• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Bournemouth 0 Liverpool 2

tesh

TIA New Signing
lovepool said:
Yeah it was better in the old days. Everything was
Yeah, especially those pimpled footballs we used to play with in PE around this time of the year.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
lovepool said:
Yeah it was better in the old days. Everything was
Except the internet and the post game discussions online.
Was a mess back then in the arpanet. We didn't have poll options for motm or animated smileys.
And Bob Paisley didn't want to join it.

5euros

TIA Legend
The amount of idiocy I have heard and read, not just on TIA, about this game is staggering. I didn't get to see the entire game as I was late home from my town but what I saw was a comfortable victory against a potential banana skin. People have been complaining that we took our foot of the gas and didn't look convincing. I'm sorry, but there is nothing more convincing, for me, than a football team who earns the victory early on then closes the game out. Liverpool were efficient, hard working and ultimately professional in how they handled themselves. The F.A. Cup is a grand old competition which I am still fond of regardless of how many football hipsters try to write it off as meaningless. I would love to win it again this season and there is no reason why not.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
5euros said:
The amount of idiocy I have heard and read, not just on TIA, about this game is staggering. I didn't get to see the entire game as I was late home from my town but what I saw was a comfortable victory against a potential banana skin. People have been complaining that we took our foot of the gas and didn't look convincing. I'm sorry, but there is nothing more convincing, for me, than a football team who earns the victory early on then closes the game out. Liverpool were efficient, hard working and ultimately professional in how they handled themselves. The F.A. Cup is a grand old competition which I am still fond of regardless of how many football hipsters try to write it off as meaningless. I would love to win it again this season and there is no reason why not.
This.

As usual however, there are plenty of grumpy old gits who prefer whining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Io1imJ97aA

Intriguing how the first clip I found refers to a £50 bet on his pal dying lol

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
One thing to note from that game is that we dealt well with long aerial balls, corners and free-kicks. It seems that the Touré/Skrtel pair is about to gain some common automatisms, and has become more reliable on that record. Just in time before the derby...

Maulkin

LittleFinger
Hope in your heart said:
Kelly held a shirt in the box and it was a stone-wall penalty. Hence me staying by my point.
Well, he's learning from Skrtel, nothing new here.