• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedYank

Absolutely grand day over here. 7:30am start at the packed-full-of-Reds pub. Watched the damn good thrashing of the Cherries, then capped the football day off with seeing City get their arses handed to them, along with seeing our lads perched on the top of the hill thereafter.

Still had the afternoon to run about and finish Christmas shopping. Had a massive grin on my face all the while. Certain people had though I had gone off the rails.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Well said. In fairness I doubt Dutch is aware of the significance of today’s date or associates it with the murder of one of Liverpool’s finest.
Thank you I had no clue JL died 40 years ago and to be honest I think the Beatles were overrated with their middle of the road music, I am a Stones fan, Oeps now I have done it......lol

Barry O'Connor

Another thing that will be completely ignored is the disgraceful attempt by Cook to stop Salah, that could have caused serious injury. All part of the good old English game though innit...
Agree that was disgraceful could have done serious damage. Salah lucky to be unscathed. But it's ok it's just old fashioned centre half tackling isn't it.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I was referring to two pints, moving to shorts lol. But I have already had the conversation with my wife about Anfield if we are still in contention in Feb. I may have to make the pilgrimage
Let us know when you are going - I’m sure a few of us would be up to join you

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Please someone give me the fantastic news that ox will be fit in jan. Please.
That would scare the shit out of pep.
Imagine a mid of fabinho keita and ox.
Shaqs as a cover for the front 3 and our mid.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Another thing that will be completely ignored is the disgraceful attempt by Cook to stop Salah, that could have caused serious injury. All part of the good old English game though innit...
It wasn’t. It was pointed out to be a naughty challenge and Salah was praised for staying on his feet.

Red Eyes

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Dude...Ox will not be up to speed until the 2019/20 season, at the earliest. He did a proper number on himself.

Let this one go.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Wonderful weekend for us. Like the commentator said, even when we played not that well, we also never looked like conceding this season and that to me is the main difference. Other than a stable Rock in defense and 3 high quality partners fighting to partner Virgil, and an obvious change in approach to games, we may not win 5 nil every game but it puts our focus on picking up points.

However it's just this weekend. On paper, we are going to have a much more difficult rest of December then Man City. Arsenal, Manure and Rafa's Newcastle will not need extra motivation to try to break our unbeaten run, while Wolves away is as tricky as it can be.

Let's not forget Spurs who is actually just 6 points behind. A couple of bad games will see us dropping positions drastically. So one match at a time but this weekend is so sweet. Salah hat trick, Milner 500th, clean sheet and 4 goals. Onwards we go !

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Dude...Ox will not be up to speed until the 2019/20 season, at the earliest. He did a proper number on himself.

Let this one go.
Yeah the most optimistic is to have him back for some minutes in April and May but a full preseason is more realistic.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Addendum...this article lays it all out...a proper injury.

The risk of it flaring up if he pushes too hard will be massive. The club will be holding him back big time, particularly in light of his injury history.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-expert-analysis-reveals-the-ultimate-challenge-facing-liverpool-midfielder/

As @gasband said...he may get some minutes in the closing weeks, but he won't be starting in the middle when the whips are cracking, that is certain.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I felt Eddie Howe let himself down a bit by having a whinge about the first goal. That offside rule is very much open to interpretation. Mo was not interfering with play when Firminho shot, he just reacted quicker than the defenders when the ball came back off the keeper. For the Chelsea first goal they had a player in an offside position inside the 6 yard box but no pundit suggested he was interfering with play.
Next week will be the crunch. Man U will be very determined to knock us off our perch.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I think the most important point to remember about our team this season is it’s December and we not reduced to fighting for a top four finish. We’re still in with a chance in December which has been unheard of in countless premier league years.
You’re forgetting the season quite recently when we could have won the league on the last day of the season.

C

Caradoc

I felt Eddie Howe let himself down a bit by having a whinge about the first goal. That offside rule is very much open to interpretation. Mo was not interfering with play when Firminho shot, he just reacted quicker than the defenders when the ball came back off the keeper. For the Chelsea first goal they had a player in an offside position inside the 6 yard box but no pundit suggested he was interfering with play.
Next week will be the crunch. Man U will be very determined to knock us off our perch.

It was a clear offside. Nothing to do with interpretation just a poor decision by the linesman. Where Howe was wrong was to imply that the timing was pivotal and that Bournemouth would have gone on to get something from the game. If Salah hadn’t scored then, all the signs were that it was only a matter of time before we did score. We’d have still won comfortably. For once Howe got his tactics wrong and let himself down post-match by trying to cover that up. Still a very good manager and likeable chap though.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Any theories as to why Salah doesn’t look at least slightly pleased after scoring?
Could be a personal problem on his mind but the conspiritive theories will no doubt emerge again. Hardly surprising, he’s a much sought after goal scorer with a short career.
I personally think that Europe’s top clubs operate a tapping up programme around this time of the year to disrupt their opponents. Real and Barca being the worst offenders because they think they are untappable themselves.
Most big clubs think beyond one season though and Mo would be in several target lists as a medium to long term buy.
He strikes me though as a truly honourable human being and I could imagine him feeling really uncomfortable if a pushy agent was trying to maximise his “trade” value.
Pretty sure he’s going to be here for a while yet.

Sweeting

Could be a personal problem on his mind but the conspiritive theories will no doubt emerge again. Hardly surprising, he’s a much sought after goal scorer with a short career.
I personally think that Europe’s top clubs operate a tapping up programme around this time of the year to disrupt their opponents. Real and Barca being the worst offenders because they think they are untappable themselves.
Most big clubs think beyond one season though and Mo would be in several target lists as a medium to long term buy.
He strikes me though as a truly honourable human being and I could imagine him feeling really uncomfortable if a pushy agent was trying to maximise his “trade” value.
Pretty sure he’s going to be here for a while yet.
According to several journalists, Hazard is all but confirmed as a Real Madrid player now. Add to that Barcelona not being able to sign from us until 2020 and PSG beibg hamstrung by Neymar's salary then the only realistic destinations for Salah are all out.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
It's been posted on site already, but I am disgusted how Cook raked his studs down Mo's calf and Achilles and yet never received a caution. Professional foul - ha. We know the only reason he got off Scot free was that Mo carried on running. Happily, Mo got Cook back later in the game and I was glad to see he got away with it, too.

At this moment in time we don't want to be losing our top striker to a cowardly tackle like that. Here's hoping Mo and the rest of the lads stay away from serious injury. I voted Mo as my MOTM, and deservedly so. Bring on the red and blue Mancs.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI