• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bayern v Liverpool (UCL 13/3/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Matip

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Robertson

• Milner [off 87’]

• Henderson [off 13’]

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 83’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 148 77.9%
  • Fabinho (on 13’]

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Lallana [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
reds rockin' and rollin' on

tbh, I wasn't too keen on seeing Hendo and Milly playing together, (out of absolutely no malice) glad that Hendo had to go off, because I think it changed the dynamic of the game. Fabhino is a more forward thinking player and has a bit more guile and skill on the pitch.

santana

new castle beat mancity is that means in general newcastle better than mancity ?
no for sure but it happened in football sometimes you can win with bad performance !

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
The fucking holy mortifying state of you. Excellent performance, dominated one of Europe's top sides who are bang on form and have clawed back the Bundesliga lead, and we did it on their home ground. ONE shot they had all match. ONE. At home. Give the manager and the team you claim to support some fucking credit that maybe - JUST MAYBE - the tactics deployed went some way towards nullifying that.

Christs sake. If you can't be happy after that, all hope is lost.
Missed my original post then? I’m ecstatic, I was last night I still am now.

Although I accept nit picking after last night is proper is proper whopper behaviour and fair enough for calling me on it.

Last edited:

santana

you remember burnley game ?
the performance was horrible but the fan was happy because of the result so am happy too .
and if i said the performance ..
the fan upset !

Rooster

What a hit son
but the team full of panic and everyone saw that and every one feels bayern will win because liverpool do not have champion's spirit or mentality and that appears on panic and if you look to chelsea for example they pass ball between players so calm and can keep the ball all time without .. panic !
Ah yeah sure of course whatever

In one of our greatest European nights you bang on about Chelsea?

santana

you saw mane first goal ?
that is why i said 4231 is better set
mane in front is fast and perfect finisher !
it was wrong to play 433 against a team like bayern but liverpool win because in football you can win even if the selection or formation or performance is wrong !

Retro Helix

To all those users in the pre match forum saying that Bayern will win.....Boom Boom Boom....fuck you :wave:

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
the result is good but i do not see team level by game result !
i see team level by performance and after am sure that the performance is perfect then i ask what was the result !
I love your posts mate but then I do enjoy doing the Times crossword.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
This forum baffles me these days.

It feels like a lot of people think anything less than complete domination is a shit performance or evidence of us not playing well. It's been a common theme all season.

We've just played Bayern Munich over two legs and restricted them to two shots on target. They were so afraid of us they played like a glorified Burnley - its not easy to look good against a side containing Neuer, Hummels, Sule, Kimmich, Alaba, Thiago, Martinez etc when their main intention is only to stifle. We saw the gulf in quality in the second half when the game opened up, had the whole tie been like that we'd have blown them away.

Cracking stuff from the reds, we've got a great chance again. Porto please.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
tell what ?
the deadly trio can score goals aginst any team any team so it is not secret !
but the team full of panic and everyone saw that and every one feels bayern will win because liverpool do not have champion's spirit or mentality and that appears on panic and if you look to chelsea for example they pass ball between players so calm and can keep the ball all time without .. panic !
MOTM is milner .
Remind me, where are Chelsea in the Champions League and how many points behind LFC are they in the league? We’ve just beaten Bayern 3-1 in their stadium, when was the last time any team did that to them?
This is a huge night in the history of the club and there have been many. A lot more than Chelsea.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Bar the Matip og I thought it was a great performance even though some players weren’t at their best - Taa, Gini, Bobby, Salah for example.
After poor first half’s Milner and Fabinho really improved. I put Fabinhos odd 1st half down to not expecting to come on so early.
We didn’t allow Bayern to get going. They were also so worried about our counter attack they never pushed forward.

Reckon we will get City or united next. UEFA would hate 4 English clubs in semi so will fix draw

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
“Although the result was a good one, that does not necessarily mean that the team’s performance was outstanding. I prefer to look at the level of the team’s performance first, and the result second.”

I have limited numbers of my exclusive Santana-English Dictionary on sale for £12.99 each.

Or free. Whatever.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
A lot of people (24 to be precise) must have been watching a different game to me last night.
Matip was head and shoulders the better of our 2 centre halves.

Matip did play very well as he has done many times recently but I would not say he was better than VVD.
Mane MOTM for me .
Overall a very "proffessional " performance after a nervy start. Pity Robbo lost his concentration in the last minute.We will misshim in the Quarter Final.
Enjoy the result. You should always celebrate the good times as there will always be times you cannot celebrate somewhere down the line.

Incognito

The Normal One
Forgive my memory, but was yesterday the first time we conceded this season in open play from our left side of defense? Haven't been many for sure.
Actually haven't conceded itself many, but that's a different story! :)

Retro Helix

the result is good but i do not see team level by game result !
i see team level by performance and after am sure that the performance is perfect then i ask what was the result !
If you could retype this in your home language. We can then use Google Translate.