• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Ozan Kabak (CB) Schalke 04

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I think the only way the Matip vs Gomez gets settled is if we lose Virgil for a run of games and they have each other to rely on rather than the best centre back in the world.

I for one would be very happy if this debate runs on forever.
Matip and Gomez worked pretty well together in the past. I like Matip, He's a very good defender who can play passes from the back. Not as good as VVD, but who is?

rab

Matip and Gomez worked pretty well together in the past. I like Matip, He's a very good defender who can play passes from the back. Not as good as VVD, but who is?
Exactly. I hope all our debates around centre back for the next 6-7 years are who is the best partner for Virgil or who is going to come and back up Virgil and Joe given they're the most dominant centre back partnership the league has ever seen.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I can't see this happening at all. The price is not right and even though I've never seen Kabak playing football, I doubt Klopp isn't happy with Gomez and Matip to the point of spending £30m on a young CB.

We didn't want to overpay for Lewis and went straight to a very cheap deal in the form of Tsimikas. I could see the same happening here. A £10~15m backup CB, either young or a bit older to play the same role as Lovren.

I think Gomez and Virgil will be together for a very, very long time.

vjcpatriot

Kabak sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Scouts compare his game to Sergio Ramos which is pretty high praise for the 6'1 defender. At one point Bayern was sniffing about Kabak but he and his agent decided he would develop better at Schalke. If the price is right, I would like to see this move happen. We could add more snarl and aerial presence to our defence. Kabak could be quite an impressive centerback for now and the future.

RodM

Why haven't we signed him yet!!!
Why haven't we signed any CB yet? It seems odd as I expected someone to be signed as soon as Lovren left. This lad seems to fit the bill but either Klopp thinks the Dutch lads are up to it or we really are broke.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
As things stand I don’t think we will sign new CB in this window.

If we need one we could buy in January.