorite player no? (Oh yes I just told you that. :-) We're talking about the guy who every time a midfielder is rumored Anfield bound certain posters suggest it will mean Henderson will become bench fodder and the 1st person to defend him and sniff at such claims is the one you ask that question. It's evident that you don't know me.

In the Shaquiri thread I had a short discussion about what Shaquiri might cost in wages if he came here after some one had implied he would earn quite a lot after some searching on the internet even if consensus wasn't reached I decided the figures given in first instance were incorrect and much higher than the ball park. It was inferred that he earned over 100k a week however Stoke are known for running a tight ship and this just doesn't seem correct. It's a shame you didn't manage to follow and understand that dialogue. True at the beginning I said Shaquiri would in no way be worth over 120k a week especially if most of the time here he spent it on the bench (our wage structure wouldn't support it anyway) at that sort of money he would be a st team starter. (Btw it is discutable but it appears he earns a lot less than 100k at Stoke).

So now your asking me to justify Diouf (who I hardly remember and have never mentioned until now) on a thread where we are talking about loaning a player that essentially will cost us an arm and a leg. Lost for words, sorry!

There was a lot of stuff there that was pretty confused as it jumped from thread to thread and had little coherence.

I will just say this I have learnt that for me the best way to communicate on here is to try and keep it short and concise. This allows those interested to ask questions or formulate arguments over something simple. If I write with more substance the conversation tends to skip the main point and take tangents of irrelevance to the original post and hence of no interest to myself.
This Dembele thread is a classic example. My point of contention is that LFC will not loan a player earning the sort of money Dembele demands. This I have repeated a few times without much debate. Then I post an impression about what I have perceived from the little Dembele has played in the WC which is a very small sample size and look where we are now. ;-)

As I said you have confused many threads and posts together to question where I am coming from. I hope i have cleared some up and that you have understood why I take a certain 'attitude' to posting (we are not all shakespeares and in any case I didn't understand what he was trying to say anyway ^^). Some threads I follow almost religiously (for example the Fekir rumor thread). I understand the context of what's being written about. Others I just pop in to say hello and might reply or give an impression which could be out of context. I don't think I'm much different in that sense to other posters (although my major interests could be different.
There is always going to be disagreement over the quality, worth, attitude etc of players that's what happens. That's what happens on forums where degrees of knowledge, interpretation, preferences and opinions differ.

big noyd

looks like malcom to barca

haven't heard anything about an alternative to fekir, ojo appears to be going out on loan, and studge is featuring in a deeper central role

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.