• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Philippe Coutinho (MF) Internazionale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/18/liverpool-bid-internazionale-philippe-coutinho

Liverpool have made their second move of the January transfer window with an £8m bid for the Internazionale midfielder Philippe Coutinho, though they may have to improve their offer to tempt the Italian club to sell.

Brendan Rodgers has turned his attentions to the 20-year-old, who has one senior cap for Brazil, having grown frustrated with Liverpool's prolonged attempts to agree a fee with Blackpool for Tom Ince. Inter have rejected Liverpool's opening offer for Coutinho but negotiations are expected to continue.

The Brazilian emerged amid much fanfare at Vasco da Gama and signed for Inter for €4m aged 16, though he remained in Brazil on loan until 2010. Coutinho has made only 28 league appearances for Inter, however, and spent the second half of last season on loan at Espanyol.

He has become frustrated with a lack of opportunity at San Siro and Liverpool are hopeful of adding the talented midfielder to the £12m signing of Daniel Sturridge before the end of the transfer window.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Happy to know we are going after players like Coutinho. Inter know what they've got though. Wild that we are approaching both he and Sneijder..speculative..

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Thought he was a left back?

Now we have another striker I'm not sure what we need next. Probably some good backup to Dagger/Skrtel and an attacking mid I'd imagine.

Not sure I'd be going for this bloke.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
No, he's an attacking mid. Very highly rated. Personally, I think left wing back is an absolute necessity . This guy would be a very interesting option though.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Must have thought that because I believe Rafa played him at LB back in 2010 at Inter.

RJK

We're linked to players we can both interest & afford at this current time. I doubt VERY MUCH we'll get SNeider with his wage demands, so lets go for a talented up n comer

Off_The_Heezay

TIA Youth Team
I remember watching him live a couple of years ago and being absolutely stunned by how good he was. If we're going for youth then this is the kind of player we should be looking at.

Rooster

What a hit son
Hope this transfer window ends a bit better than the last one. Sounds like we are getting serious.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Rafa got this guy firing for him during his short reign at Inter. But I do not know how he would compare up against his peers like Kroos, Dzagoev, Eriksen, Isco etc. It is clear that we need a no.10 sooner rather than later though and at least I am glad the club is looking into it.

(although, as some have pointed out, the 8M bid is suspicious due to a higher bid already being rejected.)

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Rafa got this guy firing for him during his short reign at Inter. But I do not know how he would compare up against his peers like Kroos, Dzagoev, Eriksen, Isco etc. It is clear that we need a no.10 sooner rather than later though and at least I am glad the club is looking into it.

(although, as some have pointed out, the 8M bid is suspicious due to a higher bid already being rejected.)
I'm not concerned with having bid 8m. It could be just meant to start the dialogue and indicate that, like Aston Villa, we aren't willing to overpay but are interested.

Inter may have been hoping to make more money out of the sale then what was previously bid but we have just indicated the general range we value him at. If we end up buying him, it will probably be after some haggling over price.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Few years Ago I would have been jumping out of my seat. I think we can get Ben Harfa for a similar price.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Now BA is gone and Newcastle are getting desperate with relegation looming sell them Carroll for 25 million.Get some revenge on them...Wishfull thinking .(pours another cherry brandy)

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Very promising looking player. Reckon the 8 million bid was to test the water and reckon if we get serious about him, we could land him for about £10 million - £12 million range which would till be a good bit of business considering the lad is only 20 and already made a bit of an impact.

Nice to see we are being linked with quality players, looks like we are getting serious this window!

TFC

TIA Squad Member

I think the AV bid was 10 million euro's, not pounds.

How would you compare him to Suso? They are the same age, is Coutinho ahead of him in terms of development?

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
if stalking on my Fifa transfer dealings in carrer mode is anything to go by, with this Couthino bid being the best example, them may I suggest FSG to bid for Marc Albrighton as well ? an absolute steal considering how he's been performing for me :lol:

1dragon

TIA Regular
I think the AV bid was 10 million euro's, not pounds.

How would you compare him to Suso? They are the same age, is Coutinho ahead of him in terms of development?
No idea mate. I have not watched him play of late.

But from previous matches, I would say Coutinho is more like Mata. Direct, pacy, good dribbling. Suso is more like Silva. Good touch, good brain, rely more on passing to get things moving.

Reactions: TFC

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
He is currently 20 year old. If we get him, what does that mean for Suso and Shelvey?
More of a threat to Shelvey than Suso. Coutinho is an AM, so is Jonjo, but Suso is more a CM. Another 20 year old? How about some experience for a change.

OhYaBeauty

More of a threat to Shelvey than Suso. Coutinho is an AM, so is Jonjo, but Suso is more a CM. Another 20 year old? How about some experience for a change.
I think Suso is an attacking midfielder much more than a pure central midfielder. He's much more David Silva than Xavi in terms of playing style.

Interesting to see Coutinho targeted, he's a good player but his development hasn't been quite what some had hoped. Still has a bright future and would be worth buying. Isn't he at Espanyol, though?

BrazilianRed

I think Suso is an attacking midfielder much more than a pure central midfielder. He's much more David Silva than Xavi in terms of playing style.

Interesting to see Coutinho targeted, he's a good player but his development hasn't been quite what some had hoped. Still has a bright future and would be worth buying. Isn't he at Espanyol, though?
He was at Espanyol on loan until the end of last season. He returned to Internazionale for the current season, but has struggled with injuries making only 11 appearances so far.

OhYaBeauty

That was last season? Wow shows how much I know.

What are the odds this has something to do with the Sneijder deal?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Does he play central, or can he play down the flank? Just wondering if he would be a signing in place of Ince and could be made alongside that of Wes....

The You tube vids i've seen dont show him passing, crossing or shooting much, just lots of close ball control and dribbling...anyone know how those areas of his game are?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'm asking the same thing, redfanman. He's a no. 10 blessed with excellent pace and everything that you associate with Brazilian attackers but he often drifted wide in games I've watched him play (most notably, to the left flank). We've already been "unreliable" linked with him after Rafa had left and I thought that he would have been an excellent signing. He's mightily talented and has Champions League and international experience. I don't know what this would mean for Suso and Shelvey, though, and it's a strange thing as we are seemingly interested in another no. 10 from Inter Milan. Perhaps Rodgers wants to convert Coutinho to a winger if he gets him? He certainly has pace, close control and dribbling skills.

RMP

TIA First Team
Does he play central, or can he play down the flank? Just wondering if he would be a signing in place of Ince and could be made alongside that of Wes....

The You tube vids i've seen dont show him passing, crossing or shooting much, just lots of close ball control and dribbling...anyone know how those areas of his game are?
He plays a bit like Deco. He can play wide but he definitely more effective in midfield.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
The thing about the Sneijder rumours... is that I hope we don't regret not buying Coutinho instead.

It's a gamble, with his injury history, although when we bought Aquilani there was also mention of the rather poor medical/physio treatment he had while in Italy.

The kid has the talent to be unbeatable and I really think it is his injuries that are holding him back.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
If BR is thinking of having Coutinho out on the LM then sure it spells the end for Downing even though he has been playing out right im sure sterling will be moved to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.