• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Liverpool just shows what they do to teams which come to play football and not hoofball. Credit to Howe for persisting with an open attacking formation. Despite the end result , Bournemouth is probably the 7th best team in the league right now.

Deserved win for Liverpool. 4-0 against a team that city didn't cream is a credit.

sms1986

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports:
"It was a very mature game. It was a very controlled first half, we scored a goal and controlled the game. We were not completely happy with the rhythm. We made changes and wanted to do more but there was a lot of good counter pressing.
"Mo scored a fantastic second goal. He did brilliantly and the fourth one was brilliant, completely calm. Then Adam (Lallana) and (Sadio) Mane come on and we played brilliant football that was exactly as we wanted.
"Bournemouth have had a really good season, coming here, winning in the manner we did was quite special.
On Mo Salah's performance: "It was absolutely brilliant. From the first moment if he could play in behind was there. He was on fire. It is nice for him to score three goals. We know how big his desire is.
On the title race: "We want to be as good possible at the end of the season. It is not clear what that is. I think the only way to be successful is to be completely focussed on yourself.
"We are not really interested on other teams. We only have three days until Napoli which is a big one. It is Bournemouth celebrating day. Let's go home, have food and go again."

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I really cant add anything much to what's already been said except to say that under Klopp we have brought fantastic, world class players to the club.
Alisson, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Mane, Keita, Gini, Ox, MO, Shaq.............monsters the lot of them. Every one of them, maybe with the exception of Alisson, walk into the current UTD side.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
All round excellent performance. The much maligned Matip was right up there for me. Hendo came on as an attacking midfielder and looked very good. Lallana was sharper and dallied less which kept the ball moving. Overall a joy to watch.
Win the league or not, this is a brilliant team, all credit to JK and his team behind the season.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I really cant add anything much to what's already been said except to say that under Klopp we have brought fantastic, world class players to the club.
Alisson, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Mane, Keita, Gini, Ox, MO, Shaq.............monsters the lot of them. Every one of them, maybe with the exception of Alisson, walk into the current UTD side.
Allison on current form beats de gea in this form hands down

Trader

We had a boost when their main striker couldn't play but we still had to do a job and that we did.
Fantastic professional performance and we could save Trent for the midweek game too :well done:

Our attack is starting to click at the right time now with 7 scored in the last 2... this sets us up nicely for Napoli :well done:
YNWA!:celebrating:

Breeze10

Honest I gave my vote to Robertson for a stellar performance, played like it was a final with all the determination in the world, but after Salah's gesture.... I don't know, what a gem we have in that player

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Fantastic performance. All coming together nicely now. Keita and Fabinho properly integrated. Even Lallana looked good today when he came on and, best of all, the goals are starting to flow. Hopefully that'll be the end of the 'not as good as last season' bollocks and the team can start getting the recognition it deserves.

dockers_strike

Whoo hoo! Get in. Wonder where all the twatteratti mob who called for Buvac's return are now? 2nd goal 2 minutes into the re start settled my nerves. Great to see Mo get a hattrick, the haters will be spitting feathers his first was given but as I said, strikers are supposed to get the call in borderline decisions.

That 4th was a joy to behold, Mo showed all his qualities, skill and nerve. Loved the way he shaped to put it to Akki's left then prodded it to his right. He even stayed on his feet for the second when many would have gone down. What was that about looking for free kicks?

Tyler an utter gobshite on sky, moaning about the offside, saying they should have had a pen when Alisson headed that one away in the first half. He is one moaning manc bastard and Im overjoyed we spoilt his day.

Ive got a feeling chelsea will roll over for city later but it is a timely reminder to them we are right on their arses. That game next week against the mancs is going to be real juicey. Cant wait.

johnoleary

thats more like it,still not as electric as last season,but the best performance this season,i thought up to the goal mo was a bit off with his touch,but did superbly.mom for me,but a big mention to bobby as well who played his best for many weeks,lallana looked useful when coming on as well,and once again what can be said about robertson,it takes mo to score a hat trick to wrestle mom off him i think,he just never stops running,not always the perfect pass or cross but he gives everything for the team.

FGred

Pure class admin you’ll have to create a button to give likes to every poster when we win so comprehensively should have given motm to the lfc away supporters The club should send them all a bottle of Linctus or cider whichever they prefer brilliant day

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I reluctantly gave MOTM to Mo - cause this was a true all around team performance
We have some proper tough/hard men playing for us - and we display that mentality more often than not these days (coming back from behind against Burnley springs to mind)
We have to see that mentality in our next European match combined with creativity and an attacking midfield
I for one would like to see Keita and Fabinho start against Napoli

C

Caradoc

Two really tough away games in less than a week .......... no problem! 6 points, just one goal conceded and our goal difference improved by 6.

All the whinging, whining and bellyaching interspersed with regular doses of vitriol since the season started but we’re unbeaten in 16 EPL games, have dropped just 6 points and conceded only 6 goals.

At Burnley on a bloody awful night we were fouled and bullied with no protection from the officials but rose above it; today we played a side wanting to play football who weren’t allowed to by us.

This isn’t about today, its about the last two matches, its about our EPL season so far. Absolutely sensational!

FGred

Liverpool just shows what they do to teams which come to play football and not hoofball. Credit to Howe for persisting with an open attacking formation. Despite the end result , Bournemouth is probably the 7th best team in the league right now.

Deserved win for Liverpool. 4-0 against a team that city didn't cream is a credit.
Yes I forgot to add that Eddie Howe should give a few lessons in class to Dyck to teach him to acknowledge a superior adversary I used to admire him but after Wednesday he has shown to be a poor excuse for a manager