Post Match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 15/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Gomez

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 83’]

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 61’]

• Salah [off 83’]

• Firmino [off 61’]

• Mane [GOAL 20’]

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • Minamino [on 61’]

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Keita [on 61’]

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Shaqiri [on 83’]

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FGred

Keep reading about how teams now know how to beat us, wtf, apart from our loss to Man City, the other teams have parked 3 double-decker busses and relied on us not finishing our 20+ chances and then them being able to score goals with the 2 or 3 chances they create or in Arsenals case, we create.

This isn't really tactics it's relying on luck!!!
In the 70s and 80s we had players who could hit the ball from 30 to 40 yards and score against those sort of tactics since Coutinho left we have sort of lost that capability but Fabinho could be that player if he practiced a bit?

Flobs

FADA
In the 70s and 80s we had players who could hit the ball from 30 to 40 yards and score against those sort of tactics since Coutinho left we have sort of lost that capability but Fabinho could be that player if he practiced a bit?
Coutinho was 18 yards.
Fabinho, VVD, AOC and Trent can fire them and are youngsters look more than ready to do that. Oh and if Salah didn't faff about so much he's quite handy at 15 to 25 yards. It's not that we can't it's that we don't and that is worrying.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Coutinho was 18 yards.
Fabinho, VVD, AOC and Trent can fire them and are youngsters look more than ready to do that. Oh and if Salah didn't faff about so much he's quite handy at 15 to 25 yards. It's not that we can't it's that we don't and that is worrying.
Yeah but also remember that Countinho used to try it too much in games and agree we do have the players but it's getting that right balance. If you don't have the option in your team to hit the 'screamer' from outside the box then you can't pull teams out of their shape.

I think we've discussed this before but we need to be more flexible when attacking these type of teams and formations. as we seem to always play around and down the flanks rather than quick, one/twos through the middle.

Flobs

FADA
Yeah but also remember that Countinho used to try it too much in games and agree we do have the players but it's getting that right balance. If you don't have the option in your team to hit the 'screamer' from outside the box then you can't pull teams out of their shape.

I think we've discussed this before but we need to be more flexible when attacking these type of teams and formations. as we seem to always play around and down the flanks rather than quick, one/twos through the middle.
our biggest problem is reverting to the long ball to Salah when 'under pressure'/behind. It's getting and keeping that balance that keeps defenses 'honest' that's important. I still feel we have too many players that slow the game down or don't take the incisive but more risky pass vertical instead passsing sideways and backwards (not something I want to see all the time but often we work hard to move defenses get them moving out of possition so they have to start pressing hard and instead of adding pressure with a slick ball through we pass back to VVD (which inturn helps a disorganised defense because they can come out pressing higher and then reorganise.
... and yes we have discussed this on a few occassions. ;)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
To be honest up to the break in the games we were struggling we weren’t creating enough, Ath Madrid game booked that trend and it’s now gone the other way, saying that I’m not going to bother worrying.

Fabinho’s against Palace is the only 30 yard screamer I remember most go into row z without a crowd it seems.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
waited a couple of days to gather my thought/ to show reaction after the game. I, along with many others was massively disappointed with the result. I think, we really hate it when we lose, because I think most posts on this thread would have been somewhat along these lines, “ at least, we didn’t lose and the records to try for are still viable “. It’s unfair to take it out on this team. They have played well, especially over the last 2 years to win big, big trophies. Yes, the game was there for the taking, but we gifted it to them. I hate it when we lose a game, but I have to accept and understand that our players are not robots and they have their own feelings and emotions, which are not the same as ours when we watch games. It’s difficult to see/understand/ (at times), but we have to accept it. Most of us ’live’ in our own little bubbles , but seem to think that others are also living in the same bubble. We all have a strong passion about our club, with the levels of passion varying from fan to fan, but we like to think our own passion level is the strongest of all. I know I am rambling on a bit here, but looking for compassion/solace to accept that we can also lose a game. Knowing we already won the league in record time dampens the pain of losing somewhat.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
waited a couple of days to gather my thought/ to show reaction after the game. I, along with many others was massively disappointed with the result. I think, we really hate it when we lose, because I think most posts on this thread would have been somewhat along these lines, “ at least, we didn’t lose and the records to try for are still viable “. It’s unfair to take it out on this team. They have played well, especially over the last 2 years to win big, big trophies. Yes, the game was there for the taking, but we gifted it to them. I hate it when we lose a game, but I have to accept and understand that our players are not robots and they have their own feelings and emotions, which are not the same as ours when we watch games. It’s difficult to see/understand/ (at times), but we have to accept it. Most of us ’live’ in our own little bubbles , but seem to think that others are also living in the same bubble. We all have a strong passion about our club, with the levels of passion varying from fan to fan, but we like to think our own passion level is the strongest of all. I know I am rambling on a bit here, but looking for compassion/solace to accept that we can also lose a game. Knowing we already won the league in record time dampens the pain of losing somewhat.

To be fair,i'm enjoying everyone outside of LFC having a wankfest over us losing or drawing these games lately,games that in theory don't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things,i feel it's giving the teams around us this sense that we are on the slide and they've gotten much better,at a time when the competition is over,let them all carry on busting their balls to win games,while we physically and mentally rest our players,ready for next season.

GaryC

Good point. We need a bit more variety in our attack to mix them up. Bobby used to do 1-2’s with Coutinho through the middle before we switched to our FBs attacking. Add in the long range bombs from Fab and Ox and we will be devastating in attack.