• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 15/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Gomez

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 83’]

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 61’]

• Salah [off 83’]

• Firmino [off 61’]

• Mane [GOAL 20’]

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • Minamino [on 61’]

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Keita [on 61’]

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Shaqiri [on 83’]

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
To open at full time

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

@Hope in your heart I’VE GOT THIS MATE!!!

Incognito

The Normal One
As long as we'll win the league again next season because we got our 'preseason' right, I couldn't care less about the record points. I seriously hope it's all part of the plan, the way it has always been when we have looked not going gung ho in all our games throughout the season and it felt this might not be effective in the long run, but eventually it did.

Not sure if too much can be read into the performances. The lack of concentration and sharpness is something that needs to be changed, but doubt that's a permanent thing.

Let's hope we perform when it'll matter. Bit frustrating from our perspective, but human nature to drop performances when the thing at stake is just records, which might matter to us fans more than the players (apparently).

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
I think we got ourselves the new Voronin. And Ox and Firmino please !!!.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I really thought we would live up to our level of standard but no, the boys have no fucking effort at all
It’s not about the effort. It’s just two really, really fucking braindead mistakes. They control the game, but you can’t fucking offer gifts like that on a fucking plate.

And I don’t care if we have won the league. Van Dijk and Alisson’s fuck up would be unacceptable in a pre season friendly.

phil smith

May as well give the kids a run out in the next two games. Really poor quality throughout the team. Robbo and Mane were the only ones to show any class. All those corners but not a thing from them. Think Ox and Origi definitely need moving on close season. Shows how much we need Henderson in the team.

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
It’s not about the effort. It’s just two really, really fucking braindead mistakes. They control the game, but you can’t fucking offer gifts like that on a fucking plate.

And I don’t care if we have won the league. Van Dijk and Alisson’s fuck up would be unacceptable in a pre season friendly.
They didn't have any attacks in the whole game. That we lose the game 2-1 is beyond me.

Flobs

FADA
That really is tyhe most frustrating type of match. 10 times better than the opposition yet we score relax too much and make the most stupid errors ever.

Klopp has to get in the market for leaders. Our Vice-vice captain and Vice-vice-vice captain couldn't lead a lemming. Really dissappointed with how VVD and Wijnaldum lead the down fall.

Just frustrated this isn't Liverpool.

auzziez

It was our own wrong doing that lost us the match. Not arsed about the two conceded. The fact that we could have scored a lot but didn't hurts.... a lot.

If I was a Liverpool player going back home in that bus with Klopp, I would seal my arse with PVC seal before boarding the bus.

Had enough chances to win the game but we're wasteful.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
The cookie must have kicked in. I swear I just saw that we lost to Arsenal 2-1 with 40-2 attempts and 80% possession.

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
An absolute joke of a game. :LOL:

Good chances now that we will finish below our 97 points of last season. Can't be really arsed now the game is finished. It's annoying to miss out on the 100 points record, but no-one will remember this in a few months. The most important thing was to finish champions, and to get that monstrous 30-years old duck off our collective backs. That is done, and the rest are just little details.

I'm sure that this bad run of games will be a reality check for Klopp and his team too, which can't be bad ahead of the new season. Drop off a few percent, and that's what happens. A good stinging lesson for (almost) no charge.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Are we supposed to be worried about next season already, or is this meaningless?
My concern is if the front 3 aren't on form who from the bench is coming on and making a difference up top? I really don't want to see origi here next season. We need much better. Brewster found form at Swansea but thats a lot of pressure for a youngster.