Post Match: Aston Villa v Liverpool (ELC 17/12/19 7.45pm)

Lad of the Match

• Kelleher

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Hoever [off 82’]

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Boyes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Van den Berg

• Gallacher

• Chirivella

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Christie-Davies

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Kane

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Longstaff [off 65’]

• Hill

• Elliot

Votes: 59 89.4%
  • Bearne [on 65’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norris [on 82’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Great effort from the lads. They can hold their heads high. For some of those boys, it's the start of things to come. For others, it may be the pinnacle of their careers. As much as I dont care about the League Cup, I take a lot of joy just seeing the youngsters pull on the red shirt and make the most of their opportunity.

Weve been blessed with memorable results and performances the last 2 years, but the league cup has given me one of the most memorable during this period. That win over Arsenal, with the squad made up of youngsters, many of them scouse, will live with me for years.

As for today, Elliot continued his impressive form. As happy as I am about the Minamono signing, today made me wonder if we didnt just put a road block in front of Elliot and indeed Harry Wilson. Hoever also impressed immensely.

The likes of Kane and Chiravella who were the eldest statesmen of the side did ok, but I didnt see anything to make me think they'll make it.

As for everybody else, Vanderberg included, far too young and raw to judge. But give them a few years, who knows?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Finishing and goalkeeping was the difference. Our kids easily played the better footballer.

Midfield 3 probably put themselves in the shop window tonight and Elliot/Hoever looked a cut above talent wise, no real surprises.

Glad they never got a proper drubbing, that performance didn't deserve it.

Magnus

We can't complain, no one in our team ever gave up, they all tried until the end. Aston Villa obviously deserved to win, but we all expected that and this is a very good opportunity for learning. On another day, the result may have been far, far closer, given the strangeness of the two first goals.

Anyway, we should not complain too much at all.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
'Liverpool have to win the Club World Cup'
Alan Hutton
Former Aston Villa defender on BBC Radio 5 Live
Liverpool have put all their eggs in one basket. It's time for the main team to push on and come back with the Club World Cup now. They've got to go out there and win it.

What the hell is this shit?

Plamen

I cant complain about the performance.The result doesnt look good but we created good chances but unfortunately the finishing was missing.Elliot impressed me the most.He is a baller.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I am so proud of our youngsters tonight. They deserve a huge Kloppo hug.
They will learn alot from this match tonight. ,They were put into the deep end in a ruthless league, by no fault of their own which FIFA created.

Elliot is going to be a superstar under Klopp. He will definitely get into the first team soon.

So pleased for the travelling kop supporting our young lads. The lads needed it.

5_0 is not a bad deficit. We lost 6-1 against Stoke with our senior team once, in the league.

Aston Villa manager was very kind and gracious shaking hands with our youngster, appreciating them. He knew it was a tough ask for these teenagers. Some who are still at school.

LFCFFC

Alan Hutton
Liverpool have put all their eggs in one basket. It's time for the main team to push on and come back with the Club World Cup now. They've got to go out there and win it.

Few too many knocks on his egg head I reckon.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Alan Hutton

Wow. Alan Hutton........words fail me.

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member
As for today, Elliot continued his impressive form. As happy as I am about the Minamono signing, today made me wonder if we didnt just put a road block in front of Elliot and indeed Harry Wilson. Hoever also impressed immensely.

The likes of Kane and Chiravella who were the eldest statesmen of the side did ok, but I didnt see anything to make me think they'll make it.

As for everybody else, Vanderberg included, far too young and raw to judge. But give them a few years, who knows?
Inside every one of us is a special talent waiting to come out. The trick is finding it.

Harvey Elliot found his.

NZred

The Red From NZ
I know he's still very young, but I am yet to see a single second of play that convinces me Sepp is any good.

Flobs

FADA
Disappointed we didn't score and they scored so many and how easy they looked when they did score.
Some of the football we played was great and promising even if infront of goal there appeared to be a tendance to overcomplicate. Villa in the 1st half were standing off so some long shots would have been nice to see.
Shaky central defense was to be expected, it's where experience plays the major role. Wouldn't write off any of those 17-18 year olds. Elliot and Hoever clearly above the others but I liked what I saw from Christie-Davies as well.

Werder4life

Feel very sorry for the kids - to harsh a scoreline for the match they delivered. They above all were very unfortunate.

Showed great ability , just lacked the final ball / cold blood in front of goal and were shaky in defense in the first half.
Still did the club proud.

Elliot my motm. Will be a great as soon he puts some end product onto all thos swag moves =D

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Alan Hutton

I think Hutton should be more concerned with Villa beating Southampton than Liverpool winning the CWC.

Scenes when former Liverpool u23 superstar Danny Ings scores a brace to beat them on saturday.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Why so many names on the MOTM poll? Two choices, everyone in a Liverpool shirt and the travelling Kop.

So proud of these boys/men. And our fans? From where I was sitting in a bar in the Canaries it sounded like a mix tape or special European nights at Anfield.

What a great club (in depth) we have.
Let’s go on and win the CWC and see where our youngsters are when we have to defend it.

COYR YNWA

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
For me, I wasn't looking to see how talented or composed our boys were. Playing against grown, experienced players they had no chance to show how good pr bad they are. The only thing they could show, and they have done so in a magnificent way, is character.

so proud of the lads.

RodM

Actually rather enjoyed that in spite of the scoreline. Elliott looks fucking immense - if he is this good now how will he be in a couple of years?

Also put Hoever and Kelleher for MotM - the latter more for the second half.

Impressed by the effort all around - looking at the stats they dominated large parts of the game. A couple of the goals conceded were down to bum luck. There were errors due to inexperience but that's to be expected.

I hope we get to see some of these lads again before the end of the season.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
It was a shame that early Kane chance didn't go in. We were well on top then. Could have been interesting had we gone ahead. What really impressed me was how similar the set up and approach was to the first team. We were very brave on the ball and off it too, pushing right up. Probably a bit naive against this quality of opposition but it was good to see we didn't sacrifice any principles tonight.

5-0 looks bleak on paper but it doesn't tell the story of the game. Every one of them can be proud of that performance. It was worthy of a Liverpool team.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
Just a word on VdB, particularly his speed...

I have seen with my own eyes what a laser focus on running can do for you. The captain of my AFL team, a bull by the name of Patrick Cripps, was described as a bit of a plodder when he started. He ain't no plodder now...

The bloke for a while spent his pre-seasons (admittedly 4-5 months in AFL) working on his running technique/efficiency etc. For a couple of years he even hired a running coach using his own moolah. I'm not saying he is Usain Bolt, but his speed has markedly improved since he was drafted.

tl;dr it can get much better, and I'm sure an organisation like LFC will leave no stone unturned with regard to VdB's conditioning to make sure it does.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
The scoreline does not tell the story,a bunch of 16 yr old kids did themselves and LFC proud in this game.
Showed heaps of character,never gave up,that will do me for a bunch of kids pitted against senior players,and some serious bellends in that lot too.
Elliot MOTM for me,he keeps going like this he has a fantastic future ahead of him.
They all showed some promise but Elliot stood out!