Post match: Barcelona v Liverpool (UCL 1/5/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

• Matip

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 55 41.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Milner [off 85’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78’]

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Keita [off 24’]

• Mane

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Salah

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Henderson [on 22’]

• Firmino [on 78’]

• Origi [on 85’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libero

Why is everyone wanking over Messi's performance... We all know he is a little genius but honestly we did a good job to shut the little man down... He got a lucky goal (His reaction for it was unreal) and scored a wonderful free kick. Apart from that I think we actually nullified his threat to a degree.

Anyone that has watched him in the past has seen better games from the little maestro... Don't get me wrong, he is phenonmenal but this game I think we actually stopped him playing his game...to an extent.

This article in the times is really interesting and you should read it... this for anyone that has played the game before is not easy to do and it describes his true brilliance very well.

I honestly think he could play to about 40... he could easily reinvent the DM position like Pirlo did as he gets a bit older.

If your brain still functions in football, your body will adjust I would love to see him drop deeper as he ages and start to play in the middle of the park... he did it a few times against us... he can literally play in any position on the field.

Having said all that. Fuck barca.

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
So... No Mo and No Bobby....
I'm guessing Ox gets there....

Studge
Divock Ox Mane
Hendo Fabs

There is a little hope still....but to be honest.... Arghhh!!!!
To come all this way, only to to be missing two of your best.

Wilkored08

Let's play reverse psychology with Barca...tell them we have no strikers, we have no-one able to score, we can't see anyway of scoring....this way they can put out their second team again....the hit em with all the goal scoring, firing power we have...I wonder...I wonder...(as the words and thoughts go all wavy, as if in a dream)...

RedLar

Why is everyone wanking over Messi's performance... We all know he is a little genius but honestly we did a good job to shut the little man down... He got a lucky goal (His reaction for it was unreal) and scored a wonderful free kick. Apart from that I think we actually nullified his threat to a degree.

Anyone that has watched him in the past has seen better games from the little maestro... Don't get me wrong, he is phenonmenal but this game I think we actually stopped him playing his game...to an extent.

This article in the times is really interesting and you should read it... this for anyone that has played the game before is not easy to do and it describes his true brilliance very well.

I honestly think he could play to about 40... he could easily reinvent the DM position like Pirlo did as he gets a bit older.

If your brain still functions in football, your body will adjust I would love to see him drop deeper as he ages and start to play in the middle of the park... he did it a few times against us... he can literally play in any position on the field.

Having said all that. Fuck barca.
I fucking cant stand the little cunt. That's just me though. I hate stars being singled out in any walk of life.

I do wanna know why he'e been allowed to fill himself with juice since he wa a young lad. Anyone? Some HGH midget clause aparently. Nothing ever said about it. His playing stats are so far off the charts, then you begin to get 4 out of 2 plus 2. The only other parallel I can think of is Lance Armstrong.

He's pretty deadly though, I will give the fucker that. For large parts of our match, he just walked around. Him and Suarez looked fucked. Come to life when the ball is near, but otherwise, not interested. Sickened me, as does anything associated with Spanish fucking football.

RedLar

Mo also out
Felt we had a decent hope with our front 3 intact. Honestly fell the scoreline flattered Barca in the 1st leg. I think they felt the same way too, the way the celebrated their fucking goals. This news (Bobby and Mo) is simply calamatous. Don't think we will have enough. Mane might be the man yet.

Did I mention I fucking hate spaniard sides?

RedLar

Not sure I have time to digest all that?

Does Messi still take HGH? I honestly dunno. If he does, and he plays like he does, then apart from him being 5'7" like many other players, its surely an advantage.

Did they not just ban some chick from sport because she naturally produes too much male hormone?

Messi has been fed the shit snce he was a teen. His career stats are off the fucking charts. Like, he is all on his own. Am I not supposed to draw a coincidence?

How then do we draw a fair line?

Limiescouse

Not sure I have time to digest all that?
If you have questions maybe reading about it would help answer them?
Does Messi still take HGH?
No. He took it as a child because it was medically indicated and thus legal, and the consequences to his health of not doing so were severe. The reason for being allowed to take it no longer applies once the individual reaches adulthood and so the TUE naturally expired a long time ago.

Did they not just ban some chick from sport because she naturally produes too much male hormone?
They did, but hGH is not testosterone.

Wilkored08

PROUD...PROUD...PROUD...now go into the 2nd half like steam trains....anyone in the way...knock em over...slimey Suarez is riled...dirty shit back kicked robbo...just take him out anyone!!!!

Flobs

FADA
I think in the 2nd leg we made our luck. What do you think @William Clarke? :-)

Btw Before the match i was on the telephone to my Dad (A WBA supporter though always for English clubs in europe) he said to be 'There's not much hope for tonight'
I replied 'Oh! lots of hope but a lot less belief' (to which we both laughed.
His last words where 'Good luck!' :-)
Just wondering what you feel about the hope and believe stuff? :-)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Klopp had instilled this fighting spirit, a real fighter that makes us fight for everything and every inch of the pitch. The players responded to his way of life, the man don't lie down after a defeat, like what Mourinho said, he does not make excuses when shit happens to him, he moves on, continue and fight.

When he arrived, he took us to league cup final. He failed to win it against City, but still took us to Europa finals. Then the following season we pushed to break into the Champs League qualification. He fought on and dragged us to the Champs League finals, and Real beat us in both combination of dirty play and calamity from our keeper. He didn't allow us to drop our heads the following season, he kept the team going and we now sits on 94 points and heading to Champs League final again.

@Nikola been talking about dejavu, 2008/09 failed to win the title and we crashed, 2013/14 failed to win the title and we crashed, he's afraid this is going to happen again, and I do agree to a certain extent. But I told him as long as we don't see the best player, it won't happen again. I now think he is completely off the mark and so am I. It's not one individual player that dictates this team now, it's the manager. As long as he still have it in him to fight with us, we will be progressing. He had just proved it to us last night.....

William Clarke

redshirt
I think in the 2nd leg we made our luck. What do you think @William Clarke? :-)

Btw Before the match i was on the telephone to my Dad (A WBA supporter though always for English clubs in europe) he said to be 'There's not much hope for tonight'
I replied 'Oh! lots of hope but a lot less belief' (to which we both laughed.
His last words where 'Good luck!' :-)
Just wondering what you feel about the hope and believe stuff? :-)
Luck @Flobs ? No, mate, bloody sheer hard work and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.