POST MATCH: Bayern v Liverpool (UCL 13/3/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Matip

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Robertson

• Milner [off 87’]

• Henderson [off 13’]

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 83’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 148 77.9%
  • Fabinho (on 13’]

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Lallana [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! my report was going to be that I just watched Lewandoski roll about the floor for the whole game but then we ramped it up!! Three great goals, in your face Bayern and Auf Weidersen Putos! James is also a dick! Into the quarters. We did the draw on paper at home, Porto Vs City, Mancs vs Tottenham, Juve vs Barca and Ajax vs The Mighty Redmen!

Van Dijk is a BEAST!!

sms1986

Posted at 22:0422:04
Post update
Jurgen Klopp went over to give Robert Lewandowski a hug. He was signed by the Liverpool boss during his time at Borussia Dortmund.
Nice touch.

hoosierred

Matip my MOTM had lewadiveowski in his pocket!
Great Team Performance Tonight!
Our away Fans made the Akkiance Arena like beeing L4
Up the Reds this Year Champions league has our Name all over it!
We Keep on marching the (bottling laud media) Kings!
Yes - Matip deserves a big shout out. He was a silky rock out there.

dockers_strike

Great result, shit performance but, I'll take that. WTF was robbo thinking with that tackle? Just like the Leicester game where he gave away a costly, needless free kick he's now got himself suspended for the 1st next round. All we need now if for UEFA to fix the draw so that all English teams draw each other! MoTM just has to be Mane.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Are we happy now? That Klopp fella knows what he's doing so no need for anyone to be loosing their shit over the sides he picks........its why he's paid the big bucks and we get to watch.
Munich is a beautiful city, if you haven't been there I'd urge you to go. That team are cynical fuckers though typified by that diving dipshit up front......I never want a fucker that like that playing for the reds.
Only the silly foul and booking for Robbo sl;sightly sours the night but it's only a blip and we can cope.
You mean the midfield which played 10 minutes?
The midfield which for 60 minutes lost most of the duels and passed to no-one?

We took our chances and blew them away when they finally opened up, but let’s not talk fantasy it was not a top class performance. We did what we needed to, but bar a couple of players we didn’t play well. You also miss the fact Bayern were utterly utterly shit, embarrassing for that side to be so bad at home at this stage of Europe.

Commando

I've gone left field with my MOTM choice. Joel Matip, he had a good first half and IMO was very unlucky with the OG. Others were at fault for that goal and it should never have reached him. Immense second half from him. Never let the OG get to him. Others will get the plaudits and rightly so. Sadio's brace and Virgil's goal and overall performance. Mo put a shift in and supplied a lovely assist for Sadio's second. Trent was solid against Ribery who is still a force to be reckoned with. Gini, was kicked all over the pitch but soldiered on and had a great game.

All in all a very good performance. Jurgen will have words to say about our sloppy passing. He and his team will work on that and hopefully that's the last performance of that sort we'll see.

COYR YNWA

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Outstanding performance, particularly in the second half when the midfield cut out the sloppy passing that spoiled the first half. Mane easily the MoM although both CBs were in contention.

Would like Tottenham next. They and Porto are probably the weakest teams left in it and London's a lot closer. Wouldn't want Utd just in case the flukey twats won. Wouldn't be able to handle that.

vzok

My news app has just flagged up an article from an hour ago that I should be interested in. Apparently Bayern manager Niko Kovac thinks that a 0-0 scoreline definitely will not happen tonight.

Decent prediction. He will make a good pundit if he loses his job.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Great performance, Allison didn’t have a save to make the whole game, that’s how good we were. Yes, there was a lot of sloppy passing, especially in the 1st half, but defensively we were pretty solid. Shame about Robbo, but JK should’ve substituted him with only a few minutes left.

Gazmaninaus

Well I wonder if you can bet on 4 English teams playing each other in the next round. And Barca playing Porto. You can almost bet the powers that be want a Ronaldo team. A Messi team in the semi finals.

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
This win was a true FOOTBALL LESSON made by Klopp and Liverpool!
Excellent game in any aspect - football possession, attitude, efficiency, goals, tactical intelligence and so on.
Great game by Mane!!!! True beast upfront!
This was a glory night for Liverpool and everyone of us!
Thank you Klopp! Thank you boys!

Flobs

FADA
Mané MOTM
Some good stuff from Salah and Firmino nice to see.
Very poor quality 1st half where we looked better than them aside the VVD fuck up leading to Matips complete catastrophy (he really lacks it at times).
Our quality improved in the 2nd half and we came out deserved winners. I bet Bayern regretted watering the pitch when it was raining. lol
Nice show from Wijnaldum 2nd half.
On we go!

Libero

We took our chances and blew them away when they finally opened up, but let’s not talk fantasy it was not a top class performance. We did what we needed to, but bar a couple of players we didn’t play well. You also miss the fact Bayern were utterly utterly shit, embarrassing for that side to be so bad at home at this stage of Europe.
Booooooooo

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
YEEESSSS, BRILLIANT!!!!

Bayern hadn't been ousted before the quarters since seven long years, and now they are out! Our guys were absolutely wonderful, brilliant, both defensively and going forward. Make no mistake, this is a massive, MASSIVE achievement!!!

:celebrating:

Edit: great games are decided by great players. Mané and VVD: step forward! :cheers:

T.C.B

No idea where you get that from. I didn't mention the midfield or call anything a top class performance.