POST MATCH: Bayern v Liverpool (UCL 13/3/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Matip

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Robertson

• Milner [off 87’]

• Henderson [off 13’]

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 83’]

• Mane [GOAL 26’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 148 77.9%
  • Fabinho (on 13’]

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Origi [on 83’]

• Lallana [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

20ATHLONE

Save City and Juve for our semi-final and final opponents. Give us anyone else for quarters

Geez a Barca matchup would be interesting, Although my stomach couldn’t take all that diving and crying

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Mane motm for me

Virgil and Matip had Lewandowski on lock down

Matip gets a special nod. I never really rated him and always thought him to be a weak link. He’s improved vastly after Lovren went down and now I’d rate him as a certified back up to Gomez. Wouldn’t hesitate to start him over Gomez when needed.

Virgil is immense. He needs to be captain next season.

Henderson I’m not a fan of but hope he gets better. We need each player

Moreno to get a chance to earn his medal next round

Arminius

FSG PR plant
How in gods name are we still behind Sevilla and Porto this is total bullshit this classification puts the richest clubs in the top not the best football clubs
Five year rolling score, and we have a zero in one of the years, as well as a fairly mediocre 10 in the 14/15 year that is next to drop away. Missing out on any points in a year hurts. It will likely be a couple of years before LFC can break into the top 8, already the highest ranked club with a zero year. Decent chance of moving past Sevilla and Porto though.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Five year rolling score, and we have a zero in one of the years, as well as a fairly mediocre 10 in the 14/15 year that is next to drop away. Missing out on any points in a year hurts. It will likely be a couple of years before LFC can break into the top 8, already the highest ranked club with a zero year. Decent chance of moving past Sevilla and Porto though.
League winners automatically end up in 1st bucket. All set for the next 7 years.

big noyd

i knew i was drunk but this is like trying to read aramaic

GermanRed

Come in, @GermanRed. How was it?
Just arrived back at home. It was good. It was cold. It was tense. I wasn’t as nervous as I usually am before big games. Was pretty confident we will get the job done from kick off.

Worst moment of the game for me wasn’t Bayern’s goal - it was Salahs chance (was it at 1-1 or 2-1?) - not sure but from the stands it looked like he should definitely passed it to Mané who was in a good position. Salah is trying too hard to get his goal at the moment.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
for the other yanks, i'm biased as the son of a basketball coach, but i think steve nash is actually pretty good as a football pundit
That might have to do with him growing up in Canada, his dad being a former football player and his brother representing the Canadian national soccer team at some point. :-)

Unless we are talking about another Steve Nash.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Just arrived back at home. It was good. It was cold. It was tense. I wasn’t as nervous as I usually am before big games. Was pretty confident we will get the job done from kick off.

Worst moment of the game for me wasn’t Bayern’s goal - it was Salahs chance (was it at 1-1 or 2-1?) - not sure but from the stands it looked like he should definitely passed it to Mané who was in a good position. Salah is trying too hard to get his goal at the moment.
If it was the one I think you are referring to, it was around 74 minutes, a couple of minutes after the 2-1. The pass was on, but the best chance was when Salah's head was turned away, looking at one of the Bayern defenders trying to tackle him. There is an instant just after where Salah might have been able to thread Mane in, but Goretzka is cutting off the direct pass and Salah is in reaction mode by that point

Rooster

What a hit son
Careful what we wish for in the draw.

Real, PSG and Roma were all cheering following the last draw.

As for the others - a Manchester Derby would be superb.

So we will also know our potential semi final opponents as well? If so that’s cool - all draws should like tennis for pathway transparency.

GermanRed

If it was the one I think you are referring to, it was around 74 minutes, a couple of minutes after the 2-1. The pass was on, but the best chance was when Salah's head was turned away, looking at one of the Bayern defenders trying to tackle him. There is an instant just after where Salah might have been able to thread Mane in, but Goretzka is cutting off the direct pass and Salah is in reaction mode by that point
Have to watch it again but I think there was a good chance to pass it.

I don’t like it tbh - a bit of a 'natural egoism' is good for an attacker but it feels like when Salah is cutting in from the right side he never has an eye for his team mates on the left side.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
The great legacy of BR

santana

Didn’t see 3-1 coming.

Lovely goals.
i saw goals because the deadly trio allways score but i was not sure that the team can handle pressure and bayern is monster very very strong team . i saw a lot of panic moments !

santana

Really? Do tell.
tell what ?
the deadly trio can score goals aginst any team any team so it is not secret !
but the team full of panic and everyone saw that and every one feels bayern will win because liverpool do not have champion's spirit or mentality and that appears on panic and if you look to chelsea for example they pass ball between players so calm and can keep the ball all time without .. panic !
MOTM is milner .