• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Phillippe Coutinho (LW/AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Eh? We added a player that was at a level that he had to start even when our existing front three were available. Which player are you suggesting fits that criteria that we could sign? Whoever you identify I am not likely to object to signing him but at what cost and what happens to Bobby, Mo or Sadio?

Even when we signed Salah it meant that Firmino was on the bench for a third of those games where all 4 were available and when Klopp did play all four together it was a midfielder that missed out (hinting to our fewer number of world class midfielders).
Why does one of those 3 have to move on? Did we need to sell Coutinho because we had too many forwards? On Firmino that's a lawyers way of twisting it, he was hardly a rotation sub was he? Was Salah a guaranteed thing when we signed him? A lot didn't rate him haha including me.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Why does one of those 3 have to move on? Did we need to sell Coutinho because we had too many forwards? On Firmino that's a lawyers way of twisting it, he was hardly a rotation sub was he? Was Salah a guaranteed thing when we signed him? A lot didn't rate him haha including me.
I note your lack of suggestions as to who we could sign who starts ahead of our front three.

I didn't say any of the front three would need to move on but how do you play them all with another first choice forward and if you can't who misses out most often and would they be happy with that? Assuming we can sign the player who's better than them in the first place.

Klopp only managed to field all four of them together because Coutinho's more suitable to a midfield role than Firmino and our midfield options weren't good enough to exclude that as a 'solution'.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Honestly Dreamer, and I mean no offence here but it amazes me how you have the time and energy to keep this going. It feels like you have been banging this drum for weeks and weeks now. Not having a pop at you but its getting tiresome reading the same stuff day in day out.
I think I get it, you wanted more quality in the front line. It's not going to happen now so maybe enjoy the football instead starting with tonights final.

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
Don't feel bad @Anfield rd Dreamer; I understand the point you're making and I agree with it.

We should add a player as good as our current front 3, and Coutinho is one such player, so that we can rotate them all and give them all some rest and not be completely fucked if one of them gets an injury.

Jury is out on whether Klopp thinks Origi can be that player, or Shaqiri, or Brewster. But trusting relatively unknown quantities like them strikes me as risky business.

That all said, I think Origi and Shaq can offer something, but not enough to be constantly relied on to take some of the burden off our 3 main men.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Barcelona and Real Madrid have made unsuccessful offers for Paris St-Germain forward Neymar, says BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Neymar's former club Barcelona are believed to have offered 100m euros (£92.4m) plus Philippe Coutinho.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
In not bating you but you are bating redforever2014. Ffs you and a few others hounded him off the forum

Im done getting involved you and maybe should just have reported you for bating but the mods have enough to do
Maybe you should just put Iluvatar and Kopstar on ignore as you have been told to do repeatedly instead of always trying to get a kick in at every opportunity?

It's fucking tiresome.

Red over the water

I don’t have a long history here with previous, but I did see the RedForever2014 issue. He had a reasonable point, if that point was he’d like to see a bit more investment in the playing staff. Getting more specific many fans this past summer wanted a fullback and another to supplement the usual front three. Going beyond that there were more variances, but that’s where there was a groundswell of opinion, and redforever2014 was in that normative sort of space.

Where it fell apart a bit, as an observer, was that he went OTT with that viewpoint and started to see nefarious dealings from the owners in clipping the manager’s wings, and even nefarious dealings from the manager in happily not spending to improve his own financial reward. When you add in the fact that we just got 97 points and are European champions, the negative and oft-repeated comments about the set up behind the scenes started to seem wide of the mark, then it grated, then with enough repeat, a ban ensued.

I’m not a mod and I don’t know anyone here, and I don’t have a long history like some, but that’s what I saw.

Generally I wish we could steer clear of the bickering as no one looks good when it gets like that, and in terms of posting style, we do ourselves no favours when we can’t see another point of view, or appreciate nuance in certain situations.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I don’t have a long history here with previous, but I did see the RedForever2014 issue. He had a reasonable point, if that point was he’d like to see a bit more investment in the playing staff. Getting more specific many fans this past summer wanted a fullback and another to supplement the usual front three. Going beyond that there were more variances, but that’s where there was a groundswell of opinion, and redforever2014 was in that normative sort of space.

Where it fell apart a bit, as an observer, was that he went OTT with that viewpoint and started to see nefarious dealings from the owners in clipping the manager’s wings, and even nefarious dealings from the manager in happily not spending to improve his own financial reward. When you add in the fact that we just got 97 points and are European champions, the negative and oft-repeated comments about the set up behind the scenes started to seem wide of the mark, then it grated, then with enough repeat, a ban ensued.

I’m not a mod and I don’t know anyone here, and I don’t have a long history like some, but that’s what I saw.

Generally I wish we could steer clear of the bickering as no one looks good when it gets like that, and in terms of posting style, we do ourselves no favours when we can’t see another point of view, or appreciate nuance in certain situations.
He wasn't banned. RedForever2014 has always criticised the owners whether it be lack of ambition, lack of investment, incompetence, lack of transparency, allegations about syphoning off money etc. Some of these criticisms were fair, some had the hint of conspiracy theory.

During periods where there were legitimate (in most people's views) concerns about the owners approach or caution or whatever his posts were not out of place but when they continued during positive periods (which have become more frequent) then they began to smack of an agenda or vendetta and increasingly fell on deaf ears. No doubt unwittingly he's become the boy that cried wolf. I only hope that if the wolf does appear the fanbase will heed the warning signs but unfortunately its less likely to heed them from RedForever2014. As such his voice has become diluted, which I'm sure he found frustrating.

I hope he can get back to the football and rediscover his undoubted passion for the club.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Put the posters you don't like on your ignore list, and stop taking threads off-topic. You have been verbally warned several times, so it's a formal warning for you this time. Second warning means you get three points and two days off.

And now back to topic, everyone please.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Put the posters you don't like on your ignore list, and stop taking threads off-topic. You have been verbally warned several times, so it's a formal warning for you this time. Second warning means you get three points and two days off.

And now back to topic, everyone please.
We can't sign Phil anyway so lock time? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.