Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (CF) Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Maurice, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep!

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WooltonRed

WooltonRed TIA Youth Team

I won't get excited about this until he arrives in Blackpool for talks!! Take him on the Big One this time, with a donkey ride afterwards, that should close the deal. But this time, don't forget to speak to Dortmund before buying the Pleasure Beach tickets.

Red_Jedi likes this.
  2. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Couldn't agree more on this one, it would be frigging quick and intimidating. Everyone thinking of spending money on a LB also, I'm not ITK just my idea, if Gomez comes through pre season fit and has played good football then, I don't see us signing a LB, we'd be fine with Gomez/Milner in that position, I think that's what Jürgen has in mind. Though it's pointless trying to understand his brain.

3. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Could the link to PEA be as an alternative to Salah rather than an addition to?

4. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

In view of your most recent post in the Twitter thread, I think he might be. Instead of, that is, and not in addition to.

redfanman likes this.
  5. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

I would consider that an upgrade.

Actually, I would consider El Shaarawy for £20m over Salah for £45mil. Roma comply with FPA, we get a guy who can play LW and still has excellent pace and can score a goal too. And maybe he can being his old hairdo back?

Doesn't look like he had the explosiveness of a few years ago, but still pretty quick.

However, would get seriously excited about a front 3 of
    Insigne - PEA - Mane.
    Then
    Hendo - Çan - Çoutinho
    With
    Gaya - Sakho - Matip - Milner
    Karius

Bench
    Migs
    Clyne
    Lovren
    Lallana
    Wijnaldum
    Firmino
    Sturridge

And rotate in
    Markovic
    Moreno
    Origi
    Solanke
    TAA
    Gomez
    Grujic
    Ojo
    Ejaria
    Wilson
    Flanno
    Klavan
    Stewart
    Brannagan
    Kent
    Woodburn
    Ings

Are we deep enough at that point? When Moreno doesn't make the matchday squad?

redfanman likes this.
  6. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Wait a sec, who is this Taiwo kid on the first team page??

redfanman likes this.
  7. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

PEA is fricking ace, no doubt, and it seems like a very logical move, with all the other options fading for him - almost a bit too obvious, but why not. Would probably depend on the wages from PEA's point of view, no doubt that we would be able to increase heavily on his current ones - don't know if Dortmund are considering making a move in that regard, right now it doesn't look like it though....
    If we indeed end up getting both Salah and PEA this would almost be a bit of over-achieving in that department, but hey, who doesn't like lots of pace up front...Obviously Klopp know his strength and weaknesses, so I'm sure he has a plan, if the rumours are correct - at first thought it would mean a pretty drastic overhaul of our offensive strategy though imo, as Aubameyang and Firmino are very different type of players.
    Interesting...

8. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

This is the power of Klopp - PEA wants to come here BECAUSE of Klopp.

If this comes off, it will be the signing of the decade.

9. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Give me a break, as if.

10. Cologne-Liverpool

More likely than Mbappe though?
    Yeah, it would be a coup, no doubt - but if his options are to stay in Dortmund or go to AC Milan or us - maybe we have a chance?

FGred, eythor, redfanman and 3 others like this.
  11. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Mbappe approach seemed independent of Salah transfer given that one seems to be happening imminently, so I would say if - IF - we're serious about wanting to bring in PEA then I would say it's as a slightly more realistic alternative to the Monaco lad.

I wasn't sure he would, but with us also reasonably reliably linked to Lacazette as well, it does seem like Klopp is intending to bring in a new pacy frontman this summer. I'm interested to see where Firmino fits in assuming we do get one.

12. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Rule number one in negotiating a better contract, get your agent to drop the Liverpool target line. Anyway, it's taken us a month so far to do the Salah thing, for 35 million, so I don't hold hope, for a 70 million job. Anyway, we would be running out of transfer window, at our current rate.

13. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Not enough for me to believe in this story. Not an impossible deal though.

redfanman and Cologne-Liverpool like this.
  14. Zinedine Biscan

Yet he looked set to move to PSG before they pulled out seemingly due to the current uncertainty in Qatar?

15. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but there is not one credible source that gives this link or rumour any credence at all. The only thing for those wishing this happen to hang on to is none of the credible sources have rubbished the story either YET

Be an amazing signing but until Reddy, Joyce and Co say its possible its very unlikely to happen

16. Zinedine Biscan

Is Le Parisien not remotely credible, then?

17. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Except for the people who first started saying we were signing Benteke (weeks before) and Sakho (over a month before) well before the local journos said anything.

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  18. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

You put too much stock in journalistic influences. You need to learn not to rely on them too much, seriously man. The press aren't always the first ones to the game.

19. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

The situation needs to be looked at from a larger point of view to me. Not just PEA.

Ronaldo may move or stay at Real.

Morata will probably leave Real.

United want someone.

Griezmann is staying at Atletico.

Mbappe may move from Monaco for mega money.

PEA is all set to leave Dortmund and they seem resigned on this.

PSG have just abandoned all activity and closed up shop.

Chelsea want someone.

Lukaku is on the move.

Personally think Lukaku and Morata will move to United and Chelsea but not sure which way round. Ronaldo will probably stay at Real with some form of payment. Real will sign Mbappe this year or next. Will they have room for Auba? If they sign Auba this summer will they wait on Mbappe meaning someone could steal in this window?

We could end up with neither Mbappe or PEA but I think we are well placed to land one or the other depending on what else happens this summer. What's promising is concrete links to big targets so we have the financial backing!

20. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

Would Dortmund pay him anything close to what he could get from us?

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  21. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

They were bang on the money last summer with Gini and Mane

22. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Unlike VVD and Naby PEA is for sale at the right price as he has told BVB he wants to leave and I believe they had a gentlemans agreement not to stand in his way this season if he gave them one more season.

So he will is a player for sale just like Salah is but VVD and Naby are not for sale

23. Genius

Genius The Somewhat Normal One

If this happens. Imagine a line up with him..mane and salah.. the only way to stop these 3 is with a speeding camera

24. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

Boom!
    Tbh, id have him over mbape because he has been a top player for more than 3 year.
    Please Please i hope this happens. This guy would make us worldclass and we would be a deadly force not only in europe but also in the league. We are talking of a 30+ goal scoring CF here!
    75million euro is a steal tbh!

Scott Jones likes this.
  25. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

VVD was for sale until we pissed on their shoes.

redfanman and RedSeven like this.
  26. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

Can you imagine our bench? Lallana Firmino. Not to mention one of Can/Wini. We would have a volatile front 5 !! and once can easily swap with anyother!

Genius likes this.
  27. GermanRed

GermanRed Well-Known Member

You know I think we could easily buy PEA or Lacazette. Money is available, wages should be no problem, we can offer CL, I don't think the players would be reluctant to join LFC

BUT I just don't think we are even interested to buy another striker.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  28. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

According to that video Salah and PEA are the 3rd and 4th fastest players in Europe and Mane is only 11th

redfanman likes this.
  29. Zinedine Biscan

Echo's live transfer updates thread recently posted a vid of all his 31 BL goals this past season (got top scorer, incidentally). I was actually very encouraged by the sort of goals he scores... ie, all sorts. While his pace clearly makes him a massive threat on the break (and combined with Mane and Salah that's a tantalising combination), he's also completely clinical in and around the box. Basically any saves or rebounds that fall to him, it's a goal. So many seemed to simply be him knowing when and where to be in exactly the right place to score - and that's a quality we're badly in need of.

Much of the time last season it seemed like we made an awful lot of chances (obviously there are exceptions, especially in the Jan/Feb slump), but often our problem was, despite Firmino's quality, he isn't a natural striker and hence quite wasteful of the scoring chances that fall his way.

It isn't too hard to imagine PEA in those situations immediately getting twice as many goals as Bobby in the same situations, and hopefully we're even improving on the creative side this summer as well.

30. Cologne-Liverpool

Yep, many people reduce him just to his pace, but he's also a pretty brillant poacher in front of goal, often has the right instinct and timing and pretty decent headers.

FGred, redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.