• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Bournemouth 0 Liverpool 2

Claymenza

coutinho wants to score a wonder goal that will land him a spot in brazil's squad. Rodgers just needs to tell him to ease up

Jugger

canucky008 said:
My only gripe is Coutinho

What's happened to this kid? He used to be so dynamic and smart with the ball. He seems to just want to dribble for a few yards and then unleash one at the net and that's if he hasn't lost it to the defender before he gets to have a slash at it.

I thought this game would be a confidence builder for him but he looked lackluster again.

Is he eating his wheaties?
I cannot understand how he keeps getting in the team anymore to be honest. 2 goals and 2 assists in 17 matches is poor for any top midfielder, let alone one as talented and more importantly attacking as Coutinho. I would rather have Alberto playing ahead of him at the moment. Hes gone from being the one player we would go to in order to unlock a defence to being the least capable attacking player of doing so.

To think in his debut half season here he had 3 goals and 7 assists in 300 less minutes played...

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Job done. Very happy to be progressing to the round of 16.

I LOVE the FA cup. Love it love it love it. Have done since I was a small kid. It's a pity it's been devalued so much. I would absolutely love to win it. FA cup winners and 4th place would, for me, be a perfect season.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Wasn't pretty but I'll take a win in any circumstances in these games especially when we have had embarrassing slip-ups in the past! We're through and that's good enough for me.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Hope in your heart said:
Credit to the opposition. They played well, and played a high line which gave us problems.

But it's job done, two good goals and a clean sheet (a lucky one).

Onwards to the derby now.
Nothing 'lucky' about the clean sheet, they really only had two genuine goal scoring chances and one was well blocked by Toure.

We did enough and no more, which is fine ahead of the derby.

Bring on the next round!

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
Potential upset on the cards there, and we looked a bit dodgy on occasion during the first 20 minutes.

Ended up being a fairly comfortable win without too much sweat being broken.

Urban Achiever

Tough game on a lousy pitch against a hardworking team who knows this is one of the biggest games of their lifetime.
Fairplay to the loanplayers. They take a lot of criticisme but today Moses and Cissokho actually did OK. Against Bournemouth that should be a given, but the performances lately suggested otherwise.

Coutinho should just concentrate on moving the ball and getting the other teams worn out. He just tries too hard atm.

Flannagan did not look too impressive coming on.... hope he's back to his pre-injury level against Everton..... but apart from that only Kelly and Jones disappointed me. Kelly looks like he's simply not capable of playing.... I thought it meant something else when they said "fitness" but he actually looks unfit. Jones is not good enough to be our scond choice. Shaky and very poor with his passes.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Dane said:
Potential upset on the cards there, and we looked a bit dodgy on occasion during the first 20 minutes.

Ended up being a fairly comfortable win without too much sweat being broken.
Yeah, and you lost £50, teach ya for betting on us to lose ;)

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Highlight today was Rich's comment that every time he saw Cissokho with the ball the Benny Hill theme starts playing in his head....
It's happening to me now as well. Lol

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Doggie said:
Nothing 'lucky' about the clean sheet, they really only had two genuine goal scoring chances and one was well blocked by Toure.

We did enough and no more, which is fine ahead of the derby.

Bring on the next round!
Kelly held a shirt in the box and it was a stone-wall penalty. Hence me staying by my point.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Hope in your heart said:
Kelly held a shirt in the box and it was a stone-wall penalty. Hence me staying by my point.
The pass that led to that opportunity looked offside, Gerrard certainly thought so anyway.

Didn't fit ITV's agenda though so no replay of the incident.

We weren't lucky at all, very comfortable win.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
SirBillShankly said:
Yeah, and you lost £50, teach ya for betting on us to lose ;)
Ha ha, I'm chuffed to bits I lost £50, and that it really got up someones nose that I placed that bet.

Two secrets to betting though
1. Dont let your heart rule your head (I also have an accumulator with us winning ;) )
2. Only bet what you can afford to lose

WrongIslander

Dane said:
Ha ha, I'm chuffed to bits I lost £50, and that it really got up someones nose that I placed that bet.

1. Dont let your heart rule your head (I also have an accumulator with us winning ;) )
3. NEVER BET AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM PAOLO

Mr v

dreadin derby now. We got through but that is all. Frustrated with coutinho but most of all henderson. Big investment by our standards and fuck all return. It seems that when we do decide that we are going to compete in the transfer market and spend "big" we have been let down. Please dont anyone tell me hes one for the future or he works hard or he has a great engine or he s box to box or he's a good athlete. We should be getting a lot more for our money.
Moses was better today but im struggling to be optimistic.

Urban Achiever

Rambler said:
Highlight today was Rich's comment that every time he saw Cissokho with the ball the Benny Hill theme starts playing in his head....
It's happening to me now as well. lol
Then I wouldn't wanna hear the tracks going off when many of our other players have the ball. Either some seriously hardcore deathmetal or some very sad shit......

