• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Phillippe Coutinho (LW/AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryBarlow99

Hypothetical question but if the Shaqiri rumours are true and Monaco are willing to pay £30m for him would you pay that to Barcelona for a one year loan of Coutinho and then pay £50m next summer to buy him permanently?

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Hypothetical question but if the Shaqiri rumours are true and Monaco are willing to pay £30m for him would you pay that to Barcelona for a one year loan of Coutinho and then pay £50m next summer to buy him permanently?
In a heartbeat , provided Phil reduces his wage demands.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I'm still holding out hope he's rejecting the rest of the PL teams hoping there's interested from Liverpool and we're likewise interested in him but holding out for the most favorable terms from Barca as they're clearly very keen to loan him. Seems like he's off one way or the other, wouldn't be surprised to see a late deal to any of the PL teams he's "rejected" sometime tomorrow before the window shuts.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think it certainly opens the door to a deal being done - who else would be available at short notice?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
We cant buy anyone after 5pm tomorrow but we can still sell to European clubs whose season hasnt started.

Dave-D

Sky Sport “claiming” Barcelona and Coutinho both favours permanent transfer with the fee set at 80 million.
I do wonder if Liverpool are waiting for that price to fall a bit lower and then take a punt on him

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Sky Sport “claiming” Barcelona and Coutinho both favours permanent transfer with the fee set at 80 million.
I do wonder if Liverpool are waiting for that price to fall a bit lower and then take a punt on him
I doubt it, that fee won't even be enough to cover the balance they still owe us at €93m which is about £86m. So fake news.....

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
If the fee is 80 mil, I can't see anyone in the PL but us or United being able to throw that sort of money around. If we really wanted him, and I'm not convinced we do, I imagine we'd be looking to pay no more then $70.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Could definitely see Barcelona selling Coutinho for around £80m. It more than covers what they still owe us (no more than £53m).

Have Spurs signed any full backs yet?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Could definitely see Barcelona selling Coutinho for around £80m. It more than covers what they still owe us (no more than £53m).

Sounds like they still want to bring in Sessegnon.

Dave-D

Sessegnon deal is expected to go through tomorrow

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I can believe that we’d be the only English he’d come back too
Nor me. I’m not sure what his game plan is. Wouldn’t surprise me if Liverpool wait until 4.45pm and offer something far less than Barcelona want. See how desperate they are to get rid.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Coutinho situation is of his own making. Far away hills turned out to be less green than he imagined. His value is only going down because it looks like his game time is going to be even more limited this season.
Let's hope the lesson is not lost on Sadbobmo.

Red2Red

If he had have came back, think he would have had a big point to prove to Barcelona and could have been a great addition to the squad. City manage to keep their big players happy, and hopefully we'll get a good run in the cups this season so plenty of playing time for everyone. But, Klopp knows this team better than anyone so if he doesn't think its a good idea, I'm ok going into the season as we are.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If he had have came back, think he would have had a big point to prove to Barcelona and could have been a great addition to the squad. City manage to keep their big players happy, and hopefully we'll get a good run in the cups this season so plenty of playing time for everyone. But, Klopp knows this team better than anyone so if he doesn't think its a good idea, I'm ok going into the season as we are.
I don't think we were ever in for him and I doubt Barcelona or his agent would even call us to ask if they could get a partial refund, after what they had done to us. He is also not a spring chicken so no chance. He is quality and would be a great addition for sure, we actually lack that direct freekick goals that he usually got us going. I certainly wouldn't want to see him in Spurs or Arsenal, he will improve them quite a fair bit. But window closed, he still in Barcelona. All good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.