• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Phillippe Coutinho (LW/AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think if he returns he'll be the first player out of the tunnel every home game... so that he doesn't see his teammates touch the this is anfield sign.

I'd love to have him back but it won't happen
I doubt he could reach it.... lol

Incognito

The Normal One

Limiescouse

Yes. Agreed. My point being that they didn’t strengthen. They knew Son was going to be missing, they knew a lot of players would be missing pre season due to World Cup, and they had to presume some would get injured as season progressed.
Because of that, they ended up struggling in the league and somehow got to the final of champions league.
They didn't struggle in the league at all. For 3/4 of the season they had a very credible attempt at keeping pace with a record setting contest and only fell away in the spring once they had nothing to play for in the league (no chance of winning, and already all but confirmed CL football).

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
If United wouldnt pay £80m for Eriksen they wont pay £80m for Phil.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Coutinho wants to stay in Spain and has turned down Spurs. UTD have pulled out of the Eriksen deal, he want's to go to Spain apparently. Spurs wanted 80M for him and were going to use that cash to bring in Dybala for 70M or a loan to buy Coutinho deal for 100M.
Will Coutinho go to UTD? I hope not because then every fucker will have told them to do one.
Off topic but Lukaku is reported not to have turned up for training and is about to be disciplined. Goldbridge is about to have a hernia on a live stream..............I'd love us to sign Fernandes (quality player) just to see him loose his bowel function live on Youtube.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Coutinho wants to stay in Spain and has turned down Spurs. UTD have pulled out of the Eriksen deal, he want's to go to Spain apparently. Spurs wanted 80M for him and were going to use that cash to bring in Dybala for 70M or a loan to buy Coutinho deal for 100M.
Will Coutinho go to UTD? I hope not because then every fucker will have told them to do one.
Off topic but Lukaku is reported not to have turned up for training and is about to be disciplined. Goldbridge is about to have a hernia on a live stream..............I'd love us to sign Fernandes (quality player) just to see him loose his bowel function live on Youtube.
#FSG OUT!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Kia (Phil's agent not the car) said in a recent interview that the only way Coutinho goes back to England is with Liverpool being the only destination. So to me, this whole offering to Arsenal/Spurs being the favorites is to try force Klopp's hand. BUT, agents are businessmen and some prime bullshitters, so in lots of cases, to them the size of the bag (cheque) is more important than their clients wishes. Its going to be an interesting next 24 hours.

Quotes from that TalkSport interview:

“I would be very difficult for Philippe to play for any of Liverpool’s rivals, because he has such a great affinity towards Liverpool. His time there was fantastic.
“Yes, but like all big players at some point, you want to experience a different thing in your career because your career is very short, but it [his Anfield exit] has no reflection on the fact his heart and affinity is very much with Liverpool.

“Obviously if he were to move back [to the Premier League], it would have to be Liverpool, but at the moment I think it would be difficult and it would be up to them.”

Balls in Klopp's court for me
Joorabchian talking to Talksport is not exactly Moses descending the mountain with the graven words in stone, is it? Joorabchian will lie to anyone, anywhere for the most modest of gains.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I'm really not that bothered about him returning. He is a great footballer no doubt, but I think he's a fair weather footballer, and I think that he will struggle in England at any other club. Spurs probably his best bet. Good luck to him.

I'd be more annoyed if other ex-reds were coming back to the PL, like Suarez or a few years ago, Xabi or someone of that quality.

Gilb4444

I'm really not that bothered about him returning. He is a great footballer no doubt, but I think he's a fair weather footballer, and I think that he will struggle in England at any other club. Spurs probably his best bet. Good luck to him.

I'd be more annoyed if other ex-reds were coming back to the PL, like Suarez or a few years ago, Xabi or someone of that quality.
do you not see Coutinho taking Spurs from outsiders to challengers? I don't want Phil back as it would halt Nabys progress but would certainly impact Tottenham for the Better (worse)

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
When a goal scorer tries to find his groove back, you don't bench him. He needs more encouragement and support, playtime is crucial for him to get his form back. I know a lot of people been talking about risk of injuries, but that's just part and parcel of the game. That risk is there whether you buy a player or not. Who is to say that the backup we got won't break his leg too after deputising a couple of games? I am not one to stop the club from buying players and buy quality players, but as I have said in the past that I have come to terms the way these owners operate. Not under any illusions that they would just give a blank cheque to the recruitment department after a big trophy or two.

I am not saying your worry is invalid, but for me that's just how it is with the owners and the way the club is run. Worrying about not plunging into the market won't make the upcoming season any less interesting. We have not fucked up yet, so all we could do is sit back and wait for the first match to start.
I disagree but that’s cool.
I hope I’m wrong.
I usually am.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
They didn't struggle in the league at all. For 3/4 of the season they had a very credible attempt at keeping pace with a record setting contest and only fell away in the spring once they had nothing to play for in the league (no chance of winning, and already all but confirmed CL football).
That had already lost 4 by December. And I’m not sure they just gave up because they couldn’t win the league. They were nowhere near good enough. They bottled pretty much every pressure game they faced in the league.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
That had already lost 4 by December. And I’m not sure they just gave up because they couldn’t win the league. They were nowhere near good enough. They bottled pretty much every pressure game they faced in the league.
City lost 3 by Christmas.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Coutinho played for Pochettino, so there's that as well, a manager who believes in him. Creativity shouldn't be a problem with him in the side, I'm just not sure where he'd fit tactically.
A much better dele Alli. Let's not sell Phil short here , with his long shots and other attributes , he can play both the eriksen role as well as replace dele Alli eaisly

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
A much better dele Alli. Let's not sell Phil short here , with his long shots and other attributes , he can play both the eriksen role as well as replace dele Alli eaisly
Not sure i see him play the Alli role better than Dele Alli, he's a totally different player. He might be a better player overall, but that particular role would have to change if he took over from him.

Gilb4444

Not sure i see him play the Alli role better than Dele Alli, he's a totally different player. He might be a better player overall, but that particular role would have to change if he took over from him.
What does Ali actually do in the team? I really don't get the hype over Ali. When he first came onto the scene he was scoring wordlies. Since then he is bang average who will provide you nothing more, nothing less than a 6/10 performance. Coutinho would be a massive improvement on him. I would worry a lot more if he joined the bottlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.