POST MATCH: Bayern v Liverpool (UCL 13/3/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Matip

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Robertson

• Milner [off 87’]

• Henderson [off 13’]

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 83’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 148 77.9%
  • Fabinho (on 13’]

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Lallana [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Retro Helix

the result is good but i do not see team level by game result !
i see team level by performance and after am sure that the performance is perfect then i ask what was the result !
If you could retype this in your home language. We can then use Google Translate.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
PARK LIFE.. Sorry but thats all I read when I see those posts.

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as
(Parklife)
And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as
(Parklife)
John's got brewer's droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of him
(Parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching, you should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
tell what ?
the deadly trio can score goals aginst any team any team so it is not secret !
but the team full of panic and everyone saw that and every one feels bayern will win because liverpool do not have champion's spirit or mentality and that appears on panic and if you look to chelsea for example they pass ball between players so calm and can keep the ball all time without .. panic !
MOTM is milner .
You do talk some crap even for a wun

Danny Sarge

Matip is quietly establishing him as a viable option next to Van Dijk. Injuries permitting I think he'll get a contract extension before long.
He done well yesterday, still think hes a squad player at best. Deserves an extension. But I think if its not Gomez next to Van Dijk we need to strengthen.

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
If you could retype this in your home language. We can then use Google Translate.
And if he did that and you put it through Google translate I suspect it would read like this;

i see team level by performance and after am sure that the performance is perfect then i ask what was the result !

Makes more sense in chinese to be honest.

結果很好,但我沒有看到遊戲結果的團隊水平!
我按性能看團隊水平,在確定性能完美之後我會問結果是什麼!

azarel

wow didn't think that his original post was in chinese... makes more sense now.....

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I thought the ref was pretty damned good about seeing through a lot of that - the number of times he looked at Lewandowski and gave him that classic Italian shrug was brilliant. I don't even blame him for the Robertson yellow. Sure, Bayern had got away with a few like that, but it was pretty clear in the last 10 minutes or so he was done letting that sort of thing slide, and he could tell some of the Bayern players were becoming petulant. I think Andy was just a little too excited and inexperienced to react properly to the shift the ref made to keep the game under control.
In general, Orsato was truly outstanding I thought. He let a quite physical game take place, but the standard was the same for both teams. No major errors, and the yellow cards were deserved when he took them out. He allowed the game to stay fluid, and didn't fall in for any cheating attempt.

The premier league refs could really watch this performance and take a leaf out of it.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
In general, Orsato was truly outstanding I thought. He let a quite physical game take place, but the standard was the same for both teams. No major errors, and the yellow cards were deserved when he took them out. He allowed the game to stay fluid, and didn't fall in for any cheating attempt.

The premier league refs could really watch this performance and take a leaf out of it.
It was probably around the 85-minute mark that I was finally able to put my finger on something that was bugging me the entire game... it was being able to watch a match without freaking out about the utter incompetence of the officiating. Just shows that idiot officials aren't a global phenomenon and in England we seem to be particularly unlucky to have so many.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
You mean the midfield which played 10 minutes?
The midfield which for 60 minutes lost most of the duels and passed to no-one?

We took our chances and blew them away when they finally opened up, but let’s not talk fantasy it was not a top class performance. We did what we needed to, but bar a couple of players we didn’t play well. You also miss the fact Bayern were utterly utterly shit, embarrassing for that side to be so bad at home at this stage of Europe.
Have you ever tha its our pressing and shape that made them utterly shite, their last 2 games scored 11 and conceded 0,

IndredCold

That was some performance and result in one of the most daunting fixtures you could get in Europe! Fantastic stuff!!

Van Dijk has been with us for little over a year and he's already a legend. Unreal night from him!

I really hope this is where we press on now and go full tilt until the end of the season. So proud of the boys today!!

donks

TIA First Team
Solid if unspectacular performance if we are being honest. I thought Bayern were dreadful and the quality in the game at times was really lacking from both sides.

Our ball retention and general care with passes was so poor and we will need to improve in that area against better opposition. Gini and Milner were anonymous for most of the game bar giving away the ball but we are now a very functional team and are very hard to play against and breakdown.

I'm hoping that win last night gives us huge belief and momentum and really ignites the team and we can go on a proper run of wins and rank up the pressure on City (Just as I'm typing this I realise there is a poxy international break on the horizon).

Robbo's yellow was a major brain fart and they have started to creep into his game abit but blame must also lay with the management team here, they should have know he was the only one in danger of being suspended and subbed him off at 3-1.

On the positive flip side Mane really is a big time player and he is the one attacker that has stepped up when the pressure has come on. It was Matip's best game in a red shirt and Fabinho was superb in the 2nd half.

Bring on Porto or Ajax and let City and United get fucked over please.

Libero

It was probably around the 85-minute mark that I was finally able to put my finger on something that was bugging me the entire game... it was being able to watch a match without freaking out about the utter incompetence of the officiating. Just shows that idiot officials aren't a global phenomenon and in England we seem to be particularly unlucky to have so many.
Orsatto is probably one of the best refs in the game at the moment, in my view anyway. Much better than a few that are going about which are considered top Kuijpers, Skomina, Byrch.

Always seems to have a game under control, and from my memory I think we do quite well when we have him.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
A landmark result and performance. Definitely our best Euro result under JK. I get the comments about the scrappiness of some of our play at times but expectations are getting crazily high right now. We were up against the Bundesliga leaders, a team with masses more recent CL experience than us who know what to do to win these sort of games. For us this was a completely routine victory.

We are still learning at this level and we learnt masses more last night. I even noticed a bit of sly game management creeping in, taking ages over corners, throw ins and generally killing the game stone dead when we had to. This was just the result we needed. Confidence levels will be sky high now which will help not just in this competition but in the PL run-in too.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
A classic.
Maybe I was wrong. You are not Trap.
You are Mr. Miyagi from the original Karate Kid.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Perfect game? No. Lots of calls here and there that could have been a yellow, or a 50/50 the other way, or advantage calls, or, or. But overall, yes, didn't let anything get out of hand, didn't get gulled into letting antics dictate the game. Just a really good overall reffing performance.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Another highlight for me
The first half move down the left that ended with the underlap run by Robbo and his rocket shot on goal
Seems to me someone's been coaching him on shooting - and getting that on target with that power on the fly can only help him get more confident on taking the shot in future and not just passing

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Another highlight for me
The first half move down the left that ended with the underlap run by Robbo and his rocket shot on goal
Seems to me someone's been coaching him on shooting - and getting that on target with that power on the fly can only help him get more confident on taking the shot in future and not just passing
Heard on the Anfield Wrap sometime recently that the team has been drilling a pattern of play that ends with Robertson getting a shot that sounded something like what we saw. He is going to get one...