POST MATCH: Bayern v Liverpool (UCL 13/3/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Matip

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Robertson

• Milner [off 87’]

• Henderson [off 13’]

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 83’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 148 77.9%
  • Fabinho (on 13’]

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Lallana [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nonodoll

Our boys wore the big Germans down. Bayern gave it a go in the first half, and could not hang with the Reds in the second. Sadio's first was pure class, and aside from one goof, our defense clamped the shackles on them. Screw that idea of it being better to be out of this competition to improve our league chances, let's bloody win them both.

sms1986

Don't want to piss on the party but missing Robbo for the first leg of the next round is huge I think. We'll cover, we'll have to, but what the fuck was he thinking? It's not like we've got some sort of harem of defenders to choose from.
We missed VVD in the first leg of this round and did OK, we'll be fine in the next round. No point in worrying about it.

phil smith

A great gritty result. Not a lot of quality but great effort from them all. Two central defenders were magnificent but my MOM has to be Sadio for his two goals. The first was incredible skill and such a cool finish. Just hope the two Manc clubs draw each other.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
I give my MOTM to the much maligned mid-field - both the starting midfield (who apparently can't win an away match in Europe) and the revamped midfield who adapted to the situation-- and who all put their bodies on the line tonight
I'll take my slings and arrows off the air
Well done Redmen that was a tremendous performance and result

hoosierred

For the love of Mane there is only 1 motm -

And Mo.... just when everyone thinks you’re pressing, you’re too desperate to score yourself, your decision making has gone to crap.... you trot out that sexy chip to drop the ball on Sadio’s uneven gold striped head.

sms1986

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk speaking to BT Sport: "It is a great evening. We knew it would be tough as they have a great team with fantastic players.

"We were unlucky on their equaliser but we got the job done and we're into the last eight.

"It is very important and it feels amazing to score. We need to cover him [Andy Robertson - who misses the next game through suspension] but we will prepare and make sure everyone is ready."

Liverpool midfielder James Milner: "It was a good result. We didn't play our best but it is about defending well and getting three points.

"This guy [Van Dijk] got another goal. To be honest, he should get more given his height!

On losing Jordan Henderson to injury: It says a lot about the squad we have got. To lose the captain that early was difficult but we dealt with it well. Fabinho came on and did well then we scored.

On having four English teams in the quarter-finals: "It is good for English football. That's what you want. We don't know who we are going to get in the next round but we have good feelings from last year so hopefully we can carry that on and go as far as we can."

big noyd

well we showed our fucking class tonight

virgil actually got caught on the wrong side once, so even with a goal & an assist, it was an average performance for him. sadio is motm for me, he's been on a fucking tear, mildly surprised he got out without drawing a yellow as he was clearly frustrated with the endless nibbles they got away with

matip had the OG but overall i thought this was one of his best performances. robbo struggled with gnabry and even if it was a dive, such a silly foul. imagine we'll see milner at left back unless we draw porto or ajax

over two legs bayern struggled to keep their head above water. we go on

T.C.B

Are we happy now? That Klopp fella knows what he's doing so no need for anyone to be loosing their shit over the sides he picks........its why he's paid the big bucks and we get to watch.
Munich is a beautiful city, if you haven't been there I'd urge you to go. That team are cynical fuckers though typified by that diving dipshit up front......I never want a fucker that like that playing for the reds.
Only the silly foul and booking for Robbo sightly sours the night but it's only a blip and we can cope.

Last edited: