• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Phillippe Coutinho (LW/AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytinho

Although I really couldnt give a shit if this deal materializes or not, I think it could be worth the gamble. Think about it, Coutinho will have 2 main motivations: 1) Winning back the LFC fans, 2) Silencing the critics following the failed spell at Barca. So, right now it may be a stretch but, Coutinho could play the best football of his career if he returns to Liverpool

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Although I really couldnt give a shit if this deal materializes or not, I think it could be worth the gamble. Think about it, Coutinho will have 2 main motivations: 1) Winning back the LFC fans, 2) Silencing the critics following the failed spell at Barca. So, right now it may be a stretch but, Coutinho could play the best football of his career if he returns to Liverpool
I dont think the money is there for a deal like this.

Jaytinho

I think the money's there but the value isn't. Is that what you meant anyway?
That makes sense. To be honest, the value at the moment relies on what we have in that AM position, and we do have players there. Signing Coutinho would be a luxury

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think the money's there but the value isn't. Is that what you meant anyway?
Yes. If we really really wanted the deal to happen, then i think the money would be found to get it done. However, with the additional bonuses paid out this year, the probability we are working on a big deal for next summer, and the costs of the new training ground/stands, i think there is less money for non essential players than we would see in previous years - hence the Ornstein stories at the start of summer of a combined budget of £20m, and the recent links to players on a free transfer.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I have a feeling he'll end up at Spurs or maybe even United. I know he said he didn't want to go to United apparently but I feel like he's desperate to leave at this point. I hope he turns into an overpriced flop, don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him revitalize his career, just not with a direct rival. A little disappointed he's not coming back

Limiescouse

I could envision Spurs selling Erikson and bringing Coutinho in on a loan.
Selling Erikson to whom? He is in a bit of Fekir situation...he allegedly wants more money at a more prestigious club and a better chance to win things, but it seems there really arent many around. If he forces the situation he is likely to end up in a worse position

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Selling Erikson to whom? He is in a bit of Fekir situation...he allegedly wants more money at a more prestigious club and a better chance to win things, but it seems there really arent many around. If he forces the situation he is likely to end up in a worse position
That's true. Erikson made it known early this summer he wanted a new challenge, and I don't think anyone has shown any interest in him (probably mostly do to Levy's valuation of him), but has to be a bit disheartening that he thought he was good enough to move on from Spurs and he garnered no interest.

A bit similar to when he was still playing in Holland, we all knew his name for a few years before Spurs finally bit the bullet and bought him (for what was seemingly a bargain- and it turned out it was), but I remember everyone on here was surprised at the price tag and that more clubs weren't interested in him.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Would be a good deal for arsenal.
Might not be enough to challenge for the title but they are probably trying to outgun their competitors for the top 4. That would give them a platform again.
They are doing a bit of a Fulham though, but I rate Emery. Personally I think 3rd and 4th are up for grabs and with the lack of decent centre backs available maybe arsenal are just thinking they should focus on blitzing teams away.

Flobs

FADA
I thought Phil said he couldn't play for any other EPL team other than LFC. Must be us then! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.