Steven Gerrard at DM - Borderline horrible
Martin Kelly - Totally outmatched
Coutinho - pointless dribbling and not in the game
Jones - Not a premier league keeper

Lets just hope we can soon get back to all agreeing on Cissokho and Moses being poor, because that'll mean the team is getting better... They were frankly far from our worst players today.

I'd even pick Cissokho over both Flannagan and Kelly from what I saw today and trust me that's not 'cos I'm a huge fan of his. Nevertheless we should not make them worse than they are.....

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Rambler said:
It's happening to me now as well. Lol
My wife's friend was humming the tune 'send in the clowns'. Even in Thailand they know he's not great. But just about avoided doing anything particularly awful. Though in reality Bournemouth dint really have anyone with an awful lot of talent going forward. All heart but Everton will expose us here if we don't tighen up this area. Really for me we should have reinforced this by now. Oh well...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Urban Achiever said:
I'd even pick Cissokho over both Flannagan and Kelly from what I saw today and trust me that's not 'cos I'm a huge fan of his. Nevertheless we should not make them worse than they are.....
Cissokho ahead of Flanagan? Really?

tesh

TIA New Signing
OOTer said:
No body will remember in ten years time that any of those players were rested vs Bournemouth. They will remember another trophy in our cabinet though.

If Bournemouth had scored one with 10 to go and we had a spine of inexperience then it may have been hard to regain that control. At 2-2 and a reply that could have been an extra 120mins as opposed to an extra 10. Hypothetical, but which one means more rest in the long run.

I get that people wanted rest for the Everton game but we're looking for 4th and maybe more. In the long run it's the result of all games and not one that counts. Hence why I can understand the subs made today. Not saying I agree but I'm willing to give BR the benefit of the doubt see as he has more experience and knowledge than most on here, if not all.
I don't want to belabour the many, many points that people have made about our squad size, injuries and the form of some players but suffice it to say that this game iswas irrelevant. Getting 4th or better is everything. Not fussed about the cup personally.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Dane said:

I'm hoping you stick another wager on an Everton win, i'm sure TIA will do a whip-around to cover your losses when you lose your money again :)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
SirBillShankly said:
I'm hoping you stick another wager on an Everton win, i'm sure TIA will do a whip-around to cover your losses when you lose your money again :)
I stuck £3 on Everton to win last monday, I lost the cash the only amount I had spare in my account, but the draw did for me.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
That wasn't the sort of game where you can form any kind of assessment of where the team is at. They had an eye on Tuesday night and played the game at jogging pace. They rarely contested a ball, and let Bournemouth do what they wanted confident that they'd stick their chances away.

Urban Achiever

ILLOK said:
Cissokho ahead of Flanagan? Really?
I wrote "...from what I saw today".

But no, of course I'd pick Flannagan on his earlier performances. I'm just saying that based on performance today Cissokho was the best fullback AND he'll play anyway, 'cos we only have him and Flanno... Kelly is shockingly far from being ready for a game against Everton.

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying he's great... I'm just saying that, as insane as it is, he's the best we've got at the moment.

OOTer

TIA New Signing
tesh said:
I don't want to belabour the many, many points that people have made about our squad size, injuries and the form of some players but suffice it to say that this game iswas irrelevant. Getting 4th or better is everything. Not fussed about the cup personally.
Fair play your not fussed about the cup. Seems from pre match comments BR is. And he's the one charged with managing this team.

Like he also said. Winning trophies is what LFC are about.

Difference of opinions. Fair diddles.

Urban Achiever said:
I wrote "...from what I saw today".

But no, of course I'd pick Flannagan on his earlier performances. I'm just saying that based on performance today Cissokho was the best fullback AND he'll play anyway, 'cos we only have him and Flanno... Kelly is shockingly far from being ready for a game against Everton.

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying he's great... I'm just saying that, as insane as it is, he's the best we've got at the moment.
Flanagan really looked off pace today and hardly made any effort tracking back after getting forward. I guess it is to be expected somewhat given he's just come back from an injury but I wouldn't be confident starting him against Everton just yet as he is lacking match fitness. Personally if Sakho is back I would be tempted to go with a back 3.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
SirBillShankly said:
I am doing an illegal accumulator bet covering wins for all our rivals except the spurs city game. Via my father in law

You can all thank me later ;)

Urban Achiever

liverpool_singh said:
Flanagan really looked off pace today and hardly made any effort tracking back after getting forward. I guess it is to be expected somewhat given he's just come back from an injury but I wouldn't be confident starting him against Everton just yet as he is lacking match fitness. Personally if Sakho is back I would be tempted to go with a back 3.
Sterling on right fullback perhaps?