• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
There has to be a name for the particular type of terror that grips the minds of defenses that are subjected to an AR at pace pass from the left wing -

RedForever2014

Not a poor performance from anyone who featured today. Everyone at the very least was professional and dependable.

Alisson dominant, Milner definitely a viable right back option, Matip should be given credit for an encouragingly solid performance, VVD imperious, Robertson tigerish.

Fabinho is settling and quietly effective in that role, Gini quiet today but handled his core responsibilities well, Shaqiri thriving in the 10 role.

Keita seemed to be playing the left forward role I've advocated for him and did well. Pleased to see Bobby looking more like himself and Salah back to his best.

Mane getting a few minutes to ease him back in before Tuesday and looking lively, Lallana a useful player off the bench when he can use his energy in 20 to 30 minutes.

Personally I think Klopp's biggest issue is Henderson. He really shouldn't be featuring ahead of Fabinho at 6 in big matches, but he will.

For me Henderson should be rotated with Gini alongside Fabinho and only play 6 against lesser sides at home.

If Milner's going to rotate at right back with TAA whilst Gomez is out, I'd like to see Gini/Hendo and Fabinho rotating as a midfield 2, with Keita rotating with the front three and playing 10 against better sides, with Shaqiri featuring at 10 against lesser sides.

To be honest, I'd use Milner at right back on Tuesday, starting Fab and Hendo in central midfield, with Keita behind the front three.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
When I looked at the scoreline, I could not believe it, wow, what a result, 4-0, who would have thought against a very impressive and well organised Bournemouth side.

Mo is back. I heard Alisson had a brilliant day, Fabinho and Keita were impressive, well done Redmen for the great result at a very tough place.

auzziez

Absolutely brilliant performance from the team. Credit to Bournemouth for still trying to play football while everyone could see only one outcome.
Special applause to Mo for his hat-trick. And for the very special James Milner, a model professional in every sense.
Commiserations to the guy named Cook. I thought he got roasted tonight.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
When I looked at the scoreline, I could not believe it, wow, what a result, 4-0, who would have thought against a very impressive and well organised Bournemouth side.

Mo is back. I heard Alisson had a brilliant day, Fabinho and Keita were impressive, well done Redmen for the great result at a very tough place.
@Maria @Scott Jones please do whatever you guys do for our every game! Team needs you!!

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I don't what happened with Mo, but my Glasgow cousin who watched the match said Mo was not his usual self when he scored the goals in terms of celebrating, he didn't look happy. Or maybr she needs new glasses.

How was Mo?

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
I don't what happened with Mo, but my Glasgow cousin who watched the match said Mo was not his usual self when he scored the goals in terms of celebrating, he didn't look happy. Or maybr she needs new glasses.

How was Mo?
I read angry somewhere...

Looked focused to me...and maybe just a little bit smug at sticking it up a few people's arses...

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member

How was Mo?
Mo was disappointed that he couldn't score more!! He's just hungry for more!!

liver1

How was Mo?
A lot of people have been commenting on that but look at last season:

Hes never been a wild celebrator of goals.