• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaffod

We're the best non-corrupt team in the league by a fucking mile. It sickens me that a shower of fucking vile, corrupt cunts will probably keep us from what should be rightfully ours.
Really proud of the lads today, this run of 3 games looked brutal on paper but we've come through them brilliantly.

Keegans Perm

Every one of the boys were outstanding today. Obviously Salah gets the plaudits and deservedly so but as a team performance, that was the best one so far this season. Well done lads.

Sweeting

Away. Against a Bournemouth team who have been brilliant at times this season. Only two days off since our last game (which was also away). Absolutely shite weather.

Not to be cliche but I have seen many Liverpool teams put in dismal performances with less than that working against them.

This team responded with not only a resounding win but with our best performance of the entire season. This is exactly what Klopp has been trying to get from us this season - a sound defensive effort but with serious bite at the other end of the pitch.

Salah, still deemed to be having a quiet season in some quarters, is now the league's top scorer.

Allison and Van Dijk have turned a defence that was a running joke into the meanest in the league.

Add onto that that we still felt like we could go up another gear or two. If we can "stroll" through the Christmas period we will hopefully have some legs in March/April/May to attack games with our pressing style.

Werder4life

Nice to have a relaxed match once in a while - going to walk the dog now to up the exitement a bit before honestly routing for a Chelsea win once in a lifetime...

Motm is Mo today - majestic display on two of his 3 goals. Everybody else with a very good performance. The match was a nice study on how good our whole team defending has become, kept control throughout and still been a constant threat going forward - and with good energy management as well , on the pitch and also with the subs. Had Bournemouth cought in two minds there and kept them pretty quiet.
Good to see everyone getting minutes under their belt now - at exactly the right time to fire up the xmas campaign.

Get Napoli sorted out next and we can all enjoy xmas without any dent in a brilliant run.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
That was near damn perfect. Won at a canter against a good side away from home with minimal fuss. We really seem to be getting into our stride now.

Everyone had a good game. Salah will rightfully take the plaudits but he was far from alone. Even Lallana looked well up for it when he came on.

macca1970

Three games (one at home, two away) in six days, with 9 points. Goals for 8, goals against 1.

Mixed in with rotation for the players, perfect. Sets us up nicely for the make or break tie against Napoli. Then to Sunday against the scum.

Happy for Mo to get a hattrick – fortuitous first goal as offside, sublime second goal after his ankle was raked (for comparison, Bournemouth’s forward Joshua King went down at any opportunity all game), and then an MC Hammer ‘you can’t touch this’ goal for the third.

Can sit back and enjoy the rest of the day, especially the Chelsea city game.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Did i say this match would be challenging? The only challenging part of it was dealing with Bournemouth's, at times, overly physical approach.

We were brilliant. It's starting to come together and just at the right time too. Made up for Mo and today see the start of a repeat of last season for him. Bobby was great too, especially in the first half. Seemed to tire a bit in the second half and was rightly subbed with Napoli in mind. Robbo ran Mo close for MoM, but I think a hat trick, especially one where all the goals came from open play, guarantees being MoM.

sms1986

Mohamed Salah speaking to Sky Sports: "Scored three goals, went top of the table and kept a clean sheet. It was a fantastic result. I enjoyed the last one the most. I was calm.
"i know everyone has high expectations for me but the most important thing is to win each game and that we are top of the table.
"I have to congratulate him for his amazing career. I hope I have more games like this in my career. But I will not take it [the award from Milner]."

Toro

Florida Red
Did you see that header by Becker? I don't think I've ever seen anyone jump that high to head the ball.

I think from now on, when we have a corner, we should only put van Dijk and Allison in the box, and the eight other players back to stop a counter-attack. We'd probably increase our corner conversion rate from 3% to 50%.

sms1986

James Milner speaking to Match of the Day
: "I think it is about finding a way to win. Mo Salah was outstanding and we did the job well in a pretty place to come. We need to keep going.
"He [Salah] is a top player. In times when it is tight and things aren't quite going the way you want, you need the big players to take the game by the scruff. He did that today. He is a massive player for us. We have that quality right throughout the squad.
On playing at right-back: "It was different again but you do what's required. It gives Trent [Alexander-Arnold] a little rest. It was nice to be a part of that performance and get another win on the road.
On being top of the table: "It is nice to see. It is where you want to be at the end of the season. There is a long way to go. We know how crucial Christmas is."

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Another 3 points and despite City's awesome start WE are top of the league :celebrating:

Salah on fire. Loved that third goal.

Great stuff. We've now developed into a very formidable side. Loved Becker's header, has to be the highlight of the game doesn't it?

Matip looked good again. Very calm and assured.Decent replacement for Joe.

MOTM Mo. He's back!

Last edited: