Post Match - Arsenal 2 Liverpool 0

dxb_red

costared said:
Not convinced it was the tactics at fault. One down at half time due to a schoolboy error by a full back who made a basic mistake.
Main problem is we have to many players who are not good enough for a top 4 team. Take out the CB's and the 2 strikers and we have very little left.
yes, you are right...if we take out our 3 cb's and our 2 strikers we are left with very little...6 players to be exact...

only joking, but i do disagree with your point somewhat...whilst some of our players are lacking in quality, i dont think the formation yesterday helped us at all...in fact, i think wenger would have been positively gleeful when he saw our line up yesterday...

Muad

TIA New Signing
I know most people love Henderson, but frankly apart from a good work rate I still don't see what he offers. But yesterday I would have put the responsibility squarely on Rogers' shoulders. Why start a player completely lacking in creativity, pace or incisive passing ability as your no. 10?

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
theres always tommorrow said:
It was Hendersons "rabbit in headlights" moment when he found the field suddenly opening up in front of goal. If you watch Gerrard he breaks down the middle in support and when the move collapses he throws his head back in dejection.
Stevie is very obvious in his body language, and he's been done this for so long.

Trouble is as the teams captain he shouldn't be. Henderson advances on goal and it completely opens up for him. He gets caught in two minds and ends up making a mess of it. He looks round and sees Gerrard - a player he probably hugely respects - pulling the most dejected 'look what I have to work with' face. What does this do for his confidence?

I've often said about Gerrard, phenomenal player, questionable captain. He needs to show more encouragement and leadership to the youngsters. He should have been straight over to Hendo with an arm round the shoulder and an encouraging word. It doesn't matter if he's thinking ”ya fucking tit”. One way will coax a better performance from Hendo and one will do the opposite.
Muad said:
I know most people love Henderson, but frankly apart from a good work rate I still don't see what he offers. But yesterday I would have put the responsibility squarely on Rogers' shoulders. Why start a player completely lacking in creativity, pace or incisive passing ability as your no. 10?
Did he play a 2:1 midfield rather than a 1:2? I was struggling to see from the TV coverage.

dxb_red

wow, there is some serious knee jerking going on at the minute...yesterday we were going strong, and all of a sudden we're shit and all our players need to be sold...

a little perspective goes a long way...we lost to the league leaders away from home...it happens...lets not forget that Arsenal were recently held to a draw by West Brom, the same West Brom that we beat 4-1 last weekend...and title favorites Chelsea were beaten 2-0 yesterday by Newcastle, who have been utterly shite lately...it fucking happens...there is no doubt that we are improving, but those of you thinking we were title contenders were deluding yourselves, and you need to lay off whatever it is you've been smoking...the aim is to build a team that can get into the top 4, at which point we can strengthen the squad an push on, but to get there our main objective is to control the amount of points we drop...you only drop points when you lose a game you should have won, ergo we didnt drop points yesterday...had we taken anything from that game, it would have been a bonus...in my opinion, our next four games, against Fulham, Everton, Hull and Norwich are all far, far more important than yesterdays, because these are games we have to win, and that is where we are going to drop points...so lets just accept that we were outplayed yesterday by the better team on the day, and lets move on...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Thought I was negative.... man, we are not going to get anything out of the top teams and we have to come to terms with that. Our team relied upon aging Gerrard to lead us in midfield. All this talk about Henderson's ability to play in any position, hard working and so on does not give us any comfort when it comes to a game where we need a creative spark. Lucas all the talk about him being our defensive lynch pin turned out he needed Henderson and Gerrard to cover for him, not so great after all. Gerrard's legs are gone. He did well pressing high up in the first 20 mins, and that's it. Once he dropped off pace, the whole team dropped off pace.

Let's be realistic. We don't have the talent in the middle of the pitch that could rival the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. We may even find it hard to go up against Spurs as we had against Southampton. We relied on Suarez and Sturridge to make things happen. We are still a team that needs individual brilliance, much like how we were against West Brom. If Suarez did not get that brace in the first half, we would not be able to do what we did easily last week.

So let's not go nuts and calling us disgusting. We all know we have limitations, it is clear for all to see our midfield is very weak and no game changer in there at all. We hyped ourselves up, and paper over the cracks in our midfield since the first game. Now let's not get carried away next match and say we going to trash Fulham and such.

BhupendraS

TIA Squad Member
jimbo said:
It's very clear we need midfielders. At least 2.
Would really have liked to take Gareth Barry for a season maybe we should have got diame from west ham as part of Carroll deal. someone with an engine!
A pish performance yesterday - a lot of players went missing, or just had an off day.
Lucas didn't, in my opinion, provide enough protection for the back 3.

Why Brendan didn't start with Coutinho is a mystery.
We needed creativity, or even a winger like Sterling.
By the way, his young Raheem still having women trouble?
Or is he injured?

In terms of an alternative for the midfield, I really think that Diame could do a job for us as a defensive midfielder.

Onwards and upwards.
Fulham home next - no pissing about playing chicken at the back and lots of goals for us please lads = 3 points.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
SoueysTash said:
After EVERYONE was praising the midfield last week? Looked like we'd cracked it with Henderson playing central...ridiculous statement unless you're using hindsight (which you are.....)
This. There was a forum wide wink fest last weekend after the amazing performance by our midfield. Maybe it's not so much our amazing players more who they're up against?

We lost to a very good Arsenal team. TBH, the way they can play and the squad they have, we did well to only concede 2 at their place.

The negative for me is that 352 requires 2 very mobile and tallented attacking wingbacks. Effectively then we played 332 as neither of ours have the pace, tallent or engines to fulfill the roll properly. Should have started with 4 at the back.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Mascot88 said:
Did he play a 2:1 midfield rather than a 1:2? I was struggling to see from the TV coverage.
In terms of default starting positions, as observed from an Arsenal goal kick, we were playing a 1:2. However, towards the beginning of the game Gerrard was particularly keen on pressing players with the ball, but often failed to win it back due to the lack of coordinated pressing from teammates. The result was what often looked like a 2:1.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
WrinkledMind said:
I thought we looked decent in the first half, in spite of being a goal down.So the change (though positive) was not exactly needed.Looked too soon or you could call it naive of BR.
Would have made sense to bring in Kelly/Agger for Cissokho instead.He looks a poor player and I cannot wait for Enrique to come back.

As for us needing midfielders--well its a known fact.And Joe Allen is not the answer.

We were in a way lucky to come with a 2-0 defeat.Could have been more.
why did we even have joe allen in the first place?

dxb_red said:
wow, there is some serious knee jerking going on at the minute...yesterday we were going strong, and all of a sudden we're shit and all our players need to be sold...

a little perspective goes a long way...we lost to the league leaders away from home...it happens...lets not forget that Arsenal were recently held to a draw by West Brom, the same West Brom that we beat 4-1 last weekend...and title favorites Chelsea were beaten 2-0 yesterday by Newcastle, who have been utterly shite lately...it fucking happens...there is no doubt that we are improving, but those of you thinking we were title contenders were deluding yourselves, and you need to lay off whatever it is you've been smoking...the aim is to build a team that can get into the top 4, at which point we can strengthen the squad an push on, but to get there our main objective is to control the amount of points we drop...you only drop points when you lose a game you should have won, ergo we didnt drop points yesterday...had we taken anything from that game, it would have been a bonus...in my opinion, our next four games, against Fulham, Everton, Hull and Norwich are all far, far more important than yesterdays, because these are games we have to win, and that is where we are going to drop points...so lets just accept that we were outplayed yesterday by the better team on the day, and lets move on...
I think the proper word should be outfought tactically.

lfc.eddie said:
Thought I was negative.... man, we are not going to get anything out of the top teams and we have to come to terms with that. Our team relied upon aging Gerrard to lead us in midfield. All this talk about Henderson's ability to play in any position, hard working and so on does not give us any comfort when it comes to a game where we need a creative spark. Lucas all the talk about him being our defensive lynch pin turned out he needed Henderson and Gerrard to cover for him, not so great after all. Gerrard's legs are gone. He did well pressing high up in the first 20 mins, and that's it. Once he dropped off pace, the whole team dropped off pace.

Let's be realistic. We don't have the talent in the middle of the pitch that could rival the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. We may even find it hard to go up against Spurs as we had against Southampton. We relied on Suarez and Sturridge to make things happen. We are still a team that needs individual brilliance, much like how we were against West Brom. If Suarez did not get that brace in the first half, we would not be able to do what we did easily last week.

So let's not go nuts and calling us disgusting. We all know we have limitations, it is clear for all to see our midfield is very weak and no game changer in there at all. We hyped ourselves up, and paper over the cracks in our midfield since the first game. Now let's not get carried away next match and say we going to trash Fulham and such.
I still can't believe for all the money we spent on the midfield, we still can't get ourselves a midfielder that is not one-dimensional.

ptt said:
This. There was a forum wide wink fest last weekend after the amazing performance by our midfield. Maybe it's not so much our amazing players more who they're up against?

We lost to a very good Arsenal team. TBH, the way they can play and the squad they have, we did well to only concede 2 at their place.

The negative for me is that 352 requires 2 very mobile and tallented attacking wingbacks. Effectively then we played 332 as neither of ours have the pace, tallent or engines to fulfill the roll properly. Should have started with 4 at the back.
I wasn't really wanking at the midfield's performance though. Last week was more of SAS' brilliance..

dxb_red

ptt said:

couldnt agree more with everything you've said...our 2 wing backs were wasted players, and in fact they hindered us because Arsenal crowded the center of the park and forced us to play it out wide time and time again, and our two makeshift wing backs posed no attacking threat whatsoever so it made it very easy for Arsenal...we would have been better playing 451, but even then it would have been difficult to stop them scoring because they are a very good side...

also, everyone is talking about our weakness in midfield, and i agree that it needs work, but in my opinion we need an injection of creativity, not a holding midfielder...yesterday Arsenal played with 4 creative midfielders, and we had none until half time...aside from Coutinho, who do we have that can spot and deliver that killer pass?? that is where we need to strengthen...defensively, we are pretty tight when we get the formation right, and had it not been for that wonder strike by Ramsey we wouldnt have conceded in the second half after switching to 442...if we had a cazorla or an ozil, or even a rosicky, we would be much more balanced in the middle...

Reactions: ptt

Bobbinho

Mascot88 said:
Stevie is very obvious in his body language, and he's been done this for so long.

Trouble is as the teams captain he shouldn't be. Henderson advances on goal and it completely opens up for him. He gets caught in two minds and ends up making a mess of it. He looks round and sees Gerrard - a player he probably hugely respects - pulling the most dejected 'look what I have to work with' face. What does this do for his confidence?

I've often said about Gerrard, phenomenal player, questionable captain. He needs to show more encouragement and leadership to the youngsters. He should have been straight over to Hendo with an arm round the shoulder and an encouraging word. It doesn't matter if he's thinking ”ya fucking tit”. One way will coax a better performance from Hendo and one will do the opposite.

So, you advise me to go take a walk, feed the ducks....calm myself down & get some perspective....yet somehow...you have taken that one moment whereby Henderson broke forward with the ball when neither Suarez or Sturridge made themselves available for the pass.........Hendo finds himself unwittingly heading into the box & still no show from either Suarez or Sturridge he panics pulls the trigger & fluffs his lines but Gerrard gets canned because of his body language/reaction....

How in the hell did you manage to read Gerrards mind......? how can you come out with such a sweeping criticism of Gerrard's leadership qualities based on your interpretation of what was in his mind at that time....?

You talk with such authority, that you make it sound like this was the proof that you have been waiting to pounce on to justify your criticism of our long term captain, did it cross your mind that Gerrard might have been pissed off with our forwards for exposing Hendo by way of not making themselves available for the pass...? Do you think Gerrard would not speak to Hendo after the game to re assure the guy that shit like that happens sometimes..? I happen to think that the reason for Hendo's' improvement probably is down to Gerrard breeding confidence in the lad....& i bet they are actually mates behind the scenes, maybe just maybe Gerrard at that point in the game just realised that this was going to be yet another game where some of our players were not going to be playing at the level they did the previous week....

& as far as im concerned that was exactly what happened yesterday....

Must be pretty frustrating for Gerrard to have to keep witnessing these type of antics from certain players around him esp when he knows that he can do little to change or impact the game IF certain players go awol.....i mean he had enough on his plate trying to cover for Lucas who was yet again found to be wanting.....

Suffice to say i think your criticism of Gerrard's leadership qualities to be way OTT and very knee jerk in the extreme, something you accused me of last night.....

