Philippe Coutinho (AM) Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting a bit sick of reading about this all over the place so am just trying to tidy it up a bit.

Even if this is not going to happen it is clear members need an outlet for this. Clogging up other transfer rumor threads with this shit really isn't on.

Barça have apparently been offering us peanuts for our magicien. They are so far from the ball park that if it wasn't for this getting into every other thread I would be in hysterics over it.

The question is will Barça get serious with a starting point of what? 120 million euros?

MarcusBerglund

No way selling our best player, entering his prime years. Captaining Brazil in their last friendly showed how highly Tite thinks of him.
He is the second most popular player in his country after Neymar. Four years of patience, improvement and support for our brazilian genius and when he is making the step to world class player, scoring 13 goals /he scored 13 goals combined in two seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016/ and making 7 assists, no way to sell him.
I wrote in another thread that 120-130 mln. euro could not buy us player of Cou's quality. We will have to rebuild again, just like we did after the sales of Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, Sterling.
If we want to be successfull on the pitch, just keep your best players. That is a reason why Barca and Real never sell their stars and only add quality.
Barca know that Liverpool are club inclined to sell their best players /examples are the names above in my post/ and try to persuade us. We must hold firm and keep Phil not only for the coming season, but for the next 4-5 seasons, the boy just signed a long term contract.
We don't like RB's stance in Keita's purchase, but that is the right way if LFC want to gain some respect. Tell the catalan shit to fuck off and try with Hazard, Ali, de Bruyne, Tiago Alcantara or Verratti. Truth is that these players have signed contracts with clubs that are not seen as selling clubs in today's market, while we sadly have different image.
Time to change it or if the owners are not willing to do that, time to change the owners?

Last edited:

Dave-D

Liverpool are looking to spend big on players to take them to the next level, there is no way Klopp will then allow them to sell his best player especially after he had made it clear Coutinho is not for sale.

Then there's also the fact Coutinho says he is happy where he is. I'd be very surprised to see him in a Barca shirt come the end of the transfer window

big noyd

they make a real offer, maybe there's a real conversation to be had. but they're nowhere near

mac2005

unless the lad downs tools and wants away then this is going nowhere. would be totally counter productive for the club to sell any first team player this summer and even more so when we are finding it hard to get targets in. klopp is pretty adamant that he is going nowhere and id take his word over rumors.

RedSeven

On the one road
try with Hazard, Ali, de Bruyne, Tiago Alcantara or Verratti. Truth is that these players have signed contracts with clubs that are not seen as selling clubs in today's market, while we sadly have different image.
Time to change it or if the owners are not willing to do that, time to change the owners?
It would be great to hold on him and all our good players but when a player decides he wants to leave it's only a matter of time. The ones you have mentioned above are at their clubs because that is where they want to be,if/when they decide otherwise then they'll be gone.

If we fulfill his ambitions and keep him happy financially then there is a good chance he will stay,if not he'll be off.

Rarely, when a player decides he'd like a move,do his club manage to keep him more than another season.

gb1986

Bit of a slap in the face to Cou if the reason they want him is just to appease Neymar too.

Stay here and be worshipped or go to Barca and be Neymars baby sitter.

Incidentally, if he did go who could people see as a replacement? Lanzini at West Ham reminds of Phil a bit, not near his level yet though.

okocha10

Football Master
£100m + Neymar seems like a fair deal to me. We are selling our best player just to get their second best, or maybe even third.
So we need to close this thread until they offer something in that range.

Makati Red

Banned Users
Coutinho makes a world 11 for me as the number 8 how many other LFC players make a world 11

Think he would be close to unplayable in La Liga

Also am I only one on here who thinks Neymer is vastly overrated

Last edited:

Toro

Florida Red
Quote Barca a price of €222,000,000.

Bob

Back on topic, I doubt we would sanction a transfer of Coutinho for less than £150 million but our best approach to Barcelona is to simply say he's unavailable.

Scouser268

TIA Youth Team
I have mixed feelings about this one. Seems like the Leipzig Keita Liverpool triangle. We keep biding, when they're saying he's not for sale and we all expect him to come. Why not the other way around with Coutinho? I mean, we said no, but they're coming back with a improved bid it seems. Why is that, when it's clear he's not for sale? Who is giving them hope and information the case might be he is? Weird. Hope he stays.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I have mixed feelings about this one. Seems like the Leipzig Keita Liverpool triangle. We keep biding, when they're saying he's not for sale and we all expect him to come. Why not the other way around with Coutinho? I mean, we said no, but they're coming back with a improved bid it seems. Why is that, when it's clear he's not for sale? Who is giving them hope and information the case might be he is? Weird. Hope he stays.
Because Barcelona's bid for Coutinho is miles away from a fair valuation in today's market. Our bid for Keita is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.