Post Match - Arsenal 2 Liverpool 0

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Disappointed with the performance our muddied was totally dominated and we never created any great chances. Arsenal were impressive

sanjay_sai_rpt

Klopp the shit outta every team!
I would have preferred starting with Coutinho and subbing him in the second half, rather than bringing him late... Lucas and Gerrard were just invisible sometimes... there was no connection between midfield and attack... we looked lost 90% of the time....

sanjay_sai_rpt

Cissokho woule be a better LB than a LWB... Enrique is definitely a better LWB; we missed johnson today...

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
liverpool_for_life said:
We were outplayed... bit naive from Rodgers...
How was it Naive by Rodgers? Explain what you'd have done differently?

sanjay_sai_rpt

mattyhurst said:
You see I don't even think we were outplayed we just didn't create enough
Really? I never saw our midfield control the game... we were just chasing them most of the time... that is what i call outplayed..

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
too many of our players did not perform. we had a few decent chances but it wasn't meant to be - not today.

anyway, lets look forward to the next game.

we are still in a good position.

work in progress.

poor squad depth was glaringly obvious today.

well played Arsenal.

jabu

TIA New Signing
our midfield has been very very bad all season (except agaisnt west brom), if we fail to make top four it will be because of our midfield... i never thought i would say this, but out dear captain looks a tad slow and when lucas is struggling, its pretty much all she wrote....

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Logical result. We deserved nothing from this game.

On the evidence of this game, Arsenal are for me genuine title contenders, while we are now firmly put back at our place (6th-7th in the league in terms of quality).

Disappointing, but not surprising at all.

sanjay_sai_rpt

SoueysTash said:
How was it Naive by Rodgers? Explain what you'd have done differently?
Knowing Arsenal's style of attack, the holding MFs could have been Henderson and Lucas, or even throw in Allen to the mix... Basically, using a midfield due that lacks pace and presence against a team that is built using midfield shows naivity.

VictoryInSight

Tactical Genius... at least on Football Manager
Got killed in midfield, not just in numbers but gave Aaron Ramsey attacking freedom to run into our defence.

Rodgers made a HT gamble to try open up the match but it failed. Still don't understand why he wouldn't play either Sturridge or Suarez in wide positions because we lack width. Not happy with the tactics.

sanjay_sai_rpt

Hope in your heart said:
Logical result. We deserved nothing from this game.

On the evidence of this game, Arsenal are for me genuine title contenders, while we are now firmly put back at our place (6th-7th in the league in terms of quality).

Disappointing, but not surprising at all.
True, the regression to mean has started to happen. As we start facing more of the top 6 teams, we ll know our teams real qualit.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Well beaten. Midfield was poor - not helped by loosing Glen and Enrique out wide. No options but disappointed with the attitude once we lost the second. Need to sort our heads out and fight for the next few results. Winning is a habit

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Where was Gerrard and Lucas? We are use to carrying one midfielder but two?
We were meant to have fresh legs compared to Arsenal playing in two other competitions with lots of injuries!
Got it wrong tactically with the formation and Flanagan selection.
We were poor today and Arsenal deserved to win. Full stop!

BUT...

20 points from 10 games is still fantastic and to be top 4 challengers we need to learn from these days!

LiVeRp0oL89

Quite simply, we need more quality, especially in midfield. Sign a goalscoring midfielder and an attacking wide forward in January. Need more bodies to push on.

rippedshorts

TIA Regular
Lucas went missing for both goal. The first goal, he didn't track the run from midfield by Cazorla (arguably). But the second one was simply horrible... A gaping goal, right in front of the center of the box...

sanjay_sai_rpt

liverpool_for_life said:
Knowing Arsenal's style of attack, the holding MFs could have been Henderson and Lucas, or even throw in Allen to the mix... Basically, using a midfield due that lacks pace and presence against a team that is built using midfield shows naivity.
Even flannagan... if you want to give a youngster a chance, throw Henderson to RWB and give Luis Alberto a CM chance... See how most Arsenal attacks in the first half were from the left...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
In hindsight, the 352 was the wrong way to go. Rodgers changed it at half time and I thought he got it spot on. What he couldn't have accounted for was the rather lame way we played as individuals. Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho would have got us a couple there had they been on form, I think Arsenal looked quite stretched when we got the ball forward quickly and held on to it.

A shambles at the back and in midfield though. Lucas and Gerrard were exposed, Henderson didn't really do anything and the defence was rather all over the place.

Agger and Coutinho to start against Fulham in a 433/4222 formation please.

Oh, for all the talk of Flanagan being the player we had to worry about, he applied himself pretty well tonight. Not a right wing back by any stretch of the imagination but he tried his best to convince us otherwise. The seniors let us down tonight.

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
should have started with a strong attacking player formation as flamini was out and we had enough technical attacking players in moses and coutinho.

Instead he rather play flanno who has been out for so long just because he is so afraid of arsenal. And cissoko has been like that for so many games. Rodgers should have known wenger would exploit it. Rodgers after 2-0 subs showed he already knew that was the best formation. he lacked balls and its not good for our club. Our manager needs to sort his belief first because the players are clearly affected by his fear of arsenal with that crazy defensive setup.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Not strong enough in the middle. Been a problem all year but this lot were better placed than most to exploit it

They are in better form than us as well so not too suprised we were coshed a bit today

Next week though is the game we can't chuck points away. Fulham at home. This one was a bridge too far

koptician

We'll go again!
With that midfield we were up against we were bound to cede possession and space. But not tracking them near our box caused the problems. the longer we could keep it at 0-0 I felt the better our chances would have been. Cliched but the first goal was crucial, had Henderson picked that pass to Sturridge we'd be talking a different game. Oh well. Still third and we played without both our starting wingbacks who are very important to our game both offensively and defensively so we'll take our medicine and move on. Good to see Phillippe back and hope Johnson gets well sharpish!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
liverpool_for_life said:
The thing that let us down today wasn't the system it was the performance of the midfield trio, how this translates to the manager being naive is beyond me.

BR made all the right moves in the game, the right subs came on - it was performance that was our limiting factor.

Definitely the area of the pitch that needs funds.

Lucas was appalling today, Henderson should have buried that chance when the Arsenal defence parted for him - Gerrard, the mans a ledge but he wasn't at the races today.