Philippe Coutinho (AM) Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I tell you one thing. Suarez would have played the derby on Friday with full intensity (with the risk of getting injured) even if a medical at Barca was booked for Saturday. That shows what type of person Coutinho is.
That's not true. When clubs are negotiating over a player, they'll decide to sit a player out. It isn't the players choice.

GermanRed

That's not true. When clubs are negotiating over a player, they'll decide to sit a player out. It isn't the players choice.
So you think with Salah injured and Mané after the Ghana trip Klopp or the Club decided to sit Coutinho out?

I‘m 100% sure Suarez would have begged the manager to play the Derby.

macca1970

Thanks for the memories over the last 5 years. Came as a 20yo with huge potential, and leaves as a world class player. Would have prefered if the deal was done this summer, but not to be. I beleive that Klopp is the right person to take us forward, and use the funds wisely.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
So you think with Salah injured and Mané after the Ghana trip Klopp or the Club decided to sit Coutinho out?

I‘m 100% sure Suarez would have begged the manager to play the Derby.
Yep, they are negotiating a £140m deal, and not risking the subject of that negotiation is probably a given.

jaschwilli

LFC started 9 games this season without Coutinho
Got 20 points and a GD of 21:11

so thats 2.22 points per game.
and 2.33 goals scored with 1.22 goals received

LFC startet 13 games with Coutinho
got 24 points and a GD of 29:14

so thats 1.85 points per game.
and 2.23 Goals scored with 1.07 goals received

I am not afraid to lose him

macca1970

Some of these posts read as if it’s written by a teenage girl grieving from being a jilted lover.

Cuntinho. Really? Wishing a career threatening injury? Guys and gals, try to stay classy.

Elessar

IIRC we got more points a game when Gerrard didn't play one or two seasons. Stats like this is almost worthless because it don't show the strenght of the whole starting XI.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers

Doesn't probably show the whole picture. The strength of the teams isn't mentioned here neither are the defensive blunders being taken into account.

Anfield rd Dreamer

So a season reflection of;

84 points, 89 goals scored and 46 conceded without him (a record even better with City being away without him, by far hardest domestic game of season).

70 points, 85 goals scored and 41 goals conceded with him.

Noo Noo

Fair to say I think that coutinho has dug us out of a few holes during his time here. Turned a draw into a win or saved a point. We'll miss that most i think because we are still liable to get bogged down against certain types of teams.

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
So... can anyone explain to me what a contract is used for in football terms? It seems to me that they’re as useful as a contract in the normal world.
If LFC really wanted to, could they have just said nope, your not going? To which Cou would say ‘ok then I’m not playing’ to which LFC say, ‘that’s a breach of contract, we’re fining you or. not paying your wage’. The player then sits on his arse in a World Cup year until he gets his shit together and realises he signed a 5 year contract not a do wtf you like contract.

Too simple? I know, but that’s how it works in my head.

So... can anyone explain to me what a contract is used for in football terms? It seems to me that they’re as useful as a contract in the normal world.
If LFC really wanted to, could they have just said nope, your not going? To which Cou would say ‘ok then I’m not playing’ to which LFC say, ‘that’s a breach of contract, we’re fining you or. not paying your wage’. The player then sits on his arse in a World Cup year until he gets his shit together and realises he signed a 5 year contract not a do wtf you like contract.

Too many leprechauns playing in the shadows for a contract to be anything but a barrier to commercial interests; and what is his value then after we sit up tough? A lot less thats what, for an unhappy and demotivated player. In football, to me anyway, the first consideration - because of the gut required for the game - is the player wanting to be here. Klopp talks of this a lot too.

Anfield rd Dreamer

You feel better now?
Would have preferred this to happen in the summer of course but I'm ok with the deal. He's got an argument to be one of our best three players. He's great but doubt he'll ever be a "best in the world" type. Think they've massively over paid, we cope fine without him (maybe more naturally set up for Klopp when he doesn't play) and we should be able to massively improve with the cash.

K

Klopptinho

Suarez contributed 31 goals and 20 assists in the 101 goals season. After he left, we can only manage to score 52, that's 49 goals shy of the previous season. So guess where it all went? I like Sturridge, but his goals were replaced by some other players that chipped in like Coutinho and Sterling. So now we need to see how many has Coutinho contributed this season alone, and see the second half of the season we dropped as much in our goal output or not.
doesn't work like that ! studge scored 21 goals in 29 premier league games - that wasn't replaced with goals from elsewhere. we didn't have a player that scored 20+ goals in the league . in 2014 we lost 2 players capable of doing that .

We still have not replaced the leadership and winning mentality he had. We have been able to replace his goals but not his leaderhip and winning mentality.

I do hope that Klopp sign at least a couple of leaders and players that have a top class winning mentality for the Coutinho money.
A bit of a tangent, but I actually think we do have a winning mentality. Look at how the team plays football. They step onto the pitch and play football without fear, believing they can win every game. They play to win, rather than to not lose. That's a winning mentality.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
doesn't work like that ! studge scored 21 goals in 29 premier league games - that wasn't replaced with goals from elsewhere. we didn't have a player that scored 20+ goals in the league . in 2014 we lost 2 players capable of doing that .
Right.... forgot who I was talking to.

Trader

Been reading pages after pages and my Mrs is begging me to stop reading and do something useful. I can echo the sentiments of most of you. Am utterly gutted, disappointed, angry of how all this went about. The timing is the killer of it all as we're still competing in the competitions we're in. Definitely a mistake to sell now before any replacements brought in. The little git was so desperate he suggested to pay 13m to cover the shortfall that Barca couldn't afford, allegedly. This is really a huge kick in the teeth.
Completely no loyalty and we've handed late Xmas presents to all our rivals. It hurts like hell. We need players like him to provide the killer pass, score goals or unlock defences. During the Merseyside derby we were without him and Salah and honestly we didn't create many clear chances compared to if we had him on the pitch. This is what worries me most. Yes we did beat them but we should be destroying teams like Everton; not just win by a goal.
People have said were better equipped now as we still have still the fab 3 but I'm not overly optimistic.

Pls close this thread. I'm fed up...

Dutch

Fair to say I think that coutinho has dug us out of a few holes during his time here. Turned a draw into a win or saved a point. We'll miss that most i think because we are still liable to get bogged down against certain types of teams.
Correct, but it also fair to say, especially before Klopp, there were way too many matches where he was invisible.

I'm as empty headed as you not understanding how these contracts work. If it's so easy to break your contract then why have one in the first place. Coutinho signed a 5-year one with no buy out clause set in it and yet it's counted for nothing at the end of the day. Back in the real world you sign a contract and you have to adhere to it or suffer penalties being brought against you. Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - go and ask Coutinho.

Noo Noo

Correct, but it also fair to say, especially before Klopp, there were way too many matches where he was invisible.
Absolutely. In fact I've been very critical of his decision making and ball retention in the past. It used to drive me nuts at times.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

So you're saying we are better defensively with cuntinho