• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 8/12/18 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum

• Salah [GOAL 25’, 47’, 76’]

Votes: 169 89.9%
  • Shaqiri [off 65’]

• Keita [off 65’]

• Firmino [off 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mane [on 65’]

• Lallana [on 65’]

• Henderson [on 80’]

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I don't what happened with Mo, but my Glasgow cousin who watched the match said Mo was not his usual self when he scored the goals in terms of celebrating, he didn't look happy. Or maybr she needs new glasses.

How was Mo?
My mate who knows Brad, Brad the equipment manager. He’s mates with MOs agent, Brad tells me Mo is gone in January. Probably explains why he doesn’t look happy...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I have not wanting to leave the house and watch matches away from the house as much as I could, but did it on Wednesday and we won convincingly and so I tried it again today and bloody hell! So I guess I might have to keep this up so that we could keep going.

Great performance from everyone. Give Kieta more room to operate he can hurt you, Fabinho been steady and I like his way of keep looking for passes that are far more progressive that could help sprung our boys into attack. Alisson made a lot of difficult saves looked damn easy and Matip looking good next to calm Van Dijk. I guess Van Dijk is our natural leader for the back line.

Firmino looked lively, and that shot that was saved and rebounded for Salah was menacing. The swerve and power he delivered with that shot was marvellous, and I hope this is where he found his form again after a bit of a break last Wednesday. Salah found his scoring boots and that makes me very happy.

Our 3rd goal has as much to do with Fabinho's well weighted pass to Robertson as the leftback's delivery into the box. Very good day, and I gave my man of the match to Salah even though I know he won't accept it. And that my friend is called mutual respect and camaraderie among our boys. Good to see....
Yes I forgot to add that Eddie Howe should give a few lessons in class to Dyck to teach him to acknowledge a superior adversary I used to admire him but after Wednesday he has shown to be a poor excuse for a manager
Yeah that fella I highlighted, very classy bloke..... ;-)

TheSweetSilverSong

By the end of the season Salah will be a "Two-Season Wonder". Then 3, then 4, then 5.
Then some more....
Top of the table, at least until El-Plastico ends. Hopefully even after. Even if joint-top.
Salah joint-top currently as well.
Fabinho and Keita growing into the starting XI, and kept a clean sheet without Gomez too, away as well. Scored away goals for fun and laid out the way for two crucial games ahead.
Very happy with both the performance and the result!

Sweeting

I don't what happened with Mo, but my Glasgow cousin who watched the match said Mo was not his usual self when he scored the goals in terms of celebrating, he didn't look happy. Or maybr she needs new glasses.

How was Mo?
He never really celebrates his goals that much, he is a cool customer. "Act like you've been there before" type.

Had a bit of a smug smile when asked about his 3rd goal.

Doesn't seem like anything to worry about - but with January approaching I am sure this will get blown up into a January move to Real Madrid or New York Giants or the Harlem Globetrotters.

Edit: Forgot to say he got raked down the achilles whilst scoring his 2nd goal and looked furious at Steve Cook (who dod the raking). Funnily enough Salah then made Cook's day a nightmare by accidently injuring him and destroying him for the 4th goal. Robbo also forced an OG out of him.

Last edited:

Take it easy Lads....Mo IS GOING NO WHERE ... He said he is very HAPPY at Liverpool ... Barca can not offered him because of the 100 million Euro clause on top of his fees signed by the spanish team when they nicked Coutinho from us... Madrid cant afford him either as they need multiple players to build their team ...now which club is left in Europe which is bigger than us at the moment ....GO REDS

Dave-D

Four goals and Salah hat trick :celebrating:

Good to see the Bobby and Mo connection back again.

Another clean sheet :well done:

Pressure now on City to get a win.

That’ll do nicely and sets up a nice a relaxed weekend for me perfectly

redaderry

Great result. Kind of getting to be normal winning these games now.
Re Salah's first goal, i'm no expert but when Firmino took his shot, Mo was skightly offside but he wasn't involved in the play until the ball was passed back to him from the goalie. Of course all the usual bellend pundits will say it should've been disallowed and that it turned the game.

Flobs

FADA
Bournemouth should now be made LFC's official punch ball. :) They look really poor against us.
That no llok goal by their defender was sublime. More of that please. lol

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Bournemouth should now be made LFC's official punch ball. :) They look really poor against us.
That no llok goal by their defender was sublime. More of that please. lol
To be fair they did not only missed two of their midfielders, they've also missed their main scorer in Wilson. But we are always going to play better against teams that want to have a go at us with proper football, rather than kicking our players and hope for a long ball counter attack goal.

Flobs

FADA
To be fair they did not only missed two of their midfielders, they've also missed their main scorer in Wilson. But we are always going to play better against teams that want to have a go at us with proper football, rather than kicking our players and hope for a long ball counter attack goal.
You call what Bournemouth dealt out 'proper' football? :eh?:
They just show us too much 'respect' that's not proper football.
Also I am not interested in excuses for opposition. :tongue:

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Gini's missed header would have been very useful for my languishing FPL team.

I am just losing to my arch-nemesis at work and it is quite galling.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Our manager.... he's such a fan! Here's two contrasting interview after the match
He was way too excited with his first interview. Full of praise for his own players...

He then settled down a bit, and this is what he came up with
More perspective on what Bournemouth was missing in their team, the 3 players that was ruled out. Then explained the way the players carried out their work, and still a lot of praise for Salah. I like this - "Eddie Howe is the best manager I've ever met, how could I say anything different".