POLL: YOUR FAV SCOUSER OF THE EPL ERA

Who is your favourite HOME GROWN HERO?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Sweeting

Gerrard for me. I was 13 when we won in 05 so he was my hero.

Although I do have a funny story about Robbie Fowler (I may have told it before, I forget). He had just left Leeds United and signed for Man City, so must have been 2003. My dad was out on a Friday night out and by chance bumped into Fowler at about 11pm. Fowler was absolutely rotten drunk in this club. My dad, being the annoying man he is, asked him for an autograph addressed to me and handed him a beer mat to write it on. Fowler wrote... "To Michael. Fuck Off. Robbie Fowler."

Next morning my dad was excited to show me the beer mat. He, like me, found it hilarious - Robbie is God he can do no wrong. My mum on the other hand did not find it funny at all. She disposed of the beer mat and has hated Fowler ever since. Even mentioning his name makes her start muttering about how "fucking rude" he is.

As for Fowler, he showed was a true member of the Liverpool 90s team by playing for Man City the day after despite his drunken night out.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Fowler all day long for me. So naturally gifted and played like he was playing with his mates. Legend.
This may be go down well with a lot but to me he's a much more likeable person then Gerrard.
Lucky it's only EPL era, otherwise Gerrard wouldn't get into the top 5

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, Kelly doesn't even have a Scouse (or that strong) accent.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Any of the first four.

Any order. Legends, all of them

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Hmmm if this is redone in a few more years I like to think Trent may get a lot more votes than he will get now.

Carragher is as pure scouse as scouse can be an desereves proper consideration (he was also a lot better player than I think he was given credit for). Also a one club servant counts for a lot.

Fowler was the most naturally talented player you could wish to play for us. Its a shame his career wasn't half as good as it could have been.

Mcmanaman won't be as popular as his ability and his long service at the club should have made him. He will always have a soft spot for me as my first real football idol. I loved the team and was aware of a few names but he was the first player who made me connect with them and therefore the club.

But cliche as it may be for years Gerrard was the man who carried us. We'd have occasional world class players come in for few seasons here and there during our mediocre period but he was always there, consistently a world class player. Gave pretty much his whole career to us. Captain and at times one of the best players on the planet. Has to be him at this stage, hopefully Trent has a good enough career to inherit the mantle.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Hmmm if this is redone in a few more years I like to think Trent may get a lot more votes than he will get now.

Carragher is as pure scouse as scouse can be an desereves proper consideration (he was also a lot better player than I think he was given credit for). Also a one club servant counts for a lot.

Fowler was the most naturally talented player you could wish to play for us. Its a shame his career wasn't half as good as it could have been.

Mcmanaman won't be as popular as his ability and his long service at the club should have made him. He will always have a soft spot for me as my first real football idol. I loved the team and was aware of a few names but he was the first player who made me connect with them and therefore the club.

But cliche as it may be for years Gerrard was the man who carried us. We'd have occasional world class players come in for few seasons here and there during our mediocre period but he was always there, consistently a world class player. Gave pretty much his whole career to us. Captain and at times one of the best players on the planet. Has to be him at this stage, hopefully Trent has a good enough career to inherit the mantle.
Not the other way around?! ;)

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Carragher: spat at a kid (funny how everyone derides Diouf for spitting at an adult in the heat of a match but Carra’s spitting at a kid in the street barely gets a mention)

Fowler: injuries restricted his career but he still didn’t make the most of his almost supernatural talent. Too busy larking about half of the time.

Gerrard: threw a wobbly (and a punch or two, by all accounts) just because he didn’t get his way.

TAA: all-round good egg.

The rest: didn’t do enough, in my opinion.

Therefore, Trent gets my vote. And there’s a lot more to come from the lad, too.
(y)

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Can I say the Rooney's?

their fucking comedy gold!

Not Worthy

Gerrard is the obvious choice . Trent's time to come; so much, so young and still so grounded !

As for Jodie Comer; she, KJT, me and half a pound of orgy-butter would produce my favourite scouser of the Premier League era.

(I omitted Sam Quek from my scenario because with my heart condition and these ankles, I thought it wise on health-grounds).

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Gerrard is the obvious choice . Trent's time to come; so much, so young and still so grounded !

As for Jodie Comer; she, KJT, me and half a pound of orgy-butter would produce my favourite scouser of the Premier League era.

(I omitted Sam Quek from my scenario because with my heart condition and these ankles, I thought it wise on health-grounds).
She's busy anyway.