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
I don't get the abuse our central midfield is getting. They were outnumbered 5 to 3. Do the maths people :( We were overstocked at CB and stuck with 2 strikers. The midfield was therefore short of numbers. Tactical error by BR

Please don't read this as me saying they were great, they weren't but none of them are superman either.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
zagueiro said:
I don't get the abuse our central midfield is getting. They were outnumbered 5 to 3. Do the maths people :( We were overstocked at CB and stuck with 2 strikers. The midfield was therefore short of numbers. Tactical error by BR

Please don't read this as me saying they were great, they weren't but none of them are superman either.
The manager was out managed, and the players were out performed, out thought and out fought by a far better side.

grooveshark

Banned Users
dxb_red said:
couldnt agree more with everything you've said...our 2 wing backs were wasted players, and in fact they hindered us because Arsenal crowded the center of the park and forced us to play it out wide time and time again, and our two makeshift wing backs posed no attacking threat whatsoever so it made it very easy for Arsenal...we would have been better playing 451, but even then it would have been difficult to stop them scoring because they are a very good side...

also, everyone is talking about our weakness in midfield, and i agree that it needs work, but in my opinion we need an injection of creativity, not a holding midfielder...yesterday Arsenal played with 4 creative midfielders, and we had none until half time...aside from Coutinho, who do we have that can spot and deliver that killer pass?? that is where we need to strengthen...defensively, we are pretty tight when we get the formation right, and had it not been for that wonder strike by Ramsey we wouldnt have conceded in the second half after switching to 442...if we had a cazorla or an ozil, or even a rosicky, we would be much more balanced in the middle...
Rodgers always plays Henderson because of workrate.

Coutinho got in and at times he looked like a player struggling for fitness.

When playing 3-5-2, Arsenal had joy on the wings, immediately BR switched to 4-4-2, Arsenal pressed, upped the tempo. You could see a second goal coming from a mile away.

The team doesnt have quality at DM or CM, and the two preferred players lack pace so the moment they get tired they drop back. Those two areas need sorting before this team can achieve balance. Over the first 9 games, there havent been teams that could so surgically carve the team apart, Arsenal however were something else and this is considering that they did not have Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain, Podolski on their bench.

As eddie has put it, prior results have papered over the cracks, Sturridge, Suarez and Mignolet have been the only people standing between dropped points and wins.

Against the big boys everyone needs to step up, and yesterday most didnt.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Surprised to see that more people aren't moaning about Coutinho. He was woeful, almost as woeful as the captain, he offered us nothing and kept using the ball poorly. Personally, i think he flatters to deceive. Want to see more end product from the fella.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
mikeypezza said:
Why is Kelly suddenly not afforded time to settle or get match fitness like the rest? I don't think anybody would argue Kelly isn't leaps and bounds above Flan, Flan is absolutely aweful, despite admitedly having an alright game today.
I'm not suggesting he doesn't have time to settle 'like the rest' I'm saying that had he played against Arsenal at the same level he did against West Brom - we'd have been in a far worse position. Playing Flanagan over Kelly did not lead us to lose the game by 2 goals and is a moot point in terms of the performance.

mikeypezza said:
your reply has no revelance to my points, as it critiques a sole performance from which the entire team was outplayed off the park. I was replying to the extreme idiotic drivel from other fans e.g 'gerrards past it' were carrying him' nut job subspecies comments.
What I responded to was:

mikeypezza said:
jordan henderson, what a useless player, ran rings by arteta an rosicky. Can't recall our midfield being so out played since we played Valencia a long time ago in the uefa cup. Still it could have been worse, Joe Allen could have been playing.
I disagreed with your assessment of Hendersons performance as I felt he played better than both Lucas & Gerrard (in that order...)

mikeypezza said:
Lucas, was player of season not long ago, gerrard is simply the greatest player we have ever had an easily the best midfielder in the side, which stats still reflect, comparitively in the prem also e.g TOTS. An the other is Jordan flippin Henderson.
Just because Gerrard is one of our greatest players - it does not make him immune to criticism similarly, Henderson who's shown some real guts since his overpriced move doesn't deserve lambasting when he was probably the best of the three yesterday.

mikeypezza said:
Far too much over reaction to getting beat to the best manager the prem has ever seen.
3 EPL titles, 4 FA Cups & 4 Community Shields versus Ferguson - get a grip.

Redemption5

Gerrard has great qualities but the cost is control in midfield. His legs were almost entirely gone there yesterday.

Anyone think Rodgers is compromised by Gerrards status at the club? (Almost undroppable). Therefore he will be a starter until he either breaks down or his form tanks so visibly that there can be no arguement.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Redemption5 said:
Gerrard has great qualities but the cost is control in midfield. His legs were almost entirely gone there yesterday.

Anyone think Rodgers is compromised by Gerrards status at the club? (Almost undroppable). Therefore he will be a starter until he either breaks down or his form tanks so visibly that there can be no arguement.
I'd like to think Rodgers would drop him if there was a better option, he certainly did with Carra - not the same as Gerrard of course but similar

weetabix

TIA Youth Team
Rodgers seems to lack the guts to take Gerrard off when things are not going well. Several times at the start of last season and several times this season he should have been subed off. Allen should have come on for him yesterday.

We showed last week how good we can be if we press the oposition, but yesterday we stopped doing that after they scored the first and we never really looked like getting anything from the game after that.

Need to bring Agger back next week, go back to 4 at the back, pray that Johnson is fit and Fulham don't go sack happy in the week. All that said, still in a good position and signs of impovement there overall :)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
SirBillShankly said:
Surprised to see that more people aren't moaning about Coutinho. He was woeful, almost as woeful as the captain, he offered us nothing and kept using the ball poorly. Personally, i think he flatters to deceive. Want to see more end product from the fella.
I am surprised you didn't mention Suarez and Sturridge. Afforded time to get back to the team when a player like Lucas had been injured, this is his first game back and you expect him to perform like Messi?

Lucas

I think this still summarises our midfield yesterday, look at how far behind they are, and how they fail to track back for Cazorla's goal.

kopite1982

SirBillShankly said:
What is wrong with you? Are you serious? The guy has been in the prem for less than 12 months & frankly been a revelation since he joined. You could see when he came on last night the difference he made considering hes been out for 6 weeks. People need to get a grip in here. We lost to an arsenal side probably playing the finest football in europe and over the last 10 years & we were missing our number one full backs... We are joint second and still ahead of both manchester clubs.

Some of the bullshit in here is rediculous. Get behind the team, win or loose. We lost yesturday to probably the next league champions imo. There midfield is hundreds of miles ahead of us and probably anyone in the league.

Roll on fulham at home. Ynwa

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I agree there is no such thing as a player who is "undropable ". even steven gerrard. but before replacing gerrard, you need to factor 2 things L
1. the player you are introducing can do a better job football wise ( run better, pass better, tackle better, shot better, whatever ).
2.you have a player who can take over the mental influence gerrard has on other players.

gerrard is the team captain, the leader. he is the one responsible the players don't give up and break down, after being a goal or even2 goals down. we do not see this clearly from the stands or on the TV, but it is there, and should be taken into consideration.
i, like many other, have seen a lot of teams that after concedinga goal, and were outplayed, simply break down. this hasn't been the case with liverpool, and some of credit lies with gerrard.
in his absence, who would rally the team up , keep them together ? lucas or skrtel ? somehow i doubt it.

again, i don't think gerrard is immune from crtcism, and should be replaced or even rested once in while, when needed and possible. i am saying that not having him oin the field creates a lot more problems that should be addressed.

Suarez7LateralIncisor

TIA Regular
Hendo worked hard and I thought did ok. The one point that summarized him for me was in the first half...he did greatjob winning possession and started dribbling at their defense. Their defenders all gave way to him. Not sure to fear of what he'd do to the ball but due to their understanding that he really can't hurt you with the ball. The defenders stayed with our danger men, Hendon dribbled all the way to the 18 before ssomeonecame close to him and then he passed it to their keeper.

When countinhi came on he was just off with a number of passes but will be vqck in full soon. I'm looking forward to some offensive ability in the team

t34m43

I think this game was a reality check to a lot of fans. We do have a fantastic front 2 in Suarez and Sturridge and I think at CB we are amply stocked too, however our formation is not yet set, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 require specific types of players to fit the roles. This is especially highlight in wide areas, where the forwards and wing backs are OK and there is a distinct lack of depth when get injuries. The back ups available are unknowns or have question marks over their heads. The midfield dynamic is also a real mess, in my opinion Henderson should only play in the position Gerrard occupies. He is not a finisher and when he got into that position 9 minutes into the game yesterday, he looked lost. Playing a box to box game he would fit in well supporting Lucas and making short Brenden Rodgers at Swansea style passing moves. The debate about Lucas is well documented so I will not go into it. To sum up we are very much a work in progress and need to pick a formation and stick with it.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Lucas said:
I think this still summarises our midfield yesterday, look at how far behind they are, and how they fail to track back for Cazorla's goal.
We started by pressing them high up the pitch. It's a great way to play against Arsenal if you've got the players who can get and up and down quickly but we don't have the energy or mobility to do that over a long period of time. Up until this point we had looked the better side but we were always going to be vulnerable to exactly this situation. Gerrard and Henderson got caught high up, the CBs are deep, the wing backs are wide and in the middle you have poor Lucas, never the quickest, trying to cover half the pitch on his own. In the picture he is surrounded by 4 Arsenal players.

I thought we might have set up a bit deeper from the off, sat Gerrard alongside Lucas, pulled Suarez back a little to play off Sturridge rather than alongside him and tried to keep things much tighter, not because it's necessarily the best way to play against Arsenal but because it's probably the best way for us to play against them.

SirBillShankly

lfc.eddie said:
I am surprised you didn't mention Suarez and Sturridge. Afforded time to get back to the team when a player like Lucas had been injured, this is his first game back and you expect him to perform like Messi?
I don't expect him to play like Messi, of course that would be unrealistic, however, i expect him to use the ball a lot better than he did, to create chances for our strikers. Is that really asking too much?

Doggie

Resident Optimist
t34m43 said:
I think this game was a reality check to a lot of fans. We do have a fantastic front 2 in Suarez and Sturridge and I think at CB we are amply stocked too, however our formation is not yet set, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 require specific types of players to fit the roles. This is especially highlight in wide areas, where the forwards and wing backs are OK and there is a distinct lack of depth when get injuries. The back ups available are unknowns or have question marks over their heads. The midfield dynamic is also a real mess, in my opinion Henderson should only play in the position Gerrard occupies. He is not a finisher and when he got into that position 9 minutes into the game yesterday, he looked lost. Playing a box to box game he would fit in well supporting Lucas and making short Brenden Rodgers at Swansea style passing moves. The debate about Lucas is well documented so I will not go into it. To sum up we are very much a work in progress and need to pick a formation and stick with it.
Totally agree with this.

The 3-5-2 works well when having Enrique and Johnson, but Cissoko and Flannagan are not up to it when facing the likes of Arsenal and decent wing backs.

We were much more comfortable in the 4-4-2 and if Rodgers had chosen that or 4-2-3-1 from the start then it would have been a different result.

All said with the benefit of hindsight of course lol

Bottom line is we made mistakes and were not good enough against a side that played to their full potential.

No biggie losing at the Emirates, but it gave the doom and gloom merchants something to whinge about.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
SirBillShankly said:
I don't expect him to play like Messi, of course that would be unrealistic, however, i expect him to use the ball a lot better than he did, to create chances for our strikers. Is that really asking too much?
He over hit his through balls a few times, and that is as far as we had done being creative. Not sure what more would you ask for? I would ask our regulars to step up more than just someone who came back from injury. To me, it is way too much to ask from Coutinho to play a blinder in his first game back.

SirBillShankly

kopite1982 said:
What is wrong with you? Are you serious? The guy has been in the prem for less than 12 months & frankly been a revelation since he joined. You could see when he came on last night the difference he made considering hes been out for 6 weeks. People need to get a grip in here. We lost to an arsenal side probably playing the finest football in europe and over the last 10 years & we were missing our number one full backs... We are joint second and still ahead of both manchester clubs.

Some of the bullshit in here is rediculous. Get behind the team, win or loose. We lost yesturday to probably the next league champions imo. There midfield is hundreds of miles ahead of us and probably anyone in the league.

Roll on fulham at home. Ynwa
I thought Moses was far more impressive when he came on. Coutinho has wonderful technique, looks good when he has the ball, however, i prefer an attacking player who actually creates and scores goals.

I'm more impressed with Liverpool players who have an end product. Call me old